New GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

So wanted us to take a look at Louis Riddick maybe he said naw to Denver?
    Well if he doesn't think Lock and Fangio are the answer, and I don't know that by the way, he might not have bothered showing interest. For some reason our fan board seems to be the only place showing interest in Riddick coming to Denver. Maybe he never got a phone call.

Comment

• Schefter reporting that we’ve signed Paton to a 6 year deal to be the new GM.

Comment

• Schefter reporting it's Paton. Let's get it going!!!!!

Comment

• Figured it'd be Paton, Elway is anything if predictable
          Last edited by Broncoyearound; 01-13-2021, 10:08 AM.
          :go:

Comment

• It's Paton on a 6 year deal.

DNVR Broncos (@DNVR__Broncos) Tweeted: The Broncos have found their guy. George Paton has agreed to a six year deal to become the next general manager of the Denver Broncos. #BroncosCountry https://t.co/1FIJI7ISTn https://twitter.com/DNVR__Broncos/st...828179968?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
              Figured it'd be Paton, Elway is anything but predictable
              Are you saying he ISN'T predictable? I think what you meant is that he is predictable, in which case I definitely agree.

This just strikes me as another john fox type hire. Someone whose been around a long time, has moderate success but nothing outstanding. Is probably viewed as a safe hire. No fresh ideas, not much success at the QB position. Likes to overspend on veterans for a win now approach rather than developing youth. Nothing spectacularly good about his draft record.

I'm just bored of this team. What's the point of stepping aside and replacing yourself with more old blood of which the game has probably passed by.

REALLY hope I'm wrong. This has perpetual mediocrity written all over it.

Comment

• I was just going to ask what does everyone think of this Hire? I do not know anything about Paton so maybe some of you all can shed a Light?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  Schefter reporting it's Paton. Let's get it going!!!!!
                  Here's Schefter's full tweet:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted: Broncos finalizing six-year deal with Vikings’ personnel man George Paton to become Denver’s GM, per source. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...261092354?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                    I was just going to ask what does everyone think of this Hire? I do not know anything about Paton so maybe some of you all can shed a Light?
                    Paton likes the veteran signal caller approach which is why you saw the vikings with people like case keenum and kirk cousins. He isn't real keen on trying to develop rookie qbs. For you Lock fans of the world you should all be very worried about his starting qb spot as I look for Paton to want a qb but for people who like Stafford if he was available for trade I think Paton would jump all over that.

I just dont like his approach to the most important position of a team. I still don't think he's that much of an upgrade to Elway. I think its another yes man I hope Elway isn't going to be a Jones type person in a franchise we won't go anywhere like that. We do need fresh ideas but for right now I need to see what Paton says and does. Im just not optimistic at this time. Hopefully im proven wrong.

Comment

• This is a good thing!

(How long do you think it will take until there's a "FIRE PATON" Thread !!!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        This is a good thing!

Two to five minutes after the Stafford trade would be my guess.

Comment

This is a good thing!

I was actually thinking this . Broncos country are never happy 😂

Comment

This is a good thing!

As soon as he replaces lock I'm guessing. A lot of people on the board love that kid. Im not moved either way what they do with Lock but I know a lot of posters will be.

Comment

This is a good thing!

It’ll be when during FA or during the draft. Ultimately though this is a trial run since Fangio will have more power. Not necessarily a bad thing because of a shorter scouting timeframe for Paton. But if the team turns it around there’s a chance that he just took the same job he had in Minnesota. If they don’t Fangio is gone at which point we’ll see his vision for the team.

Comment

• Glad Paton was chosen, he was one of my top 3 candidates for the job. Was hoping we wouldn't hire Kelly tbh.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X