Garett Bolles - 2nd Team All-Pro!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garett Bolles - 2nd Team All-Pro!!!!

2020 All-Pro Team: Aaron Donald, Travis Kelce highlight roster (nfl.com)

Congratz Garett....you are now officially a member of the All-Pro team! Time to praise you. You have proven yourself, amid loads of criticism.

Yikes folks. We've had a tough go of late, and for a number of years. And Bolles was a constant target of criticism. But for him to turn things around and yes, make the big boys club of All-Pro, tells me a lot about him. He should receive all the accolades he deserves. And my understanding is that he only gave up 1/2 of a sack?!?! Incredible!!

With all the issues we discuss I am a little surprised that there are not positive responses (except for the one I accidentally deleted....sorry) regarding Bolles' special accomplishment, and his amazing turnaround! With all the criticism.

Congratz again Garett. You should be extremely proud!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-08-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

what he said in his interview was pretty cool when they asked him about all the criticism hes recieved. his response was "i deserved it". Glad to see him persevere and work through it. He loves denver and i am glad hes here. his development means we have one less hole to fill
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Good for him, he took a lot of flack previous couple years and much of it probably deserved, but seems like he finally got things figured out.

Obviously he worked hard to improve his game and it has payed off, imagine what kind of team you could have if everyone worked as hard to get better and be the best they can be.

Congratulations! You earned it
        sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah he took a lot of flak the guy came into the league thinking he was working for the WWE. Once he learnEd to stop with the Proffesional wrestling bologna, he turned out to be pretty decent left tackle.

Damn I was starting to think we drafted Mickey Rourke.
          sigpic

Comment

Wait a second,,,, Everybody thinks Elway made a good draft pick??????

Comment

Wow what a turn around. I did see that holding calls were way down league wide, but regardless as a team we were 3rd best in the league(10).

​​​​​​Another interesting fact was that we were held more than any other team.....24 times in total! Great work by the Dline!

​​​​​

Comment

Congrats and respect to the young man. Worked hard and didn’t let the boos and negative talk tear him down.

An only imagine how good it must have felt for him and his family to hear he made All Pro. The nice extension likely didn’t hurt either.

Comment

Without overdoing this.....I am still shocked how much improvement this guy made in such a short time. If you read about him here not that long ago, he was not good enough to be a starter. Now he's an All-Pro!! Amazing improvement! I am so proud of this man. Must not have been fun listening to and reading all the negative feedback. But he did what we tell our kids to do....make something good from it.

He's the Broncos star of this season in my mind.

Comment

The axiom that football players can get better, worse or stay the same even applies to those whom fans have completely written off and want to be cut. A year ago did anyone predict Garrett Bolles would be a Pro Bowl Tackle? There may have been one poster, but not sure. Can't remember if that individual got flamed for it, or not.

Garrett got better as a result of working hard and allowing himself to be coached. He didn't give up on himself in spite of the truly brutal abuse to which he was subjected by some fans.

Way to go, Garrett! Nice work.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                      what he said in his interview was pretty cool when they asked him about all the criticism hes recieved. his response was "i deserved it". Glad to see him persevere and work through it. He loves denver and i am glad hes here. his development means we have one less hole to fill
                      There were comments that made people question his ability to hold himself accountable.

Bottom line is he does not make the leaps he does without self accountability. Press interviews do not tell us everything.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        2020 All-Pro Team: Aaron Donald, Travis Kelce highlight roster (nfl.com)

Congratz Garett....you are now officially a member of the All-Pro team! Time to praise you. You have proven yourself, amid loads of criticism.

Glad for Bolles and the coaches. Sometimes putting in all the work pays off and here it did!
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          The axiom that football players can get better, worse or stay the same even applies to those whom fans have completely written off and want to be cut. A year ago did anyone predict Garrett Bolles would be a Pro Bowl Tackle? There may have been one poster, but not sure. Can't remember if that individual got flamed for it, or not.

Garrett got better as a result of working hard and allowing himself to be coached. He didn't give up on himself in spite of the truly brutal abuse to which he was subjected by some fans.

Way to go, Garrett! Nice work.
                          I agree with you Sam. To be fair even Stink said if he was playing with Bolles he would have said get him off the field and put someone else out there. Stink's honest comments about Bolles problems and what was fixed when Bolles started playing better were very revealing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I agree with you Sam. To be fair even Stink said if he was playing with Bolles he would have said get him off the field and put someone else out there. Stink's honest comments about Bolles problems and what was fixed when Bolles started playing better were very revealing to me.
                            i missed what stink said. can you fill me in please?
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

i missed what stink said. can you fill me in please?
                              I did not hear but I would imagine "Stink" would say something "foul" or "offensive" or even "rotten"!!

Comment

Working...
                              X