No announcement yet.

Fangio is SI's favorite with 5-1 odds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fangio is SI's favorite with 5-1 odds!

....to be fired this season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-fired-in-2021

If he does botch this year, I hope they shuffle Shurmur out with him.

Well, considering my prediction in the crystal ball thread. I would have to say that SI is wrong.

My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Good DC, bad head coach.

​​​​​​

Comment

Our offense has been horrible since 2015. Not sure if it is fair to put all that on Vic.

Regardless if this team misses the playoffs in 2021 I do not know why Vic would still be here in 2022. TBH if the offense is still struggling and an epic defense carries the team to the playoffs there should still be some kind of coaching purge.

On to the next level of continuous improvement...if we lose a game or two due to bad coaching decisions like we have in the Vic era....even if we make the playoffs maybe he should be fired like how we cleaned house in 2014 playoff year.

I know some posters already have Vic losing his job due to what happened in the past but I personally need to see what happens in 2021.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

The good news is, people can now put their money where their mouth is, no matter which side one is on. Anyone here putting REAL money on Fangio being the first to be fired?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            Well, considering my prediction in the crystal ball thread. I would have to say that SI is wrong.

And your prediction was? Will not be fired, lower odds, higher odds, don't care?

My prediction is Fangio will start the 2021 season (Lock...flip a coin) and if Fangio doesn't get team play to a sound improvement by
            game 5 or sooner...bye bye Coach.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

A John Fox type coach is a stable leader this team needs. He changed the Culture especially with a young batch of talent.

Comment

I am not sure about Fangio, but I am confident about the importance that Paton will play, with support from Elway. The team I see right now, with no significant changes, is a 500 type team. If Lock improves, maybe playoffs. If he does not progress, I see us watching with fingers crossed.

BUT...if Paton puts his stamp on the team with smart maneuvers, not only does Fangio have a better chance, but so do we all, if we are Broncos supporters.

So I see it as a Paton/Elway offseason, and the end result may be a better place for all, or if not well executed, more emphasis on coaching and coordinating and player survival. Paton and Elway aren't going anywhere soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                  A John Fox type coach is a stable leader this team needs. He changed the Culture especially with a young batch of talent.
                  Do you think that was really Fox or more a product of Manning? I kinda always thought it was Manning who changed everything here, and everyone else, at least until 2015, rode his coattails. Fox seemed too easy-going. But, on the other hand, Fangio seems "tough" at the wrong times. I don't agree with the way he publicly talks about players and their performance. I mentioned this before on here, but I'm more of the Gen. Patton style of management...publicly fall on the sword for your people, but behind closed doors, make them fully accountable.

Comment

Do you think that was really Fox or more a product of Manning? I kinda always thought it was Manning who changed everything here, and everyone else, at least until 2015, rode his coattails. Fox seemed too easy-going. But, on the other hand, Fangio seems "tough" at the wrong times. I don't agree with the way he publicly talks about players and their performance. I mentioned this before on here, but I'm more of the Gen. Patton style of management...publicly fall on the sword for your people, but behind closed doors, make them fully accountable.
                    Fox may have seemed easygoing, but one of the criticisms he got from the media is that he would refer to injuries as “ow-ies”. So he wasn’t as easygoing as fans might think.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Fox may have seemed easygoing, but one of the criticisms he got from the media is that he would refer to injuries as “ow-ies”. So he wasn’t as easygoing as fans might think.
                      I'm pretty sure Ju'wuan James had an ow-ie.

Comment

Not sure I want to think about failure in a season that doesn't even start in earnest for another 7 months.
                        At this point I'm still expecting us to win every game

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Not sure I want to think about failure in a season that doesn't even start in earnest for another 7 months.
                          Thumbs up and a Mile High salute for you, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

GMTD, I appreciate and respect your positivity. But can I ask....do you "expect" or did you mean you "hope"? Not my business to question loyalty, but 16 and 0 is one of the rarest things in football, and this team was ok at best last season.

Comment

Fox turned the culture around the year prior with Tebow. He doesn't get enough credit for that and the W against Pitt in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X