Next year will be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Not when you’re discussing someone’s effectiveness when on the field.

Maybe he would have 30 or close to it, if he hadn’t gotten injured.
    there is some truth in that but there is also the point about the first thing about being effect is being available to play.

I'm also not trying to say he is a bad player, just not a top of the NFL elite player. talking about DPOY and Broncos all time sack leader is quit a reach for him at this point. He isn't even close to TJ Watt at this point in any kind of metric you want to measure them by.
    sigpic

Comment

there is more then the eye passes.

I think it is funny you are comparing him to off the ball lbs. Edge is very different especially in pass coverage. I mean Chubb does not drop into pass coverage as much as a KJ Wright. so he should have less.

you can't deny he moves really well for a 6'4 275 pound guy. his technique has been top notch sense has been in the league. the way he uses leverage and the way he can go through people or go around people. I also feel this was a little off year. he had to prepare and recover. Normally it takes at least a year to recover from an ACL, not to mention the Covid thing and having less time to actually get into game shape. TJ Watt is probably the best Edge right now in the league. the real question when he doesn't have that Elite D-line with him will he slow down. Cameron Hayward is better then any thing we have had at DE in recent memory. I would have him better then Jackson. I think he would be our best interior if we had him sense like Pryce. Stephon Tuitt is also really good. that defense as a whole is an elite unit and that from 7 is terrifying. Either way you can deny it all you want. call him Mediocre or what not hate on the pick. it doesn't mean your right. he is a special Edge and will only grow. I really expect a big season from him now that he will be over a year removed and I expect them to have a better plan for Covid in place with the offseason. both should really benefit him. you can disagree but his upside is MASSIVE. his floor atm is a top ten edge rusher. just because you want to deny it and claim it won't happen. doesn't mean it won't the defense has been in a bit of a rebuild mode sense 2015, we have been missing key piece and still are. I think one of Chubbs biggest issue with sacks is not getting them. is more we don't have a guy who can cover elite or good or maybe even average TE. TE are also generally the QB safety value. they don't always run deep, I would say more it less they are running short or intermediate routes. so I feel that hurts the defense more then anything.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

At this point we have not done free agency, trades, the draft, minicamps or preseason....that opinion is about the 2020 team more than the 2021 team.
        True, but the one thing that will NOT change is the coaching. They can bring in any number of FA's, draft picks, etc. With Fangio and Shurmur on the staff, there will be little to no improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

True, but the one thing that will NOT change is the coaching. They can bring in any number of FA's, draft picks, etc. With Fangio and Shurmur on the staff, there will be little to no improvement.
          I trust that there will be some development at the very least. A fully healthy Denver team is much better than 5-11. I could be delusional, but prior to the 2020 season I thought 9-7 or 10-6 was very possible. I mean the 2018 Bears with Mitch Trubisky went 12-4. What do you not like about Fangio aside from his questionable clock management? What do you not like about Shurmur besides the fact that he had one of the worst QBs in the NFL starting for his offense?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            there is more then the eye passes.

I think it is funny you are comparing him to off the ball lbs. Edge is very different especially in pass coverage. I mean Chubb does not drop into pass coverage as much as a KJ Wright. so he should have less.

you can't deny he moves really well for a 6'4 275 pound guy. his technique has been top notch sense has been in the league. the way he uses leverage and the way he can go through people or go around people. I also feel this was a little off year. he had to prepare and recover. Normally it takes at least a year to recover from an ACL, not to mention the Covid thing and having less time to actually get into game shape. TJ Watt is probably the best Edge right now in the league. the real question when he doesn't have that Elite D-line with him will he slow down. Cameron Hayward is better then any thing we have had at DE in recent memory. I would have him better then Jackson. I think he would be our best interior if we had him sense like Pryce. Stephon Tuitt is also really good. that defense as a whole is an elite unit and that from 7 is terrifying. Either way you can deny it all you want. call him Mediocre or what not hate on the pick. it doesn't mean your right. he is a special Edge and will only grow. I really expect a big season from him now that he will be over a year removed and I expect them to have a better plan for Covid in place with the offseason. both should really benefit him. you can disagree but his upside is MASSIVE. his floor atm is a top ten edge rusher. just because you want to deny it and claim it won't happen. doesn't mean it won't the defense has been in a bit of a rebuild mode sense 2015, we have been missing key piece and still are. I think one of Chubbs biggest issue with sacks is not getting them. is more we don't have a guy who can cover elite or good or maybe even average TE. TE are also generally the QB safety value. they don't always run deep, I would say more it less they are running short or intermediate routes. so I feel that hurts the defense more then anything.
            how is his floor top 10 when he wasn't even top 10 this past year?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

But he was top 10 by the end of the season though?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2...-rush-rankings

EDIT: I actually saw your source... so I guess T-9th or something if we want to lump all the EDGE players with the same % in one rank... but either way he's there or mighty close. No one is comparing him to TJ Watt but he's a Pro Bowler and will only get better from here
              Last edited by HDbroncos02; 02-12-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I love how I post a Source while you just post. a picture no article or anything to prove your claims.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

But he was top 10 by the end of the season though?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2...-rush-rankings

EDIT: I actually saw your source... so I guess T-9th or something if we want to lump all the EDGE players with the same % in one rank... but either way he's there or mighty close. No one is comparing him to TJ Watt but he's a Pro Bowler and will only get better from here
                  You, not you but the person claiming he will be DPOY, are comparing him to watt when you suggest that Chubb will be voted best defensive player of the year.

I also think the only reason he was a probowler was that the AFC was pretty weak in OLB this past season. The only other OLB from the AFC that were close to Chubb in stats were:

Bud Dupree (highest ranked AFC OLB in sacks besides watt) who had an equivalent season while playing 3 fewer games but was on IR or else he probably would have been the other AFC OLB
                  Malik Reed who had better stats but played 2 more games
                  Kyle Van Noy from Miami who had better stats at everything except sacks and was only 1.5 less and played in the same # of games Chubb
                  Matthew Judon...same as Van Noy, he was the 3rd probowler.

That was Chubb's competition. So saying he was a probowler doesn't really say a lot about his play when it was a pretty weak group and only made it as a starter due to Dupree's injury and if I had to pick just based on what I saw in games, I would rather have malik reed over Chubb too.
                  Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-12-2021, 07:20 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I love how I post a Source while you just post. a picture no article or anything to prove your claims.
                    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-rate-rankings
                    sigpic

Comment

Next year....
                      ...is 2022. 2021 ain't gonna matter unless the Broncos get themselves a knock-out QB. Chubb sure as hell isn't going to put the team into the post season.

Comment

Nice to see a Bronco on one of the images

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Nice to see a Bronco on one of the images

agreed. Bolles had a good season and showed a lot of improvement this season.
                          sigpic

Comment

agreed. Bolles had a good season and showed a lot of improvement this season.
                            He changed even some of the most negative posters opinions. For over a year I could not even bring up any other issue on the OL without a few posters wanting to express their negative opinions on Bolles. I remember trying to show how bad Wilkinson was years ago and all people wanted to talk about was their negative opinion on Bolles. Could not discuss Leary and his issues without people wanting to express their negative opinion on Bolles. No matter what was going on with out OL all some posters saw was how horrible Bolles was.

Got to give him credit for turning it around when even Stink wanted to give up on him.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                            X