Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yeah...that's why The Jags are such a good looking fit. The Coach, the rookie QB situation, and all that Smith could do....and best of all, he would be respected and appreciated for what he brings.

I am not sure I know enough about him, but I hope his career in football is well rewarded beyond playing.

I still can't believe how ugly his leg situation got! It was brutal to look at, and it was highly serious!!
    Regarding Urban Meyer, love the guy, great coach with great historical success. I know the Jags beat us in the 1996 playoffs but that was 25 years ago so I don't hate them any more. And I hope Meyer has good success as a NFL coach. Many don't do very well transitioning from the college ranks to the Pro's. I wish him well but not when we play the Jag's this year.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Regarding Urban Meyer, love the guy, great coach with great historical success. I know the Jags beat us in the 1996 playoffs but that was 25 years ago so I don't hate them any more. And I hope Meyer has good success as a NFL coach. Many don't do very well transitioning from the college ranks to the Pro's. I wish him well but not when we play the Jag's this year.
      broncos should have won 3 chips in a row and the Jags screwed that up. IMO the 1996 team was better then the back to back teams

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

broncos should have won 3 chips in a row and the Jags screwed that up. IMO the 1996 team was better then the back to back teams
        So you believe we would have gotten to the AFC championship and beaten the Pansy's and get our first SB win against the Packers? Too bad we'll never know.

That Jag game was devastating for sure.
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

I am sorry however that Loss Still Stings Me.

Comment

• Alex Smith just became available....imo we should pursue him HARD
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Alex Smith just became available....imo we should pursue him HARD
              Totally agree - one of the highest win percentages in the past decade, and with insider knowledge of Chiefs and Ried, plus a history of other QBs on the roster developing. Colin Kaepernick and Mahomes were seen as superstars when they took over after Alex Smith, but they were not seen as something special for 90% of fans and commentators. There is a high likelihood that Alex Smith had a huge impact on them being very professional when they started. Kaepernick clearly developed an agenda that was not conducive to football but in 2012 and 2013 he displayed a much different image.
              I don't see any downside to getting Smith.

Comment

• John Clayton is apparently reporting that Fitzpatrick is thinking about retirement.

He would have been a good one to consider.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  John Clayton is apparently reporting that Fitzpatrick is thinking about retirement.

He would have been a good one to consider.
                  He was my fallback if we couldn't get Watson. He's 39 so he is a bridge qb that could push Lock
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Ryan Fitzpatrick plans to play in 2021 (msn.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Three 1sts is a steep price so I checked all the Broncos first round picks in history in a hypothetical trade for Watson.

There is only one set of three straight first rounders I'd have to think about:
                      Otis Armstrong
                      Gradishar
                      Louis Wright

IMO, these are the best 3 consecutive first round picks in Broncos history and I think I'd still trade them for Watson. However, if my calculations are correct, there are 57 other consecutive trios that don't come close, except maybe one or two others.

If history is any judge, I'd say 3 picks for Watson is a good gamble. I may try to give something like Lock and AOK plus two firsts, but the market will set the value and I'll bet it will be pretty high.

Which 2 or 3 CONSECUTIVE first rounders would you all trade/not trade for Watson?
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_draft_picks
                      How about Merlin Olsen, Kermit Alexander, Bob Brown and Dick Butkus? Four in a row because four first rounders was being mentioned as a possibility prior to the recent lawsuits. If so, you could add Riley Odoms to the front of your three.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Still holding out hope for Alex Smith here....
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Still holding out hope for Alex Smith here....
                          He'd be great to have in the room with Lock. Apparently nobody wants him, so we might be able to get him on the cheap. Then again, he might just retire rather than be a glorified QB coach.

Comment

• It's beginning to look to me like we only have a few options and some may not even be realistic. I think we have been taken out the draft by the recent movement. Either we have to blow the socks off the Jets with some offer, or we are looking at tier 2/3 rookie QBs.

Watson and Wilson- two disgruntled QBs who apparently want out. It seems like Watsons legal issues should take him out of the equation, and I have a hard time believing Wilson will be traded anywhere.

FA route there is nothing but slim pickings remaining. Alex Smith might make for a nice mentor, but I don't think he could finish it out- if need be -and give us anything.

I think we are looking at Minshew or Darnold via trade and Lock will have the leg up to begin the season. In a perfect world he takes control of the room and there is no question, but if Darnold/Minnshew/whoever comes here- I hope we actually make our QB win the job.
                            Lock/Darnold two guys who haven't had to compete or change for years. I think a little humbling competition might do wonders for one (or both).

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                              It's beginning to look to me like we only have a few options and some may not even be realistic. I think we have been taken out the draft by the recent movement. Either we have to blow the socks off the Jets with some offer, or we are looking at tier 2/3 rookie QBs.

Watson and Wilson- two disgruntled QBs who apparently want out. It seems like Watsons legal issues should take him out of the equation, and I have a hard time believing Wilson will be traded anywhere.

FA route there is nothing but slim pickings remaining. Alex Smith might make for a nice mentor, but I don't think he could finish it out- if need be -and give us anything.

I think we are looking at Minshew or Darnold via trade and Lock will have the leg up to begin the season. In a perfect world he takes control of the room and there is no question, but if Darnold/Minnshew/whoever comes here- I hope we actually make our QB win the job.
                              Lock/Darnold two guys who haven't had to compete or change for years. I think a little humbling competition might do wonders for one (or both).
                              The Jaguars did just sign CJ Beathard...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

The Jaguars did just sign CJ Beathard...
                                What is so tempting about Minnshew (and Lock) is the price. Darnold comes with a bigger hit but these two would give us a couple guys to duke it out for less than 5 million vs the cap.
                                If no one emerges, we are set up to take on a contract next year.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X