Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Memory lane and the stuff we didn't know!

This just shows how important coaching is!

Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 02-17-2021, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    Against the "unstoppable" Newton & company, we brought home Lombardi # 3. More specifically, Von Miller and the defense brought the Lombardi home.

Honestly I think the AFC title game was the real SB that year.
    One thing I know is that year it took me about 10 games to realize our defense was good enough to pull the team to a Ring. There were football experts in week 15 or 16 who thought the Broncos would miss the playoffs due to a highly flawed offense. When the Super Bowl came around there were still experts who did not see our defense....who still do not see it today imo.

I was telling people leading up to the Super Bowl that Cam was fragile and if the Broncos could get to him early we would win. Von got to him early and Malik got the TD. At that point I was ready to bet the house we would win. When Cam started getting rolling Ware did a hulk smash on him and imo essentially ended any chance Carolina had.

Yea the game went back and forth beyond that but imo the Broncos had control the same way they did all year....with the defense suffocating the other team.

The difference between what the Broncos did and what the Hawks did before that was the Broncos defense carried the team. There were games that year including the AFC Champ game where the Broncos offense was not productive for entire quarters...sometimes entire halves.....and the defense carried them.

Have not see anything like that were a small amount of offensive scores and almost no other production from the offense and a dominant defense would carry the team since the 2000 Ravens....and the DB contact rule enforcement was much different in 2000.

It is too bad Wade Phillips only has 1 Ring because he has put together some of the most masterful defensive performances I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    Against the "unstoppable" Newton & company, we brought home Lombardi # 3. More specifically, Von Miller and the defense brought the Lombardi home.

It was. Agreed. Chris Harris reading that pick play was just perfect. He is still one of my favorite Broncos of all time. Still sad that we never got Champ a ring in his time here.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBrennan89
    started a topic 5 years ago tonight...

5 years ago tonight...

Working...
X