X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    ....As long a team keeps rolling extra cap over to the next year...like the Broncos do...than they are managing the cap well imo

If you want to see the teams struggling....look for the teams not rolling over the cap.
    Simply rolling over the extra or keeping their team in the black? Because if you look through the list of teams organized by cap space from most in the black to most in the red, the ones with the most leftover cap are, more or less, the worst teams performance-wise in the league, and the ones most in the red are teams like the Saints, Chiefs, Steelers, Packers, and Bills. The Bucs are in the black, but they're mid-pack.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

While all teams are constrained by the cap, teams with a lot of cash can manipulate the cap a lot better than those with less cash.

That’s where signing bonuses come into play.

That money gets paid up front.
    I get that. I do not think that is the cash flow in question. Teams are supposed to take revenue sharing and apply a potion of it to the salary cap....in fact a min salary cap was added to the CBA.

Regardless all teams are in the same situation in terms of cap and revenue sharing....how they manage it may be an issue. There is a reason a rule had to be added about min salary spent towards the cap. Not all teams were taking the revenue sharing and spending on players salary at the beginning.

That is not a cash flow issue...that is a team management issue.

As long a team keeps rolling extra cap over to the next year...like the Broncos do...than they are managing the cap well imo

If you want to see the teams struggling....look for the teams not rolling over the cap.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Ok then... I now understand your sense of humor. Keeping it simple. I like it.
    Did you think I believe all men and women are like that? I hope not! It was just an analogy that was supposed to be humorous.

The NFL seems like they can do anything they want and they'll still make money. And, it's probably true. Heck, look at some of the train wrecks that own teams (e.g. Irsay), but they still bank. I'd take any team in the NFL and I'd enjoy having their "problems". The NFL was considered non-profit and tax exempt until 2015. Non-profit? Really? LOL! The partnerships they can establish with government organizations for profit are comical, as are the public-funded stadiums. Not making enough money? Meh...just shop around and there will be some city willing to bend over backwards to get an NFL team.
    I am curious how things will shake out for the Broncos, though. The Bowlen family would be nuts to let the team go.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Uh, my post's intent was to be humorous. I was hoping you'd also want to make people laugh with an analogy.
    Ok then... I now understand your sense of humor. Keeping it simple. I like it.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Why would it make you laugh?
    Uh, my post's intent was to be humorous. I was hoping you'd also want to make people laugh with an analogy.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied

Sure...nothing's stopping you from doing that. I love something that makes me laugh. Go for it!
    Why would it make you laugh?

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

While all teams are constrained by the cap, teams with a lot of cash can manipulate the cap a lot better than those with less cash.

Is there a rule that limits the amount of signing bonus allowable per contract? Or, is it just what the team can afford?

EDIT: Nevermind, found a great article that explains this and more.
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-15-2021, 03:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

Actually it is factually correct. Salary cap works the same for all teams. Revenue sharing is still happening.

I am just curious if anyone has anything else besides internet speculation here.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Can't we have a better, and less sexist, analogy than a woman in a night club?
    Sure...nothing's stopping you from doing that. I love something that makes me laugh. Go for it!
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-15-2021, 03:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Can't we have a better, and less sexist, analogy than a woman in a night club?

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Factually incorrect. To say Green Bay is in the exact same boat as the Cowboys with Jerry or the Rams with Kroenke is very inaccurate. If the Broncos had cash flow issues before they will be worse now. Pat Bowlen's pitch to build a new stadium was how he needed the money to compete with the wealthier owners.
    Actually it is factually correct. Salary cap works the same for all teams. Revenue sharing is still happening.

I am just curious if anyone has anything else besides internet speculation here.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

It's more like a women in a night club competing with other women with boob jobs. Sure, the Bowlens can borrow money or sell part or all of the team, which is part of the point of this thread. Using round numbers, the lost live attendance revenue is about the same as the salary cap. Bronco ownership has always been dependent on revenue to run the team with little outside capital.
    Not really like all of those women are in the same place. The Broncos have a rather large area where they don't compete against other teams for fans. Now, they do compete for national media exposure and maybe some advertising revenue, but even then sponsors know that most teams have a regional market. Add to that there's so much money in the NFL that there's plenty to go around. What was the last team to go bankrupt? Doesn't happen often, does it? None are mentioned in this article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2010/10/29/10-S...-Bankrupt.html

I did a search of bankrupt NFL teams, and I couldn't find any. I think that's why there are plenty of big money morons who inherited their money and have no clue what being a good businessman is like that are successful making profit with NFL teams. That McNair clown might be the first to "manage" an NFL team into financial failure.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    I don't know the actual details or numbers, but I imagine having a cash flow problem as an NFL team is like being a hot woman with a boob job that got stood up but in a night club full of rich guys.
    It's more like a women in a night club competing with other women with boob jobs. Sure, the Bowlens can borrow money or sell part or all of the team, which is part of the point of this thread. Using round numbers, the lost live attendance revenue is about the same as the salary cap. Bronco ownership has always been dependent on revenue to run the team with little outside capital.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Almost every business in the world is going through shortage of revenue compared to last year.

The Broncos will be in the exact same boat as the other 31 NFL teams.
    Factually incorrect. To say Green Bay is in the exact same boat as the Cowboys with Jerry or the Rams with Kroenke is very inaccurate. If the Broncos had cash flow issues before they will be worse now. Pat Bowlen's pitch to build a new stadium was how he needed the money to compete with the wealthier owners.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Almost every business in the world is going through shortage of revenue compared to last year.

The Broncos will be in the exact same boat as the other 31 NFL teams.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X