Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

There is nothing that says lock is. Tell me this if lock was the guy going forward why have they not said it yet? Will this Raiders game make everything better if he shines??? Heck no. They could easily put all this to rest and say lock is coming back like they did vic, and Shuman.
    You're right. Lock has even said that he is yet to hear anything definitive on the matter. However, Elway has said that most of the coaches are being retained; and Fangio has said that he is looking forward to how Shurmer can further develop Lock next season. I would say this points to a likelihood of Lock being retained.

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I dont want to he the comments people took and ran with on what Elway and victory said lol. Tell me one coach or gm come out to thev media publicly and say " he's not the guy we are going to be looking for his position in the offseason or draft" what people are failing to really is the both said " we think lock can be a good qb IN THIS LEAGUE." NOT one of the said for the Broncos or this team. So we both can take what we want. But again if lock was the man why not just say it now? Why wait. If you think for one sec Elway is not gonna explore any qbs in the draft you are sadly mistaken.
    I think from what I have said above that Fangio expects both Shurmer and Lock to continue. And that from Elway's comments it appears that he doesn't want to make any major changes. We shall see. It's entirely possible that Lock is safe but that Elway may want to bring in another QB as a veteran backup or as an insurance policy in case Lock fails to perform in the first few games.

Comment

In order:

Watson
      Ryan
      Stafford
      Wentz
      Darnold
      Kaepernick (off season tire kicking)
      Haskins

Comment

Not sure if it’s been mentioned earlier but there is an espn analyst predicting if the Browns choked today that they would cut ties with Baker Mayfield. I don’t really believe it but if they did I’d be stoked to go after him.
        sigpic

Comment

It's being reported that DeShaun Watson wants to be traded and that his contract wouldn't be difficult to work around. So, pipe dream, Denver should bring him in to 'compete'

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            It's being reported that DeShaun Watson wants to be traded and that his contract wouldn't be difficult to work around. So, pipe dream, Denver should bring him in to 'compete'
            I saw that. Supposedly some teammates said he told them he'd be interested in being traded. The estimates are 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round draft picks, and a player. I think it's worth it. Pretty much every other position that might need to be filled by the Broncos in the next 3 years can be had through FA and and 3rd round/later drafts. Their available cap space this year is decent. Watson's about the only QB "available" that's worth going big on.

Comment

Give them a few picks and Von?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

Give them a few picks and Von?
                Watsons a franchise QB and makes the GM job in Denver more desirable. IMO this is Elways only chance to not go down with the ship. You give Houston EVERYTHING they want for Watson and make him the future of this franchise.

This is how I would start knowing that 22 would end up being a 1st

2021 FIRST
                2022 3rd & 4th
                MILLER

Comment

The Watson situation is one of those big brain football situations. Do you pull the trigger on giving up a first, a could mid rounders next season and an elite player for an established elite QB?
                  Some people will look at that and be like "That's too much, we're giving away the future for one player." Sometimes to have to make those decisions on the potential that your future is the playoffs.
                  You give up Von for an Elite QB, Denver goes from a rebuilding team to a playoff team in one move. Now playoff team could simply mean 9-7 not 12-4. But you'd be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't think Denver has a better roster than the Texans.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    But you'd be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't think Denver has a better roster than the Texans.
                    I haven't really seen much of the Texans this season, but I've heard that they might have gone 0-16 without Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

I haven't really seen much of the Texans this season, but I've heard that they might have gone 0-16 without Watson.
                      Dude had a really good season stat wise with that terrible team. He's a stud and would be worth giving up picks for. I def believe they would be an 0-16 team.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Dude had a really good season stat wise with that terrible team. He's a stud and would be worth giving up picks for. I def believe they would be an 0-16 team.
                        I’m not saying they wouldn’t be really bad but I doubt they’d be 0-16, they played the Jags twice, they probably at least split with them lol

Comment

The Watson situation is one of those big brain football situations. Do you pull the trigger on giving up a first, a could mid rounders next season and an elite player for an established elite QB?...
                          It's going to cost a lot more than giving up those draft picks. Talk is it'll take 3 first rounders, 3 2nd rounders, and a player. Because the Broncos have a #9 first round pick, I don't think they could get Watson for what's speculated, even if Houston was willing.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

It's going to cost a lot more than giving up those draft picks. Talk is it'll take 3 first rounders, 3 2nd rounders, and a player. Because the Broncos have a #9 first round pick, I don't think they could get Watson for what's speculated, even if Houston was willing.
                            we discussed this in another thread but they may as well say they arent shopping him....however that cost was pure speculation.
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

we discussed this in another thread but they may as well say they arent shopping him....however that cost was pure speculation.
                              Not sure I understand what you're saying. Is it they're trying to get too much, or that since it was speculation, a price wasn't discussed so they aren't selling? Sounds like there might be several teams in a better draft position than the Broncos who would want him. Since O'Brien's out, maybe his replacement might be interested?

Comment

We've discussed somewhere but Watson would be an ideal target....but the price will not be ideal. He is one of the best younger QBs, and will excel in some organizations. I'd love it, but like I say, for how much? 2 or 3 firsts...or combo thereof? I am cool with giving up our 1st, 3rd and a 1st next year. But if he is available, watch our for serious pursuers.

Comment

Working...
                                X