No announcement yet.

Nothing will change until at least 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with some of this if someone can show me how we tie coaching to all the injuries the last two years. And maybe that's possible and the correct answer (the jet sweep that got Hamler injured is a stupid high school play that pits receivers against linebackers). Otherwise I see two excellent drafts back to back that got blown up by injury. One more good draft and a healthier team next year would make everyone look good.

Comment

Regarding John Elway "stepping aside", my opinion is that unless there's an obvious massive upgrade ready to take the job, you let the greatest Denver Bronco of all time, time to figure it out. He's hardly the first guy who's had a very tough time trying to find a franchise QB. Unless you're the Los Angeles Lakers, teams don't have the best players in the league given to them for the sole purpose of winning titles. I thank John for all the greatness he brought to the Denver Broncos for the past 35 years or so. I hope there's a better plan in place but as of now, I don't see it. And PLEASE don't let Mike Shanahan anywhere near the job. 🤮

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post
        I agree with some of this if someone can show me how we tie coaching to all the injuries the last two years. And maybe that's possible and the correct answer (the jet sweep that got Hamler injured is a stupid high school play that pits receivers against linebackers). Otherwise I see two excellent drafts back to back that got blown up by injury. One more good draft and a healthier team next year would make everyone look good.
        Don't see much discussion of injuries. Defense in the season finale had five starters left from the season opener (Simmons, Jackson, Johnson, Jewell and Reed) and Reed started in the place of Miller who had gone on IR just a few days before, so, call it four. Offense lost Sutton, Okwuegbunam and Lindsay with Ham!er, Lock, Spencer and Fant missing some time. During the finale, Patrick, Glasgow and Risner left the game in the first half, I believe. On top of that was the time lost by players due to Covid. Silver lining is the experience gained by the rookies and depth guys who will be back presumably in the same system with the same coaches.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Agreed! The only way Denver has a remotely good season in 2021 is if John catches lightening in bottle again by trading for the rights to Andrew Luck which isn’t happening lol

BTW, Brian Xander’s was the GM when PFM signed on in Denver!
          Working overtime to erase anything good done by Elway it seems

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

BTW, Xanders was an administrative assistant -that's it. No control over personnel. Stop pushing this fallacy in your agenda to discredit Elway's past accomplishments.
          To add on this...PM said the way in which Elway presented the idea of coming to Denver was huge in PM picking the Broncos over the other teams.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

We will see how this plays out. What I don't get is why you keep Fangio & staff unless as usual the money is tight. Is anyone optimistic that we will even be in the playoffs next year unless big changes are made? Or are we gonna let the new GM be the bad guy? If they hire the Chicago guy we are toast. If we hire someone like Dorsey or Dimitroff then we have some hope they will clear house. I look back on my years in corporate & it is so hard to come in & clean house if you have worked with a guy before (Fangio or Schumer). I just want some hope going into next year as well as a QB competition.
            Bronco Bob

Comment

Working...
            X