Von and Domestic Violence Allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    If text messages were all someone had to judge me I am pretty sure there are a few texts that people would see and want to throw me under the bus.

Starting to get use to anyone can say anything in 2021 and the news will run with just about anything. Going to wait for due process myself.
    I haven’t seen the texts and don’t know what is said to be in them.

If they include threats of violence or imply such threats, then they are a problem.

If they are just simply inappropriate, then I’m sure they won’t lead to criminal charges, if the texts are the only evidence being investigated.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

At best this turns out to be a a fake or a conversation taken completely out of context. At worst this lends it self to being something more serious. Either way it is not a great look.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Who are we to judge, regardless of the situation.

He was one of the best at his position, there are two sides to every story.
        This is an overly simplistic view and wrong headed when it comes to domestic violence.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

This is an overly simplistic view and wrong headed when it comes to domestic violence.
          Actually there are three sides to every story two people trying to tell

one person side
          other person side
          the truth

It is why I wait for due process. Not going to assume anything about this case but I am sure we have all seen how other cases can go. From one way all the way to the other side and everything in-between.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Actually there are three sides to every story two people trying to tell

one person side
            other person side
            the truth

It is why I wait for due process. Not going to assume anything about this case but I am sure we have all seen how other cases can go. From one way all the way to the other side and everything in-between.
            “Truth” is what the media and judgemental fans make it out to be though.

We have seen careers altered or ended by a comment and others back in the league in better situations making more money even when caught on tape.

Talent breeds acceptance and turning a blind eye to a players “worst moments”.

Have no clue what Miller is even accused of let alone how true it is. But I do feel strongly that if he makes it through the legal system the next step will be fans and the Broncos using the situation as leverage in re-working his contract. The more team friendly, the more willing to forgive the Broncos or next team’s fanbase will be.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

“Truth” is what the media and judgemental fans make it out to be though.

We have seen careers altered or ended by a comment and others back in the league in better situations making more money even when caught on tape.

Talent breeds acceptance and turning a blind eye to a players “worst moments”.

Have no clue what Miller is even accused of let alone how true it is. But I do feel strongly that if he makes it through the legal system the next step will be fans and the Broncos using the situation as leverage in re-working his contract. The more team friendly, the more willing to forgive the Broncos or next team’s fanbase will be.
              I would actually call the media part "media driven perception" not "Truth"

Truth is Truth. Yea sometimes people try to call their opinion / perception Truth but that does not change the fact it is still their perception / opinion.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Any updates on this???

Comment

Truth is Truth. Yea sometimes people try to call their opinion / perception Truth but that does not change the fact it is still their perception / opinion.
                  Exactly. Truth is fact....nothing more, nothing less. If it's not true....that's a lie. (True: In accordance with fact or reality, accurate or exact.)

And....Does anyone "truly" know who made this accusation against Von and is there any solid / concrete evidence?
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

They were reporting on it today on the radio. Sounds like no details have been released, other than there is an investigation of alleged DV/verbal abuse. The police department has turned over the details of their investigation to the DA (I believe) and are basically saying if the DA wants to pursue it, that's up to the DA. What's odd is that supposedly normally the police department will not make its investigation of allegations public, but in this case they chose to. I imagine the Broncos are hoping some resolution or details are provided by March 13th, I believe. since they've been given no details or insight what's going on.

Comment

Very cynical what some are saying and writing. Celebrities always grab headline good or bad. I still believe someone is innocent until proven guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        Any updates on this???
                        https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...ozpXSohGMcjlWY
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Seen a lot of people speculate on what they think was said due to some sort of personal source. I think it is only fair to post this here...a statement from Megan

A few hours after Parker police confirmed the investigation to the media in January, Denise wrote on her Instagram story that "at no point in our relationship was there any type of physical abuse or violence by Von." Her post read in full:

"In light of recent media reports regarding my relationship with Von, I feel that I need to address a couple of things. First and foremost, at no point in our relationship was there any type of physical abuse or violence by Von, whatsoever. For anyone to say otherwise, or to speculate such, is wrong. With regards to my social media posts, a part was misconstrued and taken out of context. I do regret making a private situation public, and in doing so, bringing unwanted attention to both Von and myself. Von and I are excited to be welcoming our baby into the world, and are committed to raising our child with love and compassion, together as a family. Sincerely Megan Denise."

Comment

It's something else how hard the Parker PD is digging into this, even when Megan released statements saying there was no issues and things were taken out of context. Even funnier is how Robert Kraft essentially walked away from solicitation of prostitution. Did the NFL even do anything to him?

Comment

I’d be shocked if charges were filed. Victim cooperation is a big thing in these cases and from her posts since the news broke it doesn’t seem like she wants to cooperate. That being said domestic violence isn’t just physical violence, verbal abuse can still be enough to press charges. Generally it’s a lot harder to prove, but there were conversations that got posted on the internet so now it’d just be proving that Von sent those messages or prior knowledge of those messages before they were sent. Won’t make it any easier to prove though.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                                It's something else how hard the Parker PD is digging into this, even when Megan released statements saying there was no issues and things were taken out of context. Even funnier is how Robert Kraft essentially walked away from solicitation of prostitution. Did the NFL even do anything to him?
                                Yep, Lots and lots of $$$ equals lots and lots of power which means it's easier to sugar coat ugly bull dung and sweep it under a large, thick carpet....then spray copious amounts of "Febreze" on it.
                                Last edited by jazzbodog; 02-25-2021, 07:01 AM.
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X