Next year will be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I do see a scenario where Glasgow gets moved to center and Muti becomes one of our starting guards.

Agree on Agim. Saw some potential in him. More time to lean from good vets around him and be coached up have me excited to see him in 2021.
    maybe I feel like they would have already tried that. I also expect Cush to look better this year. he has good solid skills he just needs more strength. but with a full time nfl work out plan and off season to build his functional strength I would not be surprised to see him as one of the most improved players on the line next year.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      Muti is probably gonna still be a depth guard. but I don't think Cushenberry is a bust. he just needs time in the nfl to Build up Functional strength. I also really liked what I saw from Agim. he is big and explosive for a guy his size. I think once the old gaurd leave(Harris and Casey) he is probably one of the guys I could see popping.
      I have to agree on Cushenberry. That position asks a lot from an o-lineman. People say how tough it is for the tackles, but I'd have to think Center has to be tougher. They are the anchor of the o-line, many of them pointing out the rush, then having to get the ball in the QB's hands AND pick up their blocks. That's a tough job. I saw Cush make some mistakes, but it wasn't technique so much as it seemed to be simply a lack of experience. Hopefully last year helped the line get the experience they need, and this year they'll improve. But then there's James....sheesh....Broncos gonna need an RT, probably before the year is done.

Comment

maybe I feel like they would have already tried that. I also expect Cush to look better this year. he has good solid skills he just needs more strength. but with a full time nfl work out plan and off season to build his functional strength I would not be surprised to see him as one of the most improved players on the line next year.
        What we do not know is how much of Cush's troubles do the coaches feel are correctable. This current coaching staffs seems to want to keep giving OL chances even when they struggle a lot.

Maybe if Cush does not make the needed steps to improve in the first couple games of 2021 a chance is made. Maybe they keep allowing him to struggle as much as Bolles did. Hopefully we see Cush come out and play like a real good starter.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Next year will unfortunately be a repeat of 2020. Possibly 1 or 2 added wins, but not the playoffs. This team is a few years away sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
            Next year will unfortunately be a repeat of 2020. Possibly 1 or 2 added wins, but not the playoffs. This team is a few years away sadly.
            At this point we have not done free agency, trades, the draft, minicamps or preseason....that opinion is about the 2020 team more than the 2021 team.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Bradley Chubb break out season. Bradley Chubb is an elite prospect. he is 6'4 275 and moves like 250 pounder. he has great size speed and agility. he is a special player and his technique has kept getting bet. even though he was doing things in his rookie year that a lot of players take 2 or 3 years to master. I think he would have had a bigger year this Last one if it was not for the ACL. but now he is over a year removed from it and will 100% coming into training camp and ect. He may have not had the sack numbers, but he was in the back field a lot. consistently getting after the QB. he was one of the better Edges with QB pressure, and was consistently drawing double teams weather it was from a chip or an actual double team. dude is gonna be a monster in this league and I would not be surprised to see him hit 15+ sacks by the end of next season. I would also not be surprised to see him compete with Miller for the Broncos all time sack record when it is said and done. I think he is a special edge rusher with special traits and the hate he gets on here is insane. but I really feel like we will see him competing for the defensive player of the year playing a Kahlil Mack/ ALdon Smith role in the Fangio D.
              He might have been an elite prospect 3 years ago. he isn't a prospect anymore, he is going into his 4th year now. How can you claim he is a special player after 2 mediocre seasons? hoping for 15+ sacks, NFL DPOY is total wishful thinking at this point. maybe he will improve but until then he is what he is...an average OLB.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

He might have been an elite prospect 3 years ago. he isn't a prospect anymore, he is going into his 4th year now. How can you claim he is a special player after 2 mediocre seasons? hoping for 15+ sacks, NFL DPOY is total wishful thinking at this point. maybe he will improve but until then he is what he is...an average OLB.
                He appears to be a solid #2 pass rusher.

He was hurt by the loss of Miller.

We don’t have to talk about him as though he’s a bust.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

He appears to be a solid #2 pass rusher.

He was hurt by the loss of Miller.

We don’t have to talk about him as though he’s a bust.
                  I said he was an average player who might improve. That isn't saying he is a bust. I would agree he seems to be a solid secondary pass rusher right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bradley Chubb had 15 QB hurries (11th in the NFL), 34 QB pressures (15th in the NFL), 7.5 sacks (29th in the NFL).

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...e_advanced.htm

Chubb had more pressures than Trey Hendrickson (3rd in the NFL in sacks) and Myles Garrett. Chubb also had as many sacks as Chase Young and Cameron Jordan despite playing less games. He won't be prime Von Miller, but he had a very solid season in what was essentially his second full year of starting. I know it's a controversial accolade, but this guy literally just made the Pro Bowl. He's better than average. Even though I just cited a bunch of stats, the box score doesn't tell the whole story. He's super valuable in the way Fangio uses him. He's solid against the run and Fangio even started moving him around and having him blitz the interior to generate pressure instead of solely coming off of the edge late in the year.

Comment

20 sacks and being one of the more consistent guys at pressuring the QB is not Mediocre. Chubb has been really good here. you really take 20 sacks over 2 year. he had 2 seasons of 57 pressure that's like 3 per game at least. he was the tenth edge guy in pass rush rate and 13th in pressure. that is not Mediocre. especially when you figure each team has 2 edge rushers starting. so that is what 32*2=64. so out of 64 staters he is 10th in pass rush win rate and 13th in pressures. that is easily the upper half in the league. calling him Mediocre is just a False narrative that people like you are making up to try to make Elway look worst then he, and trying pouting about not getting Josh Allen. to say Chubb is not one of the better pass rushers in the league currently is a bad and False Narrative. the FACTS don't back it up.

DENVER BRONCOS EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB

The fifth overall pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, Chubb got off to a blazing start playing opposite future Hall of Fame edge rusher Von Miller. The then-rookie recorded 12 sacks on 57 pressures. But he suffered a setback in 2019, tearing his ACL in Week 4 and missing the remainder of the season. His performance in 2020 after recovering, in addition to Miller suffering his own season-ending injury, was impressive.

Chubb returned to form and earned a career-best 79.4 pass-rushing grade, generating 57 pressures and an 18.4% pass-rush win rate, with the latter ranking 10th among edge rushers. He also put together a 14.2% pressure rate, which ranked 13th. Given he had extra attention this season with Miller off the field and showed good bend from the edge a year removed from a major knee injury, the arrow is definitely pointing up for Chubb after making his first Pro Bowl in 2020.

Contract Projection: Five years, $95 million ($19 million APY), $60 million total guaranteed.
                      https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-young-d...chubb-and-more
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

20 sacks and being one of the more consistent guys at pressuring the QB is not Mediocre. Chubb has been really good here. you really take 20 sacks over 2 year. he had 2 seasons of 57 pressure that's like 3 per game at least. he was the tenth edge guy in pass rush rate and 13th in pressure. that is not Mediocre. especially when you figure each team has 2 edge rushers starting. so that is what 32*2=64. so out of 64 staters he is 10th in pass rush win rate and 13th in pressures. that is easily the upper half in the league. calling him Mediocre is just a False narrative that people like you are making up to try to make Elway look worst then he, and trying pouting about not getting Josh Allen. to say Chubb is not one of the better pass rushers in the league currently is a bad and False Narrative. the FACTS don't back it up.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-young-d...chubb-and-more
                        he didn't have 20 sacks over 2 years....it was 3 years
                        sigpic

Comment

he didn't have 20 sacks over 2 years....it was 3 years
                          He missed a year because of injury. I think the references to two years takes that into account.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

He missed a year because of injury. I think the references to two years takes that into account.
                            missed years due to injury still count.

Here are some more stats for Chubb:

ranked 23rd for QB hits with 19,
                            0 passes defensed...10 was the highest by a LB by KJ Wright...TJ Watt had 7
                            1 Forced fumble...highest by a LB was 6 by haason reddick
                            9 tackles for loss (tied for 44th) 24 was the highest by TJ watt
                            Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-12-2021, 08:56 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

missed years due to injury still count
                              Not when you’re discussing someone’s effectiveness when on the field.

Maybe he would have 30 or close to it, if he hadn’t gotten injured.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

missed years due to injury still count
                                80 pressures and 20.5 sacks over 34 career games is pretty good, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X