Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next year will be...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next year will be...

    Bradley Chubb break out season. Bradley Chubb is an elite prospect. he is 6'4 275 and moves like 250 pounder. he has great size speed and agility. he is a special player and his technique has kept getting bet. even though he was doing things in his rookie year that a lot of players take 2 or 3 years to master. I think he would have had a bigger year this Last one if it was not for the ACL. but now he is over a year removed from it and will 100% coming into training camp and ect. He may have not had the sack numbers, but he was in the back field a lot. consistently getting after the QB. he was one of the better Edges with QB pressure, and was consistently drawing double teams weather it was from a chip or an actual double team. dude is gonna be a monster in this league and I would not be surprised to see him hit 15+ sacks by the end of next season. I would also not be surprised to see him compete with Miller for the Broncos all time sack record when it is said and done. I think he is a special edge rusher with special traits and the hate he gets on here is insane. but I really feel like we will see him competing for the defensive player of the year playing a Kahlil Mack/ ALdon Smith role in the Fangio D.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  • #2
    I think it is realistic to think with a stable coaching staff and hopefully something more close to a normal offseason than we had last year the 2021 Broncos and their young players will have a lot of improvement in 2021.

    Hopefully that translates into team wins and the playoffs.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

    Comment


    • #3
      The performance of the rushers will be dependent on a lot of things, including the performance of the secondary. With the holes the team now has in that secondary and lack of a pass cover LB, it'll be tough for break out performances by guys like Chubb. The SB50 pass rushers benefitted from a strong performance by the secondary. If the Broncos have to lean heavily on the draft to fill those positions, it might be a couple years before we see big numbers out of the pass rush. Also, who plays on that line with him will matter a lot. No word on Miller, and talk is they might lose some guys who've contributed to pass pressure. Certainly Chubb can't do it himself....I don't think he's that good.
      Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-05-2021, 07:10 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        Bradley Chubb break out season. Bradley Chubb is an elite prospect. he is 6'4 275 and moves like 250 pounder. he has great size speed and agility. he is a special player and his technique has kept getting bet. even though he was doing things in his rookie year that a lot of players take 2 or 3 years to master. I think he would have had a bigger year this Last one if it was not for the ACL. but now he is over a year removed from it and will 100% coming into training camp and ect. He may have not had the sack numbers, but he was in the back field a lot. consistently getting after the QB. he was one of the better Edges with QB pressure, and was consistently drawing double teams weather it was from a chip or an actual double team. dude is gonna be a monster in this league and I would not be surprised to see him hit 15+ sacks by the end of next season. I would also not be surprised to see him compete with Miller for the Broncos all time sack record when it is said and done. I think he is a special edge rusher with special traits and the hate he gets on here is insane. but I really feel like we will see him competing for the defensive player of the year playing a Kahlil Mack/ ALdon Smith role in the Fangio D.
        Hope you’re right otherwise this will always hang over our heads as broncos fans

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

          Hope you’re right otherwise this will always hang over our heads as broncos fans
          I think more people will complain about not drafting Josh Allen or possibly even Lamar Jackson.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

          Comment


          • #6
            I think Bradley Chubb is already a pretty good player. I am not worried about him. What I am worried about is not having a good starting quarterback. I suspect the Broncos will be staying status quo and rolling with Lock next season. They will probably pick the perceived best CB with their 1st round pick. That’s great. The only problem is the defense will be holding opponents to 21-22 points a game, but the offense will only be scoring 20 points a game....again.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by qbronco View Post
              I think Bradley Chubb is already a pretty good player. I am not worried about him. What I am worried about is not having a good starting quarterback. I suspect the Broncos will be staying status quo and rolling with Lock next season. They will probably pick the perceived best CB with their 1st round pick. That’s great. The only problem is the defense will be holding opponents to 21-22 points a game, but the offense will only be scoring 20 points a game....again.
              if we keep Lock I see 1 of 2 things happen. we lose some key places on our D Casey, Harris possibly Simmons and Bouye. at least 2 but possibly all four are gone. which could really hurt our d. so I could see if we keep lock the Season going 2 ways. Lock doesn't step up we see a lot of play from here next season we are looking for a new Coaching staff and a new QB, and picking top 5, or he pops off and we could work our way into playoff contenders.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

                if we keep Lock I see 1 of 2 things happen. we lose some key places on our D Casey, Harris possibly Simmons and Bouye. at least 2 but possibly all four are gone. which could really hurt our d. so I could see if we keep lock the Season going 2 ways. Lock doesn't step up we see a lot of play from here next season we are looking for a new Coaching staff and a new QB, and picking top 5, or he pops off and we could work our way into playoff contenders.
                You certainly could be right.

                I am not optimistic about Lock being a quarterback that will take this team to the playoffs. I’m not sure the FO think so, either, based on the reports they were trying to trade for Stafford. Last year they were all in on Lock. I get the feeling things are different now.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by qbronco View Post

                  You certainly could be right.

                  I am not optimistic about Lock being a quarterback that will take this team to the playoffs. I’m not sure the FO think so, either, based on the reports they were trying to trade for Stafford. Last year they were all in on Lock. I get the feeling things are different now.
                  Well you can't say his performance earned him the starter JOB for sure. I mean we need to bring in at least some one that could push him for that spot.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

                    Hope you’re right otherwise this will always hang over our heads as broncos fans
                    Most teams in the NFL will look at a draft and see a player they wish they drafted instead of their guy. The draft is a bad place for hindsight regrets or I suppose a great place for hindsight regrets depending on one's goal. There is still no good way to measure the players mental side of things so the draft is still a big gamble. There are LOTS of physically gifted human beings who did not work out because they did not have what it took in the head to succeed in the NFL. That is one of the most common stories in the NFL....far more common than the ability to find the right guy and develop them into a great player.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Going to avoid talking about Lock and Jeudy. They both have their very own threads on the first page.

                      Players I think we can expect to see jumps in performance in 2021

                      Chubb
                      Hamler
                      Muti
                      Ojemudia
                      Okwuegbunam
                      Fant
                      Risner

                      Players I am not so sure of but I hope we see better of in 2021

                      Cushenberry
                      Agim
                      Strnad


                      15 of our players on the roster were rookies. 8 had 1 year of experience before 2020. 15 more had 2 years. 14 more had 3 years. That is 52 players out of 80 on the roster who had 3 years of experience of less.

                      There is a lot of growing up that was done on this team in the Covid restricted year of 2020.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Going to avoid talking about Lock and Jeudy. They both have their very own threads on the first page.

                        Players I think we can expect to see jumps in performance in 2021

                        Chubb
                        Hamler
                        Muti
                        Ojemudia
                        Okwuegbunam
                        Fant
                        Risner

                        .....
                        Hadez, don't you think with the jump in performance of Hamler, Fant, and Muti, that the team would also see an improvement in Lock? Or are you thinking Lock's not QB?

                        Even though I'm uncertain Lock will turn into the QB the Broncos need, I'd expect some improvement if he's the QB. Some may come from the growing experience of those around him, and I sure as heck hope he'd be improving his skills and cleaning up some of his problems.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Going to avoid talking about Lock and Jeudy. They both have their very own threads on the first page.

                          Players I think we can expect to see jumps in performance in 2021

                          Chubb
                          Hamler
                          Muti
                          Ojemudia
                          Okwuegbunam
                          Fant
                          Risner

                          Players I am not so sure of but I hope we see better of in 2021

                          Cushenberry
                          Agim
                          Strnad


                          15 of our players on the roster were rookies. 8 had 1 year of experience before 2020. 15 more had 2 years. 14 more had 3 years. That is 52 players out of 80 on the roster who had 3 years of experience of less.

                          There is a lot of growing up that was done on this team in the Covid restricted year of 2020.
                          Hers my opinion

                          Chubb.... yes and will be an all pro next season
                          Hamler... modest improvement, maybe one or two games where he matches up well and explodes
                          Muti.. rotational player.. or maybe can make a mid level pro at guard
                          Fant.will continue to get better but dont think his ceiling is as high as some think. He should have been Kyle Pitts before , Kyle pitts

                          Rosner... can get back to Rookie season form... but d0nt see a pro bowler ceiling

                          Agim... could be anything

                          Cushenberry... bust

                          Strnad. No idea, maybe too slow for pros.. hope not

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Muti is probably gonna still be a depth guard. but I don't think Cushenberry is a bust. he just needs time in the nfl to Build up Functional strength. I also really liked what I saw from Agim. he is big and explosive for a guy his size. I think once the old gaurd leave(Harris and Casey) he is probably one of the guys I could see popping.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              Muti is probably gonna still be a depth guard. but I don't think Cushenberry is a bust. he just needs time in the nfl to Build up Functional strength. I also really liked what I saw from Agim. he is big and explosive for a guy his size. I think once the old gaurd leave(Harris and Casey) he is probably one of the guys I could see popping.
                              I do see a scenario where Glasgow gets moved to center and Muti becomes one of our starting guards.

                              Agree on Agim. Saw some potential in him. More time to lean from good vets around him and be coached up have me excited to see him in 2021.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X