No announcement yet.

Crystal Ball....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chiefs’ 49 to 17 pass to run ratio had Andy Reid written all over it.

That should make anyone wonder just how much Eric Bieniemy is responsible for the offense.

No one should be convinced he’s qualified to be a head coach based off the success of that offense.

I don’t know if Bieniemy is qualified or not, but he’s had multiple interviews and has yet to make someone a believer.

If Fangio goes, I don’t think I would be rooting for Bieniemy to replace him.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Are you sure that's the same person? Could be the Bieniemy critics from prior to the SB loss simply became more vocal after the loss, and the Reid supporters prior to the SB have become more silent after the ass-beating the Chefs got in the loss? Kinda like how the Chefs fans who had a severe case of diarrhea of the mouth prior to the SB now have constipation, other than blaming the refs.

Now, me personally I have no idea how much of the Chefs game plan and execution was Reid and how much was Bieniemy. I do suspect a big part of it was Reid, with Bieniemy helping out. My opinion of Bieniemy after the SB hasn't changed: don't promote anyone by an external hire into that position. Since Reid is such a big part of the offense of that team, it's pretty much impossible to say that Bieniemy's running the offensive show there, so he's even further removed from showing us what he could do as HC here.

If Fangio tanks and gets shown the door, hire a guy into the HC position who has already served as a head coach elsewhere. That way we have a good idea what we're getting. No more "rookie" hires. It's bitten us in the ass twice. Why repeat the mistake? And, only promote from within. That way you have a good idea who a person is and what they're capable of because you've witnessed it first-hand.

Oh, and don't expect some magical improvement at any position (e.g. Shurmur or Flacco) by someone who has failed doing that job elsewhere. Just because they're in Denver doesn't mean they can fix their "stupid"....because that rarely happens.
      Ummmm, don't know if we're on the same page but, ok thanks for your insight. We look at what I said totally different. It's cool I'm use to it.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Ummmm, don't know if we're on the same page but, ok thanks for your insight. We look at what I said totally different. It's cool I'm use to it.
        Might be me not explaining it well enough. What I was getting at was maybe what you're hearing isn't someone who thought Bieniemy was a good idea prior to the SB and because of the SB changed their mind, and refuse to blame Reid. Maybe what you're hearing is someone who wasn't on board with Bieniemy (like me) to begin with. And no, I won't say the SB changed my mind. I didn't want him before, and the SB only showed me that I might be right. Yes, Reid certainly owns a big part of the SB flop, regardless.

But, there could be those using the SB loss as criticism of Bieniemy and ignore Reid's part of it. I'd stay away from those people....thinking that might be a level of delusion only obtainable through heavy alcohol consumption and/or drug use.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
          sr84:

"I still like Bieniemy as a potential candidate for head coach."
          Bieniemy became OC in 2018 when Mahomes became the starter.
          I could be wrong to some degree, but my uneducated opinion is Mahomes makes Bieniemy look much better.
          Example: Manning and Fox.

"People were a little sour on Kyle Shanahan after the Falcons choked in Super Bowl LI due to some questionable play calling, yet, he's done well in San Francisco thus far."
          I may be in the minority here, but given Kyle's family ties to Denver, I'd take him over Bieniemy 10/10.

"One bad game, after losing both offensive tackles and Mahomes playing with a banged up foot against a red hot, talented Bucs team hasn't swayed me."
          KC attempted 49 passes to 17 rushes. Of those 17, Mahomes had 5 carries to Edwards-Helaire's 9 for 64 yards (7.1 avg).
          Perhaps Edwards-Helaire should have had more than 9 rushes setting up screens and bootlegs, given the injuries.

Oh well, TB 31 / KC 9.

My "quote" feature isn't working, but I still wanted to respond to your post.
          Mahomes could very well have made Bieniemy look good...or perhaps Bieniemy helped turn Mahomes into the QB that he is. Mahomes wasn't as polished when he came into the league.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked Shanahan too. I was just saying there were some who questioned him after a Super Bowl debacle, much like some are of Bieniemy.

Yes, the run/pass ratio was very unbalanced. And, I agree, they should have run more. But, it was clear early on that the Chiefs offensive line was outmatched from the start. I don't think it would have made much more of a difference.

I'm simply saying that I'm not writing him off as a potential candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

I think my opinion is based off of realistic observations and not a pessimistic attitude. 4 years of losing records, a very unimpressive head coach, an OC that doesn't show much promise and really hasn't in the past, a QB that showed the typical improvement seen from the average young QB, which didn't help him much since he was doing so bad, and a good memory that unless you have an HOF QB here, you're not much of a consistent threat in the NFL, even when you have a great coach like Shanahan. I realize the changes headed to the team this year. But it's not all positive. I also look at the holes the team is "acquiring", as well as the schedule, which is why I posted a link to it in this thread (since I think it's relevant). BTW, my critical attitude has no bearing on how the Broncos actually do or how much I enjoy the game. And, I enjoy seeing the positive posts, too, especially like Broncolee's. Good for those who can take that attitude! You and Broncolee get thumbs up from me!

I have to agree with this. Sad, but true. Until this team can get the coaching staff figured out, this team will win at most, 7 games

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Mahomes could very well have made Bieniemy look good...or perhaps Bieniemy helped turn Mahomes into the QB that he is. Mahomes wasn't as polished when he came into the league.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked Shanahan too. I was just saying there were some who questioned him after a Super Bowl debacle, much like some are of Bieniemy.

Yes, the run/pass ratio was very unbalanced. And, I agree, they should have run more. But, it was clear early on that the Chiefs offensive line was outmatched from the start. I don't think it would have made much more of a difference.

I don’t think Bieniemy was the OC in Kermt’s first season. He certainly wasn’t the quarterback coach.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Bieniemy has never been a QB coach, he's been an RB coach and an "OC" only. And while he has been Mahomes OC, one just needs to look at Andy Reid's history of having his QBs playing at a very high level to realize Reid probably deserves credit.

Also of note, Eric Bieniemy's contract has run out, and they have yet to agree to an extension. They probably will but Mike Kafka (Patrick Mahomes' QB coach and KCs Passing game Coordinator) is waiting there in the wings.

Comment

Working...
                X