Crystal Ball....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Ball....

Assuming the Broncos stay stuck with Lock for the next season as their primary QB, and they keep and use their draft picks on other positions, including their #9, what's your prediction on their season record? I'm going 7-9 at best, with 6-10 a real possibility, and that's if they find a way to keep either Miller or Simmons (but I don't expect them keeping both). Unlikely James will play a whole season and Gordon will get his suspension (2-3 games).

Next season's schedule:
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule/futureopponents
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-13-2021, 12:32 AM.

13-3

Super Bowl champs!

My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
      Assuming the Broncos stay stuck with Lock for the next season as their primary QB, and they keep and use their draft picks on other positions, including their #9, what's your prediction on their season record? I'm going 7-9 at best, with 6-10 a real possibility, and that's if they find a way to keep either Miller or Simmons (but I don't expect them keeping both). Unlikely James will play a whole season and Gordon will get his suspension (2-3 games).

Next season's schedule:
      https://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule/futureopponents
      Not sure why your so doom and gloom here. QB's tend to have that nice 3rd year jump in performance. Especially considering Lock will get his true #1 back with a second year in the same system with no rookies receivers. We'll draft an amazing young running back to compliment what we have, we'll get a safety net for our right Tackle position behind a proven vet { that proves he'll only last a few games, but will play well } and our defense will not occur the injury type of season we had last year. We will play for a wild card spot with a 9 and 7 record and will be talking about what we need to do to get farther the following year. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Not sure why your so doom and gloom here. QB's tend to have that nice 3rd year jump in performance. Especially considering Lock will get his true #1 back with a second year in the same system with no rookies receivers. We'll draft an amazing young running back to compliment what we have, we'll get a safety net for our right Tackle position behind a proven vet { that proves he'll only last a few games, but will play well } and our defense will not occur the injury type of season we had last year. We will play for a wild card spot with a 9 and 7 record and will be talking about what we need to do to get farther the following year. Cheers
        I think my opinion is based off of realistic observations and not a pessimistic attitude. 4 years of losing records, a very unimpressive head coach, an OC that doesn't show much promise and really hasn't in the past, a QB that showed the typical improvement seen from the average young QB, which didn't help him much since he was doing so bad, and a good memory that unless you have an HOF QB here, you're not much of a consistent threat in the NFL, even when you have a great coach like Shanahan. I realize the changes headed to the team this year. But it's not all positive. I also look at the holes the team is "acquiring", as well as the schedule, which is why I posted a link to it in this thread (since I think it's relevant). BTW, my critical attitude has no bearing on how the Broncos actually do or how much I enjoy the game. And, I enjoy seeing the positive posts, too, especially like Broncolee's. Good for those who can take that attitude! You and Broncolee get thumbs up from me!

Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-13-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

6 wins max for Lock and thats with adding an extra game for next season 6-11.

2022 Off Season will be the purge of the FO and Coaching staff

Comment

Yet another top ten pick probably
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
              6 wins max for Lock and thats with adding an extra game for next season 6-11.

2022 Off Season will be the purge of the FO and Coaching staff
              I hope Elway still stays, but in more of a hands-off capacity. After giving it a bit of thought, I think Elway is the only real tie to the quality ownership of Pat Bowlen. I'm ok with Shurmur and Fangio gone, but not so much if Elway isn't a part of the Broncos anymore. Hope that Paton is a good GM and stays through the transition.

Comment

The problem I have with the annual “fire the coaches” mentality is simply, then what?

Who is the magical HC and Coordinator hires that are “changing” the Broncos?

Elway has gone back and forth with hires of young and old, inexperienced and decades of experience, innovative and established systems. Most were respected coaches that were considered by most as good hires at the time of the hire.

Who’s next?

At this point I seriously think that some coaching stability is much more important for the
                organization then trying to “solve” the coaching problems by starting from scratch again. Being able to have a consistent strategy of systems, draft, free agency and leadership is more important then trying to chase after the illusion of the next perfect coach.

I’m guessing if the roster improves and stays healthy and they get some wins, even the current coaching staff start looking like geniuses.

That being said, if they clean house and start over I can understand. The Broncos need to start winning.

Comment

I think my opinion is based off of realistic observations and not a pessimistic attitude. 4 years of losing records, a very unimpressive head coach, an OC that doesn't show much promise and really hasn't in the past, a QB that showed the typical improvement seen from the average young QB, which didn't help him much since he was doing so bad, and a good memory that unless you have an HOF QB here, you're not much of a consistent threat in the NFL, even when you have a great coach like Shanahan. I realize the changes headed to the team this year. But it's not all positive. I also look at the holes the team is "acquiring", as well as the schedule, which is why I posted a link to it in this thread (since I think it's relevant). BTW, my critical attitude has no bearing on how the Broncos actually do or how much I enjoy the game. And, I enjoy seeing the positive posts, too, especially like Broncolee's. Good for those who can take that attitude! You and Broncolee get thumbs up from me!

Explained yourself well. In regards to the schedule....I feel that plays well into our hands to back up my thoughts.....It looks to be a friendly schedule doesn't it ?

Comment

9 wins

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      The problem I have with the annual “fire the coaches” mentality is simply, then what?

Who is the magical HC and Coordinator hires that are “changing” the Broncos?

Elway has gone back and forth with hires of young and old, inexperienced and decades of experience, innovative and established systems. Most were respected coaches that were considered by most as good hires at the time of the hire.

Who’s next?

At this point I seriously think that some coaching stability is much more important for the
                      organization then trying to “solve” the coaching problems by starting from scratch again. Being able to have a consistent strategy of systems, draft, free agency and leadership is more important then trying to chase after the illusion of the next perfect coach.

I’m guessing if the roster improves and stays healthy and they get some wins, even the current coaching staff start looking like geniuses.

That being said, if they clean house and start over I can understand. The Broncos need to start winning.

I'd agree with that if it wasn't for two losing seasons under Fangio, a worse season (record wise) this year than last, and an OC that doesn't seem to be quite getting it. Vance Joseph got fired for less than Fangio, and Scangarello was let go even though he was the OC when the Broncos finished with 4 wins and 1 loss with Lock at the helm. To me, keeping Scangarello was warranted. Bringing in Shurmur, with his style of offense, wasn't. Same with keeping Fangio, since VJ was let go even though the Broncos did better with him.

I think Elway's issue was bringing in rookie HC's. The safe bet would've been to bring in decent (don't have to be great) HC's with experience at the position. Stability under those guys makes sense. Stability under a coach who's still trying to figure it out in his second year but making the same mistakes? Ummm....maybe not so much in the makes sense department. Hopefully at least Shurmur understands the limitations of Lock now and stops with his constant 3 receiver sets. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Explained yourself well. In regards to the schedule....I feel that plays well into our hands to back up my thoughts.....It looks to be a friendly schedule doesn't it ?
                        I see it as Washington Football Team (seriously, is that the best name they could come up with???), Jets, Jags, Eagles, Bengals, and Cowboys to be opportunities for wins. Beating the Raiders at once is a possibility. Chargers QB looks to be decent and the team looking a little better. But, maybe a win there, although if they're really on the rise that might be tough. That's 8 wins, in my amateur opinion, but not confident the Broncos can do that. The win of the Chargers might be the one I'm less sure about, so that's where my 7-9 come from. My 6-10 is worst case.

And, with the effects of COVID, that home field advantage may not be so huge. Now I'm kinda curious how home field was to teams this past season?
                        Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-13-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I must start with the fact that I thought Bouye and Casey were key acquisitions last year, so our D does need offseason help. My gut tells me our D is average at best given where we are right now. And given our O has had a scoring problem, unless Lock steps it up this year, I don't see us better than 8 and 8. If Lock does progress, and we acquire some quality D pieces, 9 and 7.

Comment

I'd agree with that if it wasn't for two losing seasons under Fangio, a worse season (record wise) this year than last, and an OC that doesn't seem to be quite getting it. Vance Joseph got fired for less than Fangio, and Scangarello was let go even though he was the OC when the Broncos finished with 4 wins and 1 loss with Lock at the helm. To me, keeping Scangarello was warranted. Bringing in Shurmur, with his style of offense, wasn't. Same with keeping Fangio, since VJ was let go even though the Broncos did better with him.

I think Elway's issue was bringing in rookie HC's. The safe bet would've been to bring in decent (don't have to be great) HC's with experience at the position. Stability under those guys makes sense. Stability under a coach who's still trying to figure it out in his second year but making the same mistakes? Ummm....maybe not so much in the makes sense department. Hopefully at least Shurmur understands the limitations of Lock now and stops with his constant 3 receiver sets. We'll see.
                            Not arguing any of your points. It is easy to find the flaws you are mentioning. I am just as frustrated with them.

Just not sure what retread experienced HC and his likely new staff changes the culture of the team more then player health and improved roster.

Last season was a fiasco due the health crisis and multiple devastating injuries to core players. Relying on a raw inexperienced QB without any training camp had expected results. And that was one position among many that were reliant on questionable replacements. (CB, RT, QB). No depth killed this team again.

New coaches brings new strategies and players that "fit" their systems. Leading to quality players being let go or misused until the right "fit" is found. One of my pet peeves was Janovich. Quality FB that was prioritized with a nice contract then was cut because he didn't fit the new system. Just one example of what happens with new coaches, there are others over the past coaching staffs.

Just for fun. Lets create a hypothetical where Watson becomes the Broncos QB (or if you prefer Lock has a breakout year). Free Agency and draft goes well (whatever that means to you) filling out the roster and the Broncos improve to 10-6, win a wild Card game. Our same coaches might be considered in a different light. Fangio might get COY votes, Shurmer may get HC offers because of it. Narrative changes.

Honestly, I have no clue how to fix this current fiasco. I am leaning more on trying to build on what they have instead of tearing it down and starting over from the foundation up. IMO the Broncos coaches are already "decent". But I am open to suggestions of who they would hire that would guarantee significant change for the Broncos. Or are we having this conversation again in a year or two because the experienced HC and his Coords did dot produce wins? Hard calls. Don't envy Paton having to make them.

Comment

Fangio has displayed some of the same flaws as Vance Joseph when it comes to game management decisions.

Vance only got two years. Why should Fangio get more other than Ellis doesn’t want Elway to fire more coaches?

That being said, the decision has already been made. Fangio better be on notice to show better results, if he wants to stick around longer.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X