New GM Search Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

It's so hard to tell really what goes on, because you can easily have biased stories supporting or criticizing anyone. Throw in a reporter who likes a certain story or knows something is click bait, and they'll write it to seem it's really all that happened. Since I'm not directly in the environment, I kinda take it all with that proverbial grain of salt. I look at it more from afar, and ask whether the overall roster got better or worse, and how it affected the team. The Bears have not done well with their selections. I think they made it to the first round one year, but right now their QB situation is pretty lousy. And, it's why I thought John Dorsey might be a good candidate for GM, since both the Chefs and the Browns are set up pretty well with their QBs and offensive performance.

Yep. Just my opinion. No doubt. I'm more curious what the true purpose of this move for Elway was, and what type of GM gets hired. Throw in Ellis saying the likely future of the owners isn't a part of the decision, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure this out.
    As an aside, given your name, were you contacted by The Eagles on Sunday night?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

As an aside, given your name, were you contacted by The Eagles on Sunday night?
      Now THAT was funny! Good one!

Comment

I’ve seen a few articles speculating on John Spytek. I think he would be a good candidate to help with the rebuild.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Has any GM ever been fired after just 1 year?
          Maybe, but unless Denver plans on sticking with Fangio longer than one more season, it wouldn't make sense to have a yes man GM with ties to him. Not to mention by 2022 the Ownership situation should be fixed. And that ownership might clean house on front office and coaching personnel.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Sorry, trying to post a tweet. Phone won’t let me delete previous post and I can’t see anything I posted. I will correct it when I get to a computer.

But looks like 2 more names have been officially added.
            request to interview George Paton (Vikings) and Dave Ziegler (Patriots)

Comment

Originally posted by DN1218 View Post
              Sorry, trying to post a tweet. Phone won’t let me delete previous post and I can’t see anything I posted. I will correct it when I get to a computer.

Editing a post with an embedded tweet is not going to work. This is a known issue for which we're waiting on a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by DN1218 View Post

8yrs with the Patriots scouting team, if we want to build for the future, he'd be a good hire. I think it would be best for us to sign someone not tied to Fangio, that way we can keep the GM when we do move past Vic, and the GM picks his coach.
                Paton would also be a good hire for the same reason. Vikings are a good drafting team.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Paton has been known to be extremely selective and has turned down GM interviews with other teams in the past, notably Cleveland and NYJ. Very highly-regarded within the Vikings organization— saw somewhere that he was viewed as the heir to Rick Spielman.

Ziegler has a previous link to Denver. He was the Director of Pro Personnel for NE before being promoted to Assistant Director of Player Personnel this past year.
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Editing a post with an embedded tweet is not going to work. This is a known issue for which we're waiting on a fix.
                    Oh ok, I did not know that. I don’t comment often. Mostly in the off-season. The embedded tweet worked last off-season I believe. But thank you. I won’t try it again. At least until I see them working.

Comment

Working...
                    X