Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von Miller is he gone or does he stay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Von Miller is he gone or does he stay

    I think there's a good chance Von isn't a bronco this year. There will have to be a payment decrease at least. If we could get him in the 10-15 mil range instead of the 15-20 million range. It would really help this team. I feel I would try to offer him something like 10 mil a year for 3 year guaranteed and the contract could be up to 14-15 a year with incentive markers. Other wise if we can get his deal restructed we move on from him before we guaranteed that 16 mil, and he hits fa. Right now I would be fine with resign attachou and having him and Reed compete for the starting gig next to chubb. It would be alot cheaper.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  • #2
    Jeez, your guess is as good as mine. This GM shift during this time for the team still has me scratching my head. I'm really not sure what their goal is, although I suspect it's a tactical approach. Is it win at all costs in 2021? If so, I think they'll find a way to keep Von, even with the risks associated with him (age, health). If that happens, I expect them to put the resources into the defense and hope that the offense with Lock is "good enough"....maybe with the addition of a vet QB, albeit not big money (like Stafford would need). If their strategy is something else, I really have to idea.
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 01-06-2021, 11:54 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not against trading Von to move up in the draft or for a late 1st round pick. He's a free agent next season, he gets injured more than you want for someone with his contract.
      Build for the future, Reed and Chubb can hold the fort.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

      Comment


      • #4
        Wasn’t too impressed with Attaochu/Reed. They’re ok as depth but consistency seemed to be an issue with them. I know Reed had a good season statistically but I still don’t think he’s an every down player.

        Von is still better than those 2 so I’d rather keep him. If you trade him it’ll be for a draft pick that likely gets used to replace him and even then he may not be as good as Von is now and he may never be. I’d absolutely resign and restructure his deal so he makes less next season. I do think Von would be amenable to that because he’s tired of losing and free agency can help turn that tide and he understands that.

        Comment


        • #5
          If the new GM is going to go full rebuild, I think Von may be gone.

          Comment


          • #6
            Prefer they find a way to extend him for a couple years at a lesser salary. Not sure what that realistic number is to make both sides happy.

            Miller may not be the elite player he was a couple years ago but still an impact player. Would love to see him back next year.

            Hopefully the GM search goes quickly. A lot of tough decisions in free agency that deeply effect the draft. Same as any QB change will effect the free agency and draft. Having a plan takes time. Those months before FA and draft will go faster then we think.

            Deciding what to do with Miller will be a big indicator of what the “new plan” is going to be.

            Comment


            • #7
              if we get Parsons that would be another option to replace some of Vons production he could play ILB in the base and more EDGE in the nickle. could be very deadly on a team like this.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                If the new GM is going to go full rebuild, I think Von may be gone.
                Broncos go “full rebuild” a lot of vets should be moved or let walk. Not just Miller.

                Maybe I’m delusional but I’m not in favor of a full rebuild. That being said, who knows what changes a new GM chooses to make. And what those changes do to the domino effects to assets or player retention for the next season or two.

                Going to be interesting to see what happens with a new GM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  if you cut Von before season you have like 2 m in dead money and 16 off the cap. he is to expensive for that price with Chubb coming up
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Von needs to go. His focus will be pathetic this year dealing with his girl getting knocked up and his crude texts posted all over social media. Vons taken more then hes been given since getting paid.

                    Dont think any team will take his contract after injury. You gotta cut him before the season.

                    Last edited by rst08tierney; 01-06-2021, 02:49 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                      Broncos go “full rebuild” a lot of vets should be moved or let walk. Not just Miller.

                      Maybe I’m delusional but I’m not in favor of a full rebuild. That being said, who knows what changes a new GM chooses to make. And what those changes do to the domino effects to assets or player retention for the next season or two.

                      Going to be interesting to see what happens with a new GM.
                      It will be very interesting indeed. The past people in those position had some connection to Pat and he never wanted to rebuild. So, if someone with no connection to the past comes in, will they be given the reins to do that? Will it be part of the interview process? Would they hire someone who is in favor of a rebuild?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        if you cut Von before season you have like 2 m in dead money and 16 off the cap. he is to expensive for that price with Chubb coming up
                        No matter if we cut him or trade him the dead cap is 4.225 mil due to the contract restructuring we did years ago.

                        https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...n-miller-7717/

                        Trading/Cutting him would save us 18 mil in cap space which was Von's original cap number this year before we asked him to restructure so we could sign people.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Von aint taking no pay cut he about to have to shell out some child support money to that girl he was dating. So I doubt he about to take a pay cut. I love von as much as the next fan but I'd be happy if we could move him and or get compensation. He isn't getting any younger. I guess we have to ask if von was here how much of a difference would we have made on D?

                          We went all year without him but I think the defense played well I would like it if Von still commanded double teams to leave Chubb with some one on ones. Come to think of it those two haven't really been healthy together one hurt the other plays and vice versa.
                          :go:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                            Von aint taking no pay cut he about to have to shell out some child support money to that girl he was dating. So I doubt he about to take a pay cut. I love von as much as the next fan but I'd be happy if we could move him and or get compensation. He isn't getting any younger. I guess we have to ask if von was here how much of a difference would we have made on D?

                            We went all year without him but I think the defense played well I would like it if Von still commanded double teams to leave Chubb with some one on ones. Come to think of it those two haven't really been healthy together one hurt the other plays and vice versa.
                            if he hits FA he will have to regardless. i doubt another team pays the money the broncos have thios year for von. its just to much for his injury history age and production
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              Von needs to go. His focus will be pathetic this year dealing with his girl getting knocked up and his crude texts posted all over social media. Vons taken more then hes been given since getting paid.

                              Dont think any team will take his contract after injury. You gotta cut him before the season.
                              Well, alleged texts. He claims it's a bunch of bull. Situations like this anyone can be the problem....or both. For now, I'm leaving that incident out of the discussion on whether to keep him or not. What is definitely appropriate is consideration of how much he costs the team to keep or to remove. Personally, I think they should try a restructure that gives him a chance to be fully paid, but based on performance. Otherwise, he takes a cut. Maybe something like 12 sacks and 55 tackles. That's on the upper end of his performance, and that's what they were paying him for.

                              Also, if they go "win now", their smarter strategy might be to spend on the defense and hope the offense is in good enough shape that another off season gives Lock time to further develop beyond what we saw the last few games. It hasn't been horrible, and it might be enough to get somewhere decent with a very good defense?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X