Von and Domestic Violence Allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Yep, Lots and lots of $$$ equals lots and lots of power which means it's easier to sugar coat ugly bull dung and sweep it under a large, thick carpet....then spray
    copious amounts of "Febreze" on it.
    Yup. Someone here said Von's being targeted because of his fame and fortune. Keep increasing that fortune, and you can afford being invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Yup. Someone here said Von's being targeted because of his fame and fortune. Keep increasing that fortune, and you can afford being invisible.
      Not surprising. I hope it turns out well for him.
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Yep, Lots and lots of $$$ equals lots and lots of power which means it's easier to sugar coat ugly bull dung and sweep it under a large, thick carpet....then spray
        copious amounts of "Febreze" on it.
        Could not have said anything better. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Does anyone know what’s going on with Von and these DV allegations? There’s a lot of conflicting information and stories.

We need to get more information in order to determine what happened in order to make any judgement because everything I’ve read, is clear as mud.
          Yikes. We "NEED" more information? It's the man's private life. Only people who need to make a "judgement" are the ones in the front office.
          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            One rule of thumb.....I await all the details before making any concrete opinion. You never like to hear abuse allegations because they might be true, or sadly, they stick with folks long after, even if untrue. Lets wait.
            Rule of thumb......in case you didn't know, that expression stems from a husband being able to beat his wife as long as the stick used was no bigger than his thumb. Kind of ironic, considering the charges might include domestic violence.
            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post

Rule of thumb......in case you didn't know, that expression stems from a husband being able to beat his wife as long as the stick used was no bigger than his thumb. Kind of ironic, considering the charges might include domestic violence.
              What a coincidence. Interesting lesson on a saying some of use often, and likely few know the roots of it.

Comment

So where are we with this? Is the story now that Von Miller said very mean things to his significant other?
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post

actually theres no formal law that states that.

however:

Oxford English Dictionary definition: "A method or procedure derived entirely from practice or experience, without any basis in scientific knowledge; a roughly practical method." The OED dates the phrase's first reference to 1692.

In the Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins, "rule of thumb" is additionally defined as a method by which brewers once tested the temperature of a batch of beer: They dipped a thumb in the brew.

but it did sound good when they said that in the boondock saints
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I think JJ Watt just got Von Miller the money he wants, whether it's from the Broncos or elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

actually theres no formal law that states that.

however:

Oxford English Dictionary definition: "A method or procedure derived entirely from practice or experience, without any basis in scientific knowledge; a roughly practical method." The OED dates the phrase's first reference to 1692.

In the Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins, "rule of thumb" is additionally defined as a method by which brewers once tested the temperature of a batch of beer: They dipped a thumb in the brew.

but it did sound good when they said that in the boondock saints
                      No formal law, but there have been some cases over time where judges have ruled it acceptable if the switch/stick was no bigger than the width of the man’s thumb.

Comment

I would say, not each Thumb is created equally.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

No formal law, but there have been some cases over time where judges have ruled it acceptable if the switch/stick was no bigger than the width of the man’s thumb.
                          that may be but thats not where the phrase came from

...i should say that theres no evidence that thats where the phrase came from
                          Last edited by armedequation; 03-02-2021, 04:09 PM.
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

The phrase “rule of thumb” has been around since the 1600’s.

Judge Francis Buller was wrongly depicted as having ruled it legal for a husband to chastise his wife with a stick as long as it wasn’t wider than his thumb in 1782.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-lb-von-miller

The News in DBC keeps getting better !! Oh Yeaa Sign Von Miller NOW !!

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                                https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-lb-von-miller

The News in DBC keeps getting better !! Oh Yeaa Sign Von Miller NOW !!
                                it is why it is always better to allow things to play out before jumping to conclusions.

Innocent until proven otherwise in the USA
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X