Winning a title...followed by 5 years out of the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    Let's say then it takes 4 years for a comprehensive rebuild that results in a playoff team...then, from our current squad, who do you think we should rebuild around/retain?
    QB is the most important position on the field, if you ain't got one that's serviceable you won't go far. Denver has at the very least 4 solid passing targets. 2 backs, an improving OL, and a solid defense. So the team is already on the good side of the build, just gotta trust the process. Which in the end depends on the QB. Until Denver finds the QB that sets them as a playoff team, the rebuild will keep going and restarting until something at QB and coaching sticks.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

QB is the most important position on the field, if you ain't got one that's serviceable you won't go far. Denver has at the very least 4 solid passing targets. 2 backs, an improving OL, and a solid defense. So the team is already on the good side of the build, just gotta trust the process. Which in the end depends on the QB. Until Denver finds the QB that sets them as a playoff team, the rebuild will keep going and restarting until something at QB and coaching sticks.
      I agree IB. I luv a good QB. Just sets you up for everything else you need to do. Someone who is reliable, effective, and can wins games from behind.

The thing that is worrisome to me is, even though we have a pretty good D, if we keep spending capital on O, and yes, too often on QB, we start losing our edge on D. In my opinion, our D needs some upgrades, in FA and the draft. A key piece here, another there. Short and long run.

At some point you have to find your QB and move on. It's far too costly and can wear you down in spirit, if you do not find that field leader. Whereas waking up each day knowing you have a John Elway, makes life so much sweeter.

Comment

Working...
      X