Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fangio is SI's favorite with 5-1 odds!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Exactly broncolee but there's also a way to disagree with someone without talking down to them or calling them stupid.

    and dive you talk about history. I've looked up the stats. The player you're pounding the table for is extremely rare. So unless they think that someone in the draft is the guy you don't mortgage the farm for them. And again you just ignore valid questions and say the same thing yet again.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by broncolee View Post

      I don’t think anyone disagrees with your argument other than your draft philosophy.

      One thing the Broncos can’t do, is draft a guy just to draft a guy.

      If they draft a quarterback, it needs to be a guy they believe in and they can’t just automatically draft another one in the first round the next season just because their rookie didn’t perform like an all-pro.
      Yep, what you are referring to works in fantasy football. The thing is I don't think Denver has got it right drafting a QB well really ever. If Denver moves up or takes a QB at #9 I definitely want to see something this year that tells me yes, with some minor tweaking , we have a future winner. If that isn't the case you admit you are wrong again quickly and try a different guy. I like you however do not want to keep playing the "groundhog day movie" with drafting QB's round 1 for 3-4 years in a row.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
        Exactly broncolee but there's also a way to disagree with someone without talking down to them or calling them stupid.

        and dive you talk about history. I've looked up the stats. The player you're pounding the table for is extremely rare. So unless they think that someone in the draft is the guy you don't mortgage the farm for them. And again you just ignore valid questions and say the same thing yet again.
        Yes, they are very rare. So are great QBs. But, your chances of success (aka being a starter in the league) increase the higher you draft. It's not something huge....if I remember those numbers right, they float around the 60% mark, and it drops off significantly as you go deeper in the draft. All I'm saying is since many of us (myself included) are miss more than hit on saying who's going to be the next great QB and who isn't, just play the odds and let the numbers work for you.

        Oh, and I have my stupid moments every day of my life. It's called being human. The sooner we get over that as an absolute truth for every single one of us, the sooner we can take criticism, which is a great thing.

        Comment


        • #64
          History has also said the broncos have never drafted a hof qb. If the success rate is 60% there would be a surplus of qbs. That can't be true. There's a difference between criticism and be littling people. Unfortunately jazz got me back into a conversation with you which is pointless. Like I said earlier you devalue your own opinions. And scrolling past your post is just so much easier than talking to an idiot. See the difference. Calling you an idiot isn't necessary. Thats not criticism. Thats just disrespectful. Just like calling someone's opinion stupid is. It brings nothing to the conversation. Just like getting cocky about what type of finish to use on your windowsill because someone calls you out doesn't either. It shows a lack of maturity. I just found it hilarious that you called someone out for being something that accurately describes you. That was my whole point in this thread.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
            The they is referring to the poster dive instructor which I already said if you care to reread my posts.
            Me and others here MUST reread your posts (usually more than once) because they are weak and nonsensical. Sad....
            Utah Bronco Freak

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

              And don't care. Show up with historical accuracy and facts.

              We have seen that the only time the Broncos have been significant and post season threats was when they had the top QBs. That's not an opinion based on my ego. Prove that statement wrong. History says it's accurate. Also, there's no guarantee going all in to get an HOF QB is going to work. But, the percentages of success early in the first round is better than waiting. That's yet another statement supported by history.


              So, is the expectation an HOF QB will magically fall into their lap? I hear all this talk about building at other positions of need but don't heavily invest in an HOF QB....so the plan is what? How many times are we going to circle the drain with that "policy" before we decide it's not the smart thing to do? I'm attacking that time-proven failure. If you support that approach, I can't help that.
              I believe this forum "newbie" is going to be one of those personality's that only uses his mouth not his ears due to his parents not teaching him / her to listen. Sad....

              Please keep sharing your valuable and great opinions here DI. Quality posting sir.
              Utah Bronco Freak

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
                History has also said the broncos have never drafted a hof qb. If the success rate is 60% there would be a surplus of qbs. That can't be true. There's a difference between criticism and be littling people. Unfortunately jazz got me back into a conversation with you which is pointless. Like I said earlier you devalue your own opinions. And scrolling past your post is just so much easier than talking to an idiot. See the difference. Calling you an idiot isn't necessary. Thats not criticism. Thats just disrespectful. Just like calling someone's opinion stupid is. It brings nothing to the conversation. Just like getting cocky about what type of finish to use on your windowsill because someone calls you out doesn't either. It shows a lack of maturity. I just found it hilarious that you called someone out for being something that accurately describes you. That was my whole point in this thread.
                Ongoing lameness.
                Utah Bronco Freak

                Comment


                • #68
                  Lol cheers sir I'm definitely not the only one that has these viewpoints enjoy retirement.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Jazz see new Jesse thread hahaha

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
                      Lol cheers sir I'm definitely not the only one that has these viewpoints enjoy retirement.
                      So what? Finding others who agree with someone's opinion isn't all that hard in that there is approximately 328+ million people in the USA.
                      There's people who believe the earth is flat, we never landed on the moon, full moon makes some people crazy or commit crimes, bigfoot exists, etc.
                      All are totally false and lame. Just because others agree with you doesn't automatically mean you're correct....they just agree with you. So what?

                      In the famous words of Sargent Joe Friday (Dragnet), "Just the facts mam." And please don't get me started on bigfoot....super lame!

                      And I am very much enjoying retirement...Thank you!
                      Last edited by jazzbodog; 02-18-2021, 03:42 PM.
                      Utah Bronco Freak

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X