What This Super Bowl Taught Us Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
    I stopped watching this season after the league screwed Denver in that NO game (though I saw bits and pieces of Cleveland being screwed by KC). But it became very clear that this whole season was manufactured in my opinion.

The league lost so much money this season that they needed to do something to try and make a fraction of it back. With the Super Bowl in Tampa it makes you wonder if some of the powers that be didn't nudge Brady to go to Tampa with some lofty promises. Brady on the first team ever to host the Super Bowl? Playing against the leagues new poster boy Mahomes? Sorry but all that is way too convenient to me. And from what I heard the game was boring and the refs were terrible.

At the end of the day, I don't see this season past season as a legit one. Too many postponements and too many players missing games all season long because of Covid. How can you validate a season like that?

Hockey right now is in the same boat. Devils have missed 7 games already, and that is just one team. Can't take a season that has been so drastically altered seriously.

Hopefully next year will be better, but this season was a crapshow of epic proportions.
    Just a friendly suggestion: If you haven't watched, check out the Supercross/Motocross stuff. The action is non-stop (like hockey), and the athletes are arguably some of the best as well as it being one of the biggest adrenaline rush sports out there. The FIM/AMA governing bodies have managed the COVID crap pretty well. Also, the two series begin in January and go through until September, which fits very well with the NFL season. You can check out the Supercross highlights and races from this season so far for free on Youtube. Just search 2021 Supercross highlights, and it should give you a bunch of them from the 6 races they've completed so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Fully agree interior Dline men can completely disrupt an offense and create opportunities for the ends and OLBs to make plays. A truly disruptive IDL can change the outcome of a game, and they dont have to be A. Donald to make a big impact.
      Shaq has really improved and fits well in the Tampa scheme I can't imagine a scenario where he would want to leave and Tampa will do their absolute best to re-sign him.

I'm excited to see if Agim can improve, (high ceiling) but we should definitely look to strengthen IDL through free agency. Great if Shaq happened but we must be active in strengthening this position.

The thing is that Elway if nothing else has a really good feel for drafting impact defensive players, and it really isn't on that side of the ball we have huge problems. Paying huge sums for Shaq would hurt us mere than help us. What we really need on defense is someone that can take out an elite TE and stop a quick reciever running good routes. We need a young Chris Harris Jr for Hill and someone that can shut down Kelce. Without that and a solid QB that can put up points when it matters, then we are behing in the division.

Comment

• Sorry...just another one of my right turns. The SB taught me that a great half time show can partially minimize a not so good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The thing is that Elway if nothing else has a really good feel for drafting impact defensive players, and it really isn't on that side of the ball we have huge problems. Paying huge sums for Shaq would hurt us mere than help us. What we really need on defense is someone that can take out an elite TE and stop a quick reciever running good routes. We need a young Chris Harris Jr for Hill and someone that can shut down Kelce. Without that and a solid QB that can put up points when it matters, then we are behing in the division.
          No way Barrett would come here. The guy has an opportunity to stay with an SB champion with Brady behind center. Come here? For what??? Heck, there are good players on lesser teams who wouldn't want to come here, and I can't blame them. This offense stinks, and I don't see any reason right now that will change, which is partially due to Shurmur being here. Trying to keep this on track.

Comment

• What I got from this SB is just because everyone believes a SB should / will be great can easily be awful. The Broncos have proved that to us a few times.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• The SB taught me what could have been... Keep Shaq, draft Josh Allen instead of Chubb, and been competing for AFCW and making the playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                The SB taught me what could have been... Keep Shaq, draft Josh Allen instead of Chubb, and been competing for AFCW and making the playoffs
                The Broncos have not developed a young QB to Allen's level in 30 years...I do not think Allen would have the same success in Denver.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Yo do realize that the Bucs played a lot of zone, covering deep and allowing the Chefs to have the short underneath passes because they'd run up and stop them, right? But EVERY zone defense turns into man defense at some point, and the Bucs did a good job of manning up and keeping Hill and Kelce under wraps when Mahomes started running around.

For all of the praise heaped on the Chefs and their offense every year, their biggest plays, and what they're best at is getting open on broken plays and turning nothing into something big.
                  They have elite middle LB that can cover. Kelce was a non impact player for much of the game. The quick passes for big Gaines didn’t happen. Mahomes was on the ground a lot because of the sticky coverage. May have been some but the blanketed WRs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

They have elite middle LB that can cover. Kelce was a non impact player for much of the game. The quick passes for big Gaines didn’t happen. Mahomes was on the ground a lot because of the sticky coverage. May have been some but the blanketed WRs.
                    But they still played 2 high safeties on almost every single down, they played 3 deep on a few plays, and played zone. White rarely covered Kelce.

Also to bring it back to the Broncos, they don't actually play much zone coverage, they play a lot of read coverage, which would be like "zone blocking" they'll have 2 defenders to cover two receivers, but it's not man to man immediately, they match routes, inside DB will take the first inside breaking route, outside DB will have the first outside breaking route. That's why they tend to play off coverage, because they need time for the routes to develop to sift their coverage.

It's a hybrid zone/man concept, but in reality it will turn to man coverage quickly on every single play.
                    Last edited by Butler By'Note; 02-18-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X