DJs real number.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJs real number.

On the roster on the site it says 52 and on the store home page it says 55 hmm...anyone know which one it is.
    sigpic

Prolly 55, but I better not end up buying a #55 Jersey when his real number is 52!!!
    sigpic

Comment

some unknown chode has 55 on the roster, a LB, have no freaking clue who he is or when we got him. I'd say Williams getting 55, if that's what he wants, is pretty safe.

Comment

I believe he'll wear 52. It changed after Gold signed w/ Tampa. The 55 jersey on the Store site says it's a pre-sale, just in case these number switches happen.

Comment

Let's just say it this way, aside from 56 and 93 (LB's can wear #'s in the 90's for those who didn't know and were going to yell), DJ can pretty much take what he wants.

Comment

At his indtroductary press conference he held up a no. 55 jersey. So I'd say thats it.

On a side note whats the story with the numbers? Why can a player wear any no. he wants in college but then in the pros the LB's can only wear 50's and 90's and the DB's can only wear 20-49 etc...?

Excuse my ignorence but I really haven't a clue and am curious
            Terrell Davis (to Mike Shannahan) at SBXXXII, "Coach I cant see," to which Mike replied, "We dont need you to see on this one, it's a bootleg for John but they wont believe it unless you're in there."

Comment

Originally posted by IrishBroncofan
              At his indtroductary press conference he held up a no. 55 jersey. So I'd say thats it.

On a side note whats the story with the numbers? Why can a player wear any no. he wants in college but then in the pros the LB's can only wear 50's and 90's and the DB's can only wear 20-49 etc...?

For college football... ends (wide receivers included) are numbered from 80 to 99. Other linemen are numbered from 50 to 79. The other 4 players are numbered from 1 to 49.

As far as I know there's no rules in college football regarding the jersey numbers for defensive players. I could be wrong, but that's what I've always thought and I can't find anything to state otherwise.

Here's a link to the 2003 NCAA Football Rules & Interpretations.
              Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 05-05-2004, 08:21 AM.
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishBroncofan

Here is some more information on numbers and what the NFL requires:

Player Numbers by Position
                (NFL Rule 5, Section 1, Article 4)

All players must wear numerals on their jerseys in accordance with Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c (see NOTE 1), and such numerals must be by playing position as follows: quarterbacks, punters, and placekickers, 1-19 (and 10-19 for wide receivers if 80-89 are all otherwise assigned); running backs and defensive backs, 20-49; centers, 50-59 (60-79 if 50-59 unavailable); offensive guards and tackles, 60-79; wide receivers and tight ends, 80-89; defensive lineman, 60-79 (90-99 if 60-79 unavailable); and linebackers 50-59 (90-99 if 50-59 unavailable).

If a player changes his position during his playing career in the NFL and such change moves him out of a category specified above, he must be issued an appropriate new jersey number.

Any request to wear a number for a special position not specified above (e.g., H-back) must be made to the Commissioner.

During the preseason period when rosters are larger, the League will allow duplication and other temporary deviations from the numbering scheme specified above, but the rule must be adhered to for all players during the regular season and postseason. Clubs must make numbers available to adhere to the rule, even if it requires putting back into circulation a number that has been retired or withheld for other reasons. See 7-2-3 for reporting change of position. (Note 2)

NOTES:

5, 3, 3c has to do with the size and placement of the numerals
                7, 2, 3 rules regarding notifying the referee of eligibility if wearing and ineligible number for a position. Basically, any player wearing an eligible number at a pass receiving position (running backs, tight ends, and wide receivers) can play any eligible pass receiving position without reporting to the referee. That is, running backs can line up as wide receivers or tight ends, and players wearing wide receiver and/or tight end numbers can line up in the backfield without having to report to the referee.

In summary:

Position(s) Primary Alternate
                QB, P, K 1-19
                RB, DB 20-49
                C 50-59 60-79
                G, T 60-79
                WR 80-89 10-19
                TE 80-89
                DL (NT/DT/DE) 60-79 90-99
                LB 50-59 90-99
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment