Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New GM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New GM

    Just heard Schefter say Elway will hire a GM to work with Fangio. He also added Matt Russell is retiring
    Last edited by Bronco51; 01-04-2021, 01:17 PM.

  • #2
    Yup, just heard that. Elway will be taking a higher position in the FO and giving up GM duties, including the draft and final say about the roster. Not stepping down but moving aside.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

    Comment


    • #3
      Official Statement from Elway:

      Comment


      • #4
        Boom!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you, John Elway, for putting your ego aside for the good of the franchise!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Weird timing. Curious how much this has to do with the impending change of team ownership? When you supposedly have your young players in place, you don't jump ship on them.

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8
                Although, I thought his drafting was getting better every year....one has to wander if this spells doom for Lock. What GM isn't going to want to put his own stamp on his new team and what better way to do so with a shiny new QB????
                ​​​​​

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am very surprised but my respect for Elway just shot up ten fold. He recognized it was not working and checked his ego at the door. I didn't think he'd do it himself. I said in some thread that if Elway truly cared about the state of this franchise that hed have to make the tough decision to step aside or when his contract ended to just let someone else come in. Thanks for the super bowl Elway wish you luck moving forward.
                  :go:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is good! I am glad Elway got a Promotion!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This move only matters if you empower that GM to have all final say in football-related issues. If you tell the GM he has to keep Fangio and the rest of the coaching staff, then this means absolutely nothing.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                        Weird timing. Curious how much this has to do with the impending change of team ownership? When you supposedly have your young players in place, you don't jump ship on them.
                        Bc he doesn't want lock and he doesn't want to let him go. Scapegoat. He probably don't want vic either but cannot back track in what he said. So whats the next best thing to do. Have someone else do his dirty work so he can look good.
                        Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          This move only matters if you empower that GM to have all final say in football-related issues. If you tell the GM he has to keep Fangio and the rest of the coaching staff, then this means absolutely nothing.
                          True, I hope that he doesn't turn into our own Jerry Jones. Lets keep our fingers crossed on that.
                          :go:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            Although, I thought his drafting was getting better every year....one has to wander if this spells doom for Lock. What GM isn't going to want to put his own stamp on his new team and what better way to do so with a shiny new QB????
                            ​​​​​
                            My thoughts exactly. I feel elway planned this. He had so much time to say lock is our guy next year. Do we really think that if lock played well in the last game the would be good enough for next year. He is 32 out of 35 qualified qbs in rating and ranked like 1st ints.
                            Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The real question is if he's responsible for hiring his own replacement at GM. Because if he's failed miserably at hiring coaches and building out our roster then........
                              ​​​​

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X