• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Bolles made All Pro team in 2020

ESPN article in another page listed Bolles as top 10 OL in percentage of plays won.

So in 2020 I think yes....Bolles was better.
    That is Awesome !!!

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Is it true he didn't allow a single sack last year?!?!?

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/sta...19680534667264
    If you'd spent time out of the loop and saw this statistic, you'd assume his holding skyrocketed.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Is it true he didn't allow a single sack last year?!?!?

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/sta...19680534667264
    Last edited by JvDub95; 02-17-2021, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    I’ll be happy for Bolles. He put up with a lot of crap here. Most of it earned and well deserved.

But love his sense of humor and his perseverance. Respect to you big man.

As for the “ which is better” discussion. Both are talented.

I prefer the hypothetical of “what if you switched their situations” ? How would Bolles had done on a better team with different expectations, Coaches, stability with his talented teammates and a HOF QB.

Conversely, how would Ramcyzk have succeeded with the revolving door of coaches, systems, teammates and QBs this hot mess of an offense has been trotting out the last several seasons?

The value of a player being put into position to succeed should not be overlooked.
    very true

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    I’ll be happy for Bolles. He put up with a lot of crap here. Most of it earned and well deserved.

But love his sense of humor and his perseverance. Respect to you big man.

As for the “ which is better” discussion. Both are talented.

I prefer the hypothetical of “what if you switched their situations” ? How would Bolles had done on a better team with different expectations, Coaches, stability with his talented teammates and a HOF QB.

Conversely, how would Ramcyzk have succeeded with the revolving door of coaches, systems, teammates and QBs this hot mess of an offense has been trotting out the last several seasons?

The value of a player being put into position to succeed should not be overlooked.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

The question is now is Bolles now better than Ram?
    Bolles made All Pro team in 2020

ESPN article in another page listed Bolles as top 10 OL in percentage of plays won.

So in 2020 I think yes....Bolles was better.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post

well if people had considered his limited experience playing in college it wasnt a hard thing to understand he needed coaching and time to let him develop...some here expect instant probowl status
    Yeah, we heard. First round picks are usually expected to positively contribute their first year. Ramczyk did. Many here wanted him instead of Bolles. Ramczyk's career so far reflects that of a first round OT pick. Bolles' doesn't

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied

Hard to say. Ram started as a LT in his rookie year to cover an injury and did well, before being moved to RT once the established vet came back, where he also did well. So it looks like Ram was pro ready from the very beginning and who knows how he'd be playing right now with Munchak as his coach.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    classic...great sense of humor!

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I just wanted him to be better than Ramczyk because that's who we passed on to get him. He wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post

well if people had considered his limited experience playing in college it wasnt a hard thing to understand he needed coaching and time to let him develop...some here expect instant probowl status
    I just wanted him to be better than Ramczyk because that's who we passed on to get him. He wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
    That is funny. Sure would've applied last year! Crazy how Bolles' technique all of a sudden got decent. He was consistently horrible at dropping his hands and turning his hips perpendicular to the line of scrimmage for 3 years, and all of a sudden this year he looks like an NFL tackle. Who knew? I gave up on the guy.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied

EPIC !!!! I knew getting Mike Munchak was a Great Hire !! Mike will have this O-Line looking it's best in 2021 Denver just might even have 1 of the Best O-Lines in the NFL in 2021 and that is crazy to say because forever in a day Denver's O-Line was the worst LOL.
    Love the optimism, for sure. I have hope for the o-line, but top 5, even top 10 as a unit needs a lot to go right.25th best line at end of 2020

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2...-line-rankings

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

EPIC !!!! I knew getting Mike Munchak was a Great Hire !! Mike will have this O-Line looking it's best in 2021 Denver just might even have 1 of the Best O-Lines in the NFL in 2021 and that is crazy to say because forever in a day Denver's O-Line was the worst LOL.
    Let’s just hope the next head coach keeps Munchak.

If Fangio is lucky, there won’t be one for a while.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    He posted

To: Broncos Country Happy Valentine’s Day! Glad I can laugh at this now (crying happy face)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X