The Broncos Financial Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broncos Financial Situation

I haven't heard or read anything about this, so at this point in time this doesn't even qualify as a rumor but more like what do you think about the Broncos financial situation? It's been reported in the past that the Broncos had cashflow problems. While NFL teams do get most of their money from TV, the money from attendance is pretty substantial too. Not only hasn't there been any attendance revenue due to COVID, the Broncos haven't had any home playoff games in 5 years, which have been an important aspect of Broncos' cashflow.

When a team signs a player to a contract all the guaranteed money has to be placed in an escrow account something like within 2 weeks after the contract is signed, so cashflow is essential. I wonder how the team is doing with cashflow and if this may be one reason there's been talk of selling by the Bowlens publicly?

I don't know the actual details or numbers, but I imagine having a cash flow problem as an NFL team is like being a hot woman with a boob job that got stood up but in a night club full of rich guys.

Comment

Almost every business in the world is going through shortage of revenue compared to last year.

The Broncos will be in the exact same boat as the other 31 NFL teams.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Almost every business in the world is going through shortage of revenue compared to last year.

The Broncos will be in the exact same boat as the other 31 NFL teams.
        Factually incorrect. To say Green Bay is in the exact same boat as the Cowboys with Jerry or the Rams with Kroenke is very inaccurate. If the Broncos had cash flow issues before they will be worse now. Pat Bowlen's pitch to build a new stadium was how he needed the money to compete with the wealthier owners.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
          I don't know the actual details or numbers, but I imagine having a cash flow problem as an NFL team is like being a hot woman with a boob job that got stood up but in a night club full of rich guys.
          It's more like a women in a night club competing with other women with boob jobs. Sure, the Bowlens can borrow money or sell part or all of the team, which is part of the point of this thread. Using round numbers, the lost live attendance revenue is about the same as the salary cap. Bronco ownership has always been dependent on revenue to run the team with little outside capital.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

It's more like a women in a night club competing with other women with boob jobs. Sure, the Bowlens can borrow money or sell part or all of the team, which is part of the point of this thread. Using round numbers, the lost live attendance revenue is about the same as the salary cap. Bronco ownership has always been dependent on revenue to run the team with little outside capital.
            Not really like all of those women are in the same place. The Broncos have a rather large area where they don't compete against other teams for fans. Now, they do compete for national media exposure and maybe some advertising revenue, but even then sponsors know that most teams have a regional market. Add to that there's so much money in the NFL that there's plenty to go around. What was the last team to go bankrupt? Doesn't happen often, does it? None are mentioned in this article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2010/10/29/10-S...-Bankrupt.html

I did a search of bankrupt NFL teams, and I couldn't find any. I think that's why there are plenty of big money morons who inherited their money and have no clue what being a good businessman is like that are successful making profit with NFL teams. That McNair clown might be the first to "manage" an NFL team into financial failure.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Factually incorrect. To say Green Bay is in the exact same boat as the Cowboys with Jerry or the Rams with Kroenke is very inaccurate. If the Broncos had cash flow issues before they will be worse now. Pat Bowlen's pitch to build a new stadium was how he needed the money to compete with the wealthier owners.
              Actually it is factually correct. Salary cap works the same for all teams. Revenue sharing is still happening.

I am just curious if anyone has anything else besides internet speculation here.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Can't we have a better, and less sexist, analogy than a woman in a night club?

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                  Can't we have a better, and less sexist, analogy than a woman in a night club?
                  Sure...nothing's stopping you from doing that. I love something that makes me laugh. Go for it!
                  Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-15-2021, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Actually it is factually correct. Salary cap works the same for all teams. Revenue sharing is still happening.

I am just curious if anyone has anything else besides internet speculation here.
                    While all teams are constrained by the cap, teams with a lot of cash can manipulate the cap a lot better than those with less cash.

That’s where signing bonuses come into play.

That money gets paid up front.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

While all teams are constrained by the cap, teams with a lot of cash can manipulate the cap a lot better than those with less cash.

That’s where signing bonuses come into play.

That money gets paid up front.
                      Is there a rule that limits the amount of signing bonus allowable per contract? Or, is it just what the team can afford?

EDIT: Nevermind, found a great article that explains this and more.
                      Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-15-2021, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Sure...nothing's stopping you from doing that. I love something that makes me laugh. Go for it!
                        Why would it make you laugh?

Comment

Why would it make you laugh?
                          Uh, my post's intent was to be humorous. I was hoping you'd also want to make people laugh with an analogy.

Comment

Uh, my post's intent was to be humorous. I was hoping you'd also want to make people laugh with an analogy.
                            Ok then... I now understand your sense of humor. Keeping it simple. I like it.

Comment

Ok then... I now understand your sense of humor. Keeping it simple. I like it.
                              Did you think I believe all men and women are like that? I hope not! It was just an analogy that was supposed to be humorous.

The NFL seems like they can do anything they want and they'll still make money. And, it's probably true. Heck, look at some of the train wrecks that own teams (e.g. Irsay), but they still bank. I'd take any team in the NFL and I'd enjoy having their "problems". The NFL was considered non-profit and tax exempt until 2015. Non-profit? Really? LOL! The partnerships they can establish with government organizations for profit are comical, as are the public-funded stadiums. Not making enough money? Meh...just shop around and there will be some city willing to bend over backwards to get an NFL team.
                              I am curious how things will shake out for the Broncos, though. The Bowlen family would be nuts to let the team go.

Comment

Working...
                              X