X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Bouye released

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPalm...73673586290691

James Palmer reports ...

Makes sense. His play didn't warrant the pay he was about to receive.

Comment

Not a shock. Saved I think 12 mil against the cap. There are some intriguing options in FA for corners.

The other guys to look out for are Casey and Jackson as far as releases.

Both would save 10 plus mil against the cap. It might come down to us re-signing Simmons or keeping them and I would like to keep SImmons here long term.
      A book I wrote

Comment

Good move to save $13.2M in cap space. I could see CB being addressed in both FA and the draft.
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

good now go get one or more of the following:

awuzie
          davis
          Witherspoon
          jackson

they would know better than us how caseys rehab is going.

while we are at it can we grt rid of gordon too please?
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

more cap for watson

Comment

I thought he was going to get back to his old form ? I thought the last 2 years of bad play in Jacksonville were going to magically change when he got here ? I thought I was just a hater. Another Elway clanger giving up a solid pick for a mediocre veteran past his prime. I often wonder if general managers just liked fans base things off of reputation ? Because sometimes moves made and money paid just isn't warranted when you sit down and specifically watch them play. I really hope the approach from Patton isn't the same with giving up decent picks for these guys with inflated contracts. Next on the list, sadly, Von Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                I thought he was going to get back to his old form ? I thought the last 2 years of bad play in Jacksonville were going to magically change when he got here ? I thought I was just a hater. Another Elway clanger giving up a solid pick for a mediocre veteran past his prime. I often wonder if general managers just liked fans base things off of reputation ? Because sometimes moves made and money paid just isn't warranted when you sit down and specifically watch them play. I really hope the approach from Patton isn't the same with giving up decent picks for these guys with inflated contracts. Next on the list, sadly, Von Miller.
                They signed him to a low risk, easy to get rid of contract and took a small chance he had some MOJO left, while providing experience to the team, what am I missing here? It wasn't a bad signing.
                Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

Comment

Sorry I used signed, he was traded for, but who was on the board that had bouye potential? I saw it as a low risk, high reward play. Not terrible, just didn't work out
                  Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

Comment

Bouye was solid when he was actually on the field for us this year. That second KC game was his best performance before he got suspended. I think if he played all 16 games, we probably still cut him— but the decision would be much more difficult. He was not some washed, old vet... he looked much better in the Fangio defense than he did in his last year in JAX (coming from someone that lives in Jacksonville). Either way, he’s no longer with Denver and... at the time, a 4th rounder was not a terribly expensive price to trade for Bouye. Remember when we had folks last year (including myself) clamor for Byron Jones to come here on an insane contract? Or even trade a 3rd & 5th for Darius Slay? What would’ve solved CB last offseason? Come on now, lol..
                    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by raziel View Post
                      Sorry I used signed, he was traded for, but who was on the board that had bouye potential? I saw it as a low risk, high reward play. Not terrible, just didn't work out
                      exactly. his suspension made this an easy decision imo.
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I doubt he’ll gain a ton of interest in free agency so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him brought back at some point on a much smaller cap number. Although that’d probably happen at some point in training camp much closer to the regular season

Comment

This move was probably the biggest no-brainer of the off-season. Overpaid and facing a suspension with no dead money. Real question remains if we release Casey or not pickup Von's option.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not a shocker. I think this puts CB at biggest off-season priority for holes to fill. I think we need to draft a fix and paying high prices FA over and over.

Comment

A first great move by GM Paton !!

Comment

Working...
                              X