Nothing will change until at least 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing will change until at least 2022

This team is on the path to purgatory through 2021. There's no way Joe Ellis, in what presumably will be his final year as de facto owner, will fire John Elway. Elway, in turn, will not fire Vic Fangio in the final year of his (Elway's) contract. And Fangio is unlikely to make any substantial changes in the off season to his coaching staff or personnel. He fires Tom McMahon MAYBE? Outside of that expect the same ol' same ol' from this team. Fangio is not a quality head coach - he's never going to be holding the Lombardi Trophy over his head at a podium. Elway is going to ride out the last year of his contract making millions of dollars and additional terrible decisions in the draft & free agency. And Ellis will stay hidden, allowing this once great franchise to continue to diminish under his watch.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is in 2022, when Elway and Fangio both will be gone and hopefully this team is sold. Fans can hang their hat on hope and optimism for 2021 but with this coaching staff and Elway making decisions? And in fact, they're talking about giving Fangio MORE personnel say? There's no way this team finishes ahead of the Chiefs or Chargers, and I can't imagine they'll be any closer to catching the Raiders.
    sigpic

I totally agree with You. I think real change happens in 2022. Sad Times Sad Times.

Comment

Agreed! The only way Denver has a remotely good season in 2021 is if John catches lightening in bottle again by trading for the rights to Andrew Luck which isn’t happening lol

BTW, Brian Xander’s was the GM when PFM signed on in Denver!

Comment

Don't hold your breath on 2022. Brittany is only 29 years old. I seriously doubt 3/4 of the owners will approve it if Ellis doesn't tag along to be the defacto decision maker. The youngest team owner is 55 and I can't see the other owners agreeing to letting someone that young and inexperienced as a voting owner unless Ellis stays. That might be why Ellis picked Brittany over Beth. Beth was likely to fire him day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
          Don't hold your breath on 2022. Brittany is only 29 years old. I seriously doubt 3/4 of the owners will approve it if Ellis doesn't tag along to be the defacto decision maker. The youngest team owner is 55 and I can't see the other owners agreeing to letting someone that young and inexperienced as a voting owner unless Ellis stays. That might be why Ellis picked Brittany over Beth. Beth was likely to fire him day 1.
          I don't see the team staying in the Bowlen family. The team is on path to be sold once the court case proceeds later this year.
          sigpic

Comment

There will be a new owner. The team is valued at 4 billion, the Bowlen children aren’t going to pass that up. Even split between all of them that’s some crazy money.

Comment

Billionaire level money left up to a judge to decide? Personally I would love a new owner but I'm a little pessimistic that it's going to work in the fans favor.

Comment

Billionaire level money left up to a judge to decide? Personally I would love a new owner but I'm a little pessimistic that it's going to work in the fans favor.
                A judge isn't going to decide who will own the team. He will only decide if Pat Bowlen was lucid enough to have revised the trust as he did back in 2009.

The issue with the ownership and whether it stays in the Bowlen family is that all the children have to support whoever the trust picks, and that's clearly not going to happen especially since Beth Bowlen is already advocating to sell the team and divide the money.
                sigpic

Comment

I so hope you're right. This garbage is getting hard to take

Comment

I'll throw in $150,000 If y'all want to get an ownership group going. Let me know. 0nly $3,999,850,00 to go.
                    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Agreed! The only way Denver has a remotely good season in 2021 is if John catches lightening in bottle again by trading for the rights to Andrew Luck which isn’t happening lol

BTW, Xanders was an administrative assistant -that's it. No control over personnel. Stop pushing this fallacy in your agenda to discredit Elway's past accomplishments.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

That would be the perfect Elway magic we need! Speak it into existence.
                        "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JSwint22 View Post

That would be the perfect Elway magic we need! Speak it into existence.
                          I would rather Ellis just fire Fangio & Elway, and hire someone who can actually make good personnel decisions. But Ellis seems as clueless as the rest of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

BTW, Xanders was an administrative assistant -that's it. No control over personnel. Stop pushing this fallacy in your agenda to discredit Elway's past accomplishments.
                            Brian Xanders was the General Manager here from 2009-2012. Surely he had some control over personnel in that role.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

I would rather Ellis just fire Fangio & Elway, and hire someone who can actually make good personnel decisions. But Ellis seems as clueless as the rest of them.
                              What does Ellis even do? He kinda seems like John Elway sidekick.
                              "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X