Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von Miller is he gone or does he stay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I hope Von stays. I would love to see Chubb and Miller healthy and on the field at the same time. I think his absence contributed to the lack of turnovers this past season. He makes everyone on the defense better when he’s playing due to the other teams having to game plan specifically for him every week and changing their blocking schemes.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by qbronco View Post
      I hope Von stays. I would love to see Chubb and Miller healthy and on the field at the same time. I think his absence contributed to the lack of turnovers this past season. He makes everyone on the defense better when he’s playing due to the other teams having to game plan specifically for him every week and changing their blocking schemes.
      they do that for chubb already.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

        they do that for chubb already.
        Okay, now imagine if both players are on the field at the same time.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by qbronco View Post

          Okay, now imagine if both players are on the field at the same time.
          and it may not happen. thats why i think trying to get miller more guaranteed money for more years may work even if it is a paycut totally. guaranteed money is key in the nfl. he also has more job security here. so in a way both those are positive and up to 15m wouldn't be a bad deal but like 10 m a year for sure over 3 years. thats a really good deal for him
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

            and it may not happen. thats why i think trying to get miller more guaranteed money for more years may work even if it is a paycut totally. guaranteed money is key in the nfl. he also has more job security here. so in a way both those are positive and up to 15m wouldn't be a bad deal but like 10 m a year for sure over 3 years. thats a really good deal for him
            I cannot argue with that. As long as he is agreeable and stays I will be happy. Von Miller getting hurt right before the season started was very disappointing. I had visions of Chubb and Miller getting 30-40 combined sacks.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              To me, why do we even need to restructure or trade/cut Von?

              The only reason I could possibly see is obtaining draft capital while we still can. I just doubt we’d get anything better than a 3rd round pick at his age and coming off a major injury.

              If we pick up his option, he’s still only under contract for 2021. Then in 2022, he’s a UFA. His cap hit will be $22.1M, which isn’t debilitating. Even though I mentioned the prior points, Von is still incredibly valuable to this team— both on and off the field.

              We can create more cap space easily by getting rid of less impactful players like Bouye and Casey. If we cut/trade them, we’d be able to create about $24-25M in cap space. Even more so if we move on from Kareem Jackson ($10M saved).

              So why jump through the hoops of restructuring and asking our former SB MVP and future Hall of Famer to take less money? It’s a little disrespectful. Especially since he only has ONE year left on his current deal?
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

              Comment


              • #22
                Keep Von, honour his contract and let him reek havoc next year. He's still relatively young and if he keeps the weight down his speed should still be good.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Von should retire a Bronco.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                    Keep Von, honour his contract and let him reek havoc next year. He's still relatively young and if he keeps the weight down his speed should still be good.
                    32 is not relatively young for any position in the nfl
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

                      32 is not relatively young for any position in the nfl
                      He's 31, and still has a lot of tread on his tyres and at least 3 years of high quality play in him.

                      DeMarcus Ware was 32 (as Miller will be at start of the '21 season) when he started playing for the Broncos and I expect Miller to play at the same level or better.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

                        He's 31, and still has a lot of tread on his tyres and at least 3 years of high quality play in him.

                        DeMarcus Ware was 32 (as Miller will be at start of the '21 season) when he started playing for the Broncos and I expect Miller to play at the same level or better.
                        Ware alot less money then Miller did here.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Why do we have to get rid of Miller? I keep hearing this. We cut Bouye, Casey (if we can't do anything with his contract, I dunno, I'd like to keep him), and let Simmons walk. We cut guys like Driskell, Vannett, and honestly I would cut Hamilton and tender Patrick w/a 2nd to trade him for a 4th. We would have enough money to re-sign AJ, keep Harris, and keep Von, IMO. There are actually some safeties I really like in this draft to replace Simmons. Moehrig is like a better version of Simmons. I love Nasirildeen, who is an old school guy who can cover in zone. Seriously, you watch him, and think he's a linebacker in the NFL. Watch his ball skills, and how smooth and agile he is. I really think he's a safety. You move Jackson to Free and Nasirildeen becomes the SS. You got Holland, too. I'd have to defer to someone like Beast on what he thinks about how well Nasirildeen would work in Fangio's defense, but Moehrig and Holland should be plug and play.

                          Tender AJ, he commands what, 10M ish? Tender him high enough, and he's not going anywhere. Harris, I really think we can bring back with enough incentives for 8M annual. Somewhere in there, I think. Maybe that's too optimistic, but I really think we could get that done on a multi-year. I'd have to get with a real deal cap guy to know for sure how it would play out, but that should be enough to not have to think about getting rid of Von. I don't think it's a good idea, getting rid of Von I mean.
                          Last edited by Spice 1; 01-09-2021, 11:51 AM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X