No announcement yet.

New GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like Paton does well with evaluating players in the draft, and that's been an issue for several years now. Hope this guy does well for this team. Would be nice to see the Broncos a formidable force again.

Comment

• I saw that Paton said this,

“Drew’s talented, and I think he can develop,” Paton told King. “Obviously, you want to bring in competition to every position.”

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post

CBSsports.com has Denver parting ways with Miller and replacing him with an OLB/DE at their pick
          Kwity Paye?
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• I find it funny how all these people who think they know what our plans are.

Paton said he is going to meet with scouts over the weekend. He is going to meet with coaches next week. He then is going to meet with our salary cap guy.

After all that is done he is going to start making a plan for the Broncos that is going to involve the opinions of a lot of people most of whom he has not even talked to at this point. Paton wants to know the people a little, get information from them, give information back and as a group make plans.

It becomes obvious quickly to me who really has no idea how large groups of people make decisions so they start projecting their own opinion onto what the Broncos are going to do.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Just read an article that states Paton believes in building the offensive and defensive lines. "That is how you stay competitive in every single game. Control the line of scrimmage". Minnesota has always had strong lines on both sides. This should be a boring draft that fans will not admire, until they do. .

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Kwity Paye?
                Or Rousseau if they choose to go with a pass rusher. Those two seem to be the most mentioned in the top 10.

Going to be interesting to see what the decision with Miller will end up being. Same with Casey, Bouye, S. Harris. Those big contract players teetering on the brink. Paton chooses to move on from them, it creates gaping holes in the roster that will need to be filled.

JMO but I think that they will not be drafting Miller’s replacement, even if they move him. That spot gets filled in FA. A long way to go before the draft but I’m still thinking Parsons if he makes it to #9. If not, Farley or Surtain. Who knows, Broncos let D line go, wouldn’t Barmore look good?

So many variables depending on Paton’s decisions. Current players, FA, draft picks all intertwined. Makes this new GM thing kind of interesting. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                  Just read an article that states Paton believes in building the offensive and defensive lines. "That is how you stay competitive in every single game. Control the line of scrimmage". Minnesota has always had strong lines on both sides. This should be a boring draft that fans will not admire, until they do. .
                  Yep, Elway was pretty phenomenal in his prime, but when he won Super Bowls his OL and DL were the best he ever played with. Baker Mayfield looked astronomically better this year, I believe, because his OL was really, really good.

Comment

• I would argue that both lines are pretty solid though. Obviously depends on what decisions are made I retaining current players and the continued development of the younger players. But on paper, both lines look good.

On paper, Casey returning healthy and keeping S. Harris and the developing younger players bodes well.

On offense, an off-season of working out should help. Hopefully Munchak stays for stability. Biggest question mark remains the return of James. Will he, or another opt out season? Will he be in shape? Will he play with any intensity? If he can play at the level he was expected to when signed, RT issue is solved. Big “if” though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      I saw that Paton said this,

“Drew’s talented, and I think he can develop,” Paton told King. “Obviously, you want to bring in competition to every position.”
                      Any one can develop into a talented bench warmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                        Sounds like Paton does well with evaluating players in the draft, and that's been an issue for several years now. Hope this guy does well for this team. Would be nice to see the Broncos a formidable force again.
                        I think you mean Has NOT Been an issue for several years now.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Or Rousseau if they choose to go with a pass rusher. Those two seem to be the most mentioned in the top 10.

Going to be interesting to see what the decision with Miller will end up being. Same with Casey, Bouye, S. Harris. Those big contract players teetering on the brink. Paton chooses to move on from them, it creates gaping holes in the roster that will need to be filled.

JMO but I think that they will not be drafting Miller’s replacement, even if they move him. That spot gets filled in FA. A long way to go before the draft but I’m still thinking Parsons if he makes it to #9. If not, Farley or Surtain. Who knows, Broncos let D line go, wouldn’t Barmore look good?

So many variables depending on Paton’s decisions. Current players, FA, draft picks all intertwined. Makes this new GM thing kind of interesting. Lol
                          If Casey goes, which is very likely, Barmore would be a fantastic pick, IMO. When I do mock sims I always look at trade back offers to see how I can get Barmore AND something else like a linebacker, corner, or tackle. Truth is, I don't know how high Barmore is actually going to go. I think he's really good, and if you're dead set on getting him, you might have to take him at 9. I don't think there's any way he falls to 40. Either way, Idk how you pass on Parsons at 9 if he's there. And if, by some chance Wilson or Fields are still there, which I don't think will happen, that would be very tempting. I think all three players would be well worth the 9th pick. Surtain is probably worth the 9th pick, I'm not as sold on Farley, but as I've stated elsewhere, I think there's good corner value later in the draft.

I think a trade back would be nice for us if Parsons and the two QBs are off the board. Lot of options to work with. Barmore, Paye, Horn, Collins, Owusu-Karmamoah, OT... Barmore and Paye I think are more ideal fits for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Any one can develop into a talented bench warmer.
                            I'm pickin' up what your puttin' down!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Yep, Elway was pretty phenomenal in his prime, but when he won Super Bowls his OL and DL were the best he ever played with. Baker Mayfield looked astronomically better this year, I believe, because his OL was really, really good.
                              Our OL that won back to back Super Bowls was very interesting to see how it was put together.

Gary Zimmerman was a trade that Pat Bowlen got into.

We traded for Tony Jones.

Of the other 5 players who played a majority of the time on OL for those two teams 3 were free agents and 2 were drafted.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                                Just read an article that states Paton believes in building the offensive and defensive lines. "That is how you stay competitive in every single game. Control the line of scrimmage". Minnesota has always had strong lines on both sides. This should be a boring draft that fans will not admire, until they do. .
                                He can build does mean he has to do it in the draft it can be done in FA.
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X