Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The good news is, if we are bad again next year, Bieniemy will still be available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good news is, if we are bad again next year, Bieniemy will still be available.

I don't understand why he's still available, but if we make the move away from Fangio, please please please tell me we take a shot at him.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I'm pretty sure he's going to get a job after the playoffs.

Comment

He’s available because being the coordinator for the Chiefs now is probably a bigger detriment than it is a benefit. Not only are teams having to wait on him while they interview other candidates, it’s also incredibly hard not to have a great offense with that kind of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
        I'm pretty sure he's going to get a job after the playoffs.
        I think Houston is the only job left. I doubt he wants to take that gig if the cupboard is bare.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          He’s available because being the coordinator for the Chiefs now is probably a bigger detriment than it is a benefit. Not only are teams having to wait on him while they interview other candidates, it’s also incredibly hard not to have a great offense with that kind of talent.
          Agreed. Also will add that Andy Reid is a proven offensive mastermind and the main driver of all that offensive talent. Bieniemy certainly deserves a shot but there's reasons why teams aren't quick to hire him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
            I don't understand why he's still available, but if we make the move away from Fangio, please please please tell me we take a shot at him.
            Besides people who know nothing about football will say
            "its not him its any reid calling plays" which is false.
            I would love Eric but he wouldn't want lock ass.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I don’t know why people are so high on Bieniemy.

I don’t mind the idea of hiring him, if he truly is the best person for the job.

I don’t want it to be because anyone thinks he’s going to be an offensive genius.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Head coaches are not supposed to be calling the offense......and/or the defense......They need to manage the game, and manage the coordinators. That's their job. I actually believe that is why Fangio has had troubles with time outs and clock management. I believe he stated that he will look at giving up the defensive play calling next year. Finally...

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                  Head coaches are not supposed to be calling the offense......and/or the defense......They need to manage the game, and manage the coordinators. That's their job. I actually believe that is why Fangio has had troubles with time outs and clock management. I believe he stated that he will look at giving up the defensive play calling next year. Finally...
                  Vic is a great defensive guy and I believe if he were 100 percent calling the defense without other duties such as managing the clock or deciding when to call a timeout or go for two, the defense would be so much better.

I would say that we need an analytics guy but we already had one and Vic fired him. Right now Vic needs to trust Donatell with all play calling duties because unless he suddenly becomes Mike Shanahan, there’s no way he could handle all the stress that comes with 100 percent control of all duties on the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                    You say that, but guys get jobs based on the success of their unit, not on whether or not they’ve demonstrated an aptitude for being a head coach.

Some guys clearly can do both jobs.

I have no reason to believe Andy Reid isn’t the de facto OC for KC. We know for certain he’s the play caller.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Besides people who know nothing about football will say
                      "its not him its any reid calling plays" which is false.
                      I would love Eric but he wouldn't want lock ass.
                      Andy Reid is the main play caller in that offense. It was a news story last week because Bieniemy was actually seen calling plays. It was a news story because it's not how things are typically done in KC. Don't get it twisted, Bieniemy would be hired in hopes that some of Reid's genius rubbed off on him. I know nothing about football though so take that with a grain of salt.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post

Andy Reid is the main play caller in that offense. It was a news story last week because Bieniemy was actually seen calling plays. It was a news story because it's not how things are typically done in KC. Don't get it twisted, Bieniemy would be hired in hopes that some of Reid's genius rubbed off on him. I know nothing about football though so take that with a grain of salt.
                        I remember Kermit talking about the snow game against Denver.

He mentioned talking to Reid(not Bieniemy) about an upcoming play call. Reid called for a man beater even though the Broncos had been playing zone the whole time. Sure enough, the Broncos were in man. Kermit was impressed by the way Reid was able diagnose what the defense was going to do.

So, yes sir, you are correct that Bieniemy is not the usual play caller in KC.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post

I'm not going on last week....I watch k.c. all the time.....its reids offense yes....Eric calls the plays....they both have the same play sheet.....now it may be certain situations where Andy will call some plays "3 and 15, 4 and 7" type things. But Eric is not sitting on the sidelines walking back and forward with the play sheets just watching the game.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I'm not going on last week....I watch k.c. all the time.....its reids offense yes....Eric calls the plays....they both have the same play sheet.....now it may be certain situations where Andy will call some plays "3 and 15, 4 and 7" type things. But Eric is not sitting on the sidelines walking back and forward with the play sheets just watching the game.

good point

Comment

No worries, Fangio is still our coach.... we'll be bad next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X