No announcement yet.

What This Super Bowl Taught Us Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It made me realize that, what a bummer it is to be 0 and 10 (I think?) against the Chiefs in the Last 5 Years.
    I was happy that the Chiefs didn't win last night, I didn't want them to repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      It made me realize that, what a bummer it is to be 0 and 10 (I think?) against the Chiefs in the Last 5 Years.
      I was happy that the Chiefs didn't win last night, I didn't want them to repeat.
      That's a big part of this thread, and why I think we need to learn from KC, not just "hate" them. We can take shots at them all day long and for weeks/months/years....but until we learn how to beat them, how on earth do we get to The SB?? Like it or not, they are the Divisional star. This is no fluke. We have to be better than them, but not just build a team to beat them. I never like that approach, where you define your strategy based on one team alone. You build a strong team that can beat all other teams, in good weather and bad, in low scoring and high scoring games. I don't just mean being flexible, I mean being tough to beat on our own accord.

Whether it's KC or anyone else, we need a QB, and pending who we could lose in any type of trade, I would like a stud LB, and defensive upgrades. Our O would be very solid with the right leader, and unless decimated in a trade (ie. Sutton and another), I see an offseason geared to D. Get a QB and then upgrade at Edge, ILB, Dbacks, Dline. At least 4 quality defenders in FA and The Draft.

Comment

We seen first hand a lack of OL is hard for a really good Qb to overcome . Of course a bad toe doesn't help the situation. Another thing , D. White is a stud and a stud ILB is a must .

Comment

It validated my thoughts on Mahomes and that while exceptional, he’s not the QB a lot of people make him out to be. He was pressured a lot sure but he often ran himself into a pressure a good number of those times. How often did he run 20-30 yards backwards and try to complete a pass? His skill position players make him more than he really is. The Bucs came out with a deep coverage shell and just refused to let their WRs get deep. When teams do that usually Kelce is able to eat up their LBs. But the Bucs have LaVonte David and Devin White who are 2 phenomenal coverage LBs.

David and White were every bit as important to that game as the dline and their pressure was. I expect us to look hard at David in the offseason after that showing.

Comment

I'm a small bit hopeful that this result will cool off the tidal wave of "trade for Watson at all cost".

A simple question: If KC had Watson would they have won?
            Ans: Nopes.

Why not?

He isn't better than Mahomes. The chiefs simply were simply outcoached and beaten on both lines.

Fix the lines and then fix the coaching.

Watson is a luxury, and we ain't ready for the final piece... a trade now will set us back several years

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              It validated my thoughts on Mahomes and that while exceptional, he’s not the QB a lot of people make him out to be. He was pressured a lot sure but he often ran himself into a pressure a good number of those times. How often did he run 20-30 yards backwards and try to complete a pass? His skill position players make him more than he really is. The Bucs came out with a deep coverage shell and just refused to let their WRs get deep. When teams do that usually Kelce is able to eat up their LBs. But the Bucs have LaVonte David and Devin White who are 2 phenomenal coverage LBs.

David and White were every bit as important to that game as the dline and their pressure was. I expect us to look hard at David in the offseason after that showing.
              Tampa would be stupid to let Lavonte David go. I am laughing about Devon White not being a Pro Bowler, he is awesome!

What you can learn is that poor pass protection with a hurt QB and poor run defense and dumb penalties will get you beat bad in the NFL not just the Super Bowl. From Denver's perspective, neutralize Hill, and pound on Kelce all game then run the ball really effectively and you might be able to hang consistently with KC.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Tampa would be stupid to let Lavonte David go. I am laughing about Devon White not being a Pro Bowler, he is awesome!

What you can learn is that poor pass protection with a hurt QB and poor run defense and dumb penalties will get you beat bad in the NFL not just the Super Bowl. From Denver's perspective, neutralize Hill, and pound on Kelce all game then run the ball really effectively and you might be able to hang consistently with KC.
                I’m not sure they’ll be able to afford him with Godwin and Barrett also being FAs. Although they could probably do without Godwin.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

That's a big part of this thread, and why I think we need to learn from KC, not just "hate" them....
                  Whether it's KC or anyone else, we need a QB, and pending who we could lose in any type of trade, I would like a stud LB, and defensive upgrades. Our O would be very solid with the right leader, and unless decimated in a trade (ie. Sutton and another), I see an offseason geared to D. Get a QB and then upgrade at Edge, ILB, Dbacks, Dline. At least 4 quality defenders in FA and The Draft.

Yep. I'd throw in a run game that can get the hard yards and keeps the ball moving forward, even if it's only for 4 yards. All of that's not too much to ask, is it? LOL....
                  Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-08-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I’m not sure they’ll be able to afford him with Godwin and Barrett also being FAs. Although they could probably do without Godwin.
                    Well, If I was Patton, I would say we will make you the highest paid LB in football if you sign here. I realize he isn't a 3 year player so he may regress in 3-4 years but it feels like if you can 3-4 great years out of a FA it is a win. Devon White is unbelievable, but Lavonte David makes that Defense run on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                      We seen first hand a lack of OL is hard for a really good Qb to overcome . Of course a bad toe doesn't help the situation. Another thing , D. White is a stud and a stud ILB is a must .
                      The Bucs front was good but yea... those LBs were playing ELITE and imo even better than the DL.

Also the DBs were playing very well. How many times did Mahomes tuck the ball in and run around? Many times. Even when doing this the Bucs were really good at keeping him contained.

The DL was good but that was an all around great defensive performance.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

What i don't understand is why some people think "not speaking on anyone on this board" feels that ANY qb likes to be pressured.

Its not a secret or a scheme....NO qb likes to be pressured.. no qbs don't do well under pressure....its no secret or nothing new. So its not a blueprint to defeat pat its the blueprint to beat ANY qb in the NFL..
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

What i don't understand is why some people think "not speaking on anyone on this board" feels that ANY qb likes to be pressured.

Its not a secret or a scheme....NO qb likes to be pressured.. no qbs don't do well under pressure....its no secret or nothing new. So its not a blueprint to defeat pat its the blueprint to beat ANY qb in the NFL..
                          i think theres a little more with mahomes. you have to run 2 safteys high and make sure you take Hill out of the game.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i think theres a little more with mahomes. you have to run 2 safteys high and make sure you take Hill out of the game.
                            Andy is not stupid though. He and that staff is gonna analyze that tape and come up with something to stop... and all they have to do is run the ball and that safety will have to come down in the box.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Andy is not stupid though. He and that staff is gonna analyze that tape and come up with something to stop... and all they have to do is run the ball and that safety will have to come down in the box.
                              i think that can be debatable. i know they where saying like the Bucs ran a cover 2 or 2 high safeties like 80 percent of the time. Vita Vea Suh Barret and JPP all proformed really well Vita may be one of the best run defenders from the d-line in the nfl atm.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Good point. What I also found funny was hearing all of the experts today was how they raved over the Bucs defense, saying that was the way to build a championship team, with little to no mention of the offense. Uh, Brady and the offense had no effect? Seems to me that the Bucs offense being able to execute drives and score touchdowns (and not just field goals) put the Chefs back on their heels. They then abandoned the run trying to play catch up and went to attempts at executing big passing plays, which is not a good thing. You can have that great defense, but if you can't score touchdowns drive after drive, forcing the Chefs to play catch up, victory is not assured.
                                Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-08-2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X