Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Palmer on what QBs the broncos may look at grabbing

https://www.nfl.com/videos/palmer-re...2021-offseason

gonna go hard if we can Watson or Wilson. but not really interested in any other one. sounds about right on for a FA QB.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'm hoping we start seeing some sort of plan for the Broncos. Post Manning, the only thing I can really see is a conservative approach building the team. They've been signing FA's on the cheap hoping either coming here makes them improve, or that their past behavior or injury history won't surface while here. In the draft, their risk approach only happens deeper in the draft, when it becomes less and less likely to find success. When it comes to early draft picks, they go conservative with the BPA approach.

Since they didn't really chase Stafford, I'm hoping that's a sign Paton is going to abandon that approach. If you're going to pay for it, don't pay big for a guy you're hoping will change (like Flacco). Got my fingers crossed for Paton to be the change the team needs to be significant again.

Comment

Im telling you, the guys Watson.

A deals in place but Houstons must be dragging their feet trying to see if they can salvage a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
        I'm hoping we start seeing some sort of plan for the Broncos. Post Manning, the only thing I can really see is a conservative approach building the team. They've been signing FA's on the cheap hoping either coming here makes them improve, or that their past behavior or injury history won't surface while here. In the draft, their risk approach only happens deeper in the draft, when it becomes less and less likely to find success. When it comes to early draft picks, they go conservative with the BPA approach.

Since they didn't really chase Stafford, I'm hoping that's a sign Paton is going to abandon that approach. If you're going to pay for it, don't pay big for a guy you're hoping will change (like Flacco). Got my fingers crossed for Paton to be the change the team needs to be significant again.
        how does this have anything to do with video or thread. it seems like your just *****ing about how the team has ran.

also I don't get how offering our first round pick this year is not chasing Stafford?
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

how does this have anything to do with video or thread. it seems like your just *****ing about how the team has ran.

also I don't get how offering our first round pick this year is not chasing Stafford?
          I was supporting you saying go hard for Watson or Wilson, and that the others weren't worth it. I should've been more eloquent. And, I believe they offered Lock in that "trade". Uh, offering the worst QB in the league is basically saying, sure you can have our junk, too.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm in your reply post, though!

Comment

I was supporting you saying go hard for Watson or Wilson, and that the others weren't worth it. I should've been more eloquent. And, I believe they offered Lock in that "trade". Uh, offering the worst QB in the league is basically saying, sure you can have our junk, too.

Lock wasn't the worst rated qb in the league. That belongs to Darnold then followed by Wentz
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Lock wasn't the worst rated qb in the league. That belongs to Darnold then followed by Wentz
              You're right...that makes all of the difference in the world....

Comment

And/or the Broncos have had cashflow issues from not making the playoffs 5 years in a row, as well as not having stadium naming revenue the past season or two...and now no revenue from attendance. Since cash must be deposited in an escrow account within weeks of agreeing to a contract for all guaranteed money to the player, cashflow is essential. Don't confuse profit or equity with cashflow.

My complaint with Elway isn't the price he's paid for the QBs he's brought here. It's how risk-adverse he's been and the QBs he's passed on. Since we had higher picks than the teams that traded for them I assume we could have traded up for either Mahomes or Watson. I totally agree that Elway has been very conservative when it comes to QBs. Some of that may be financial, but not when it comes to a lot of the QB decisions he's made. He's been afraid to pull the trigger and make a big deal for a QB. Moving up to 23/24? to get Paxton Lynch is his biggest deal for a QB.

Comment

from my understanding, they didnt offer lock. theres been a lot of speculation about what was offered. from everything i have seen we offered a first round pick and then backed out when asked for more.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                    Im telling you, the guys Watson.

A deals in place but Houstons must be dragging their feet trying to see if they can salvage a relationship.
                    It's starting to look that way. I never really believed it was possible but I do now.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

It's starting to look that way. I never really believed it was possible but I do now.
                      keep the faith...

Comment

If it does happen, and the stadium opens up, they'll sell out home games AND away games. Go Broncos!!

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

And/or the Broncos have had cashflow issues from not making the playoffs 5 years in a row, as well as not having stadium naming revenue the past season or two...and now no revenue from attendance. Since cash must be deposited in an escrow account within weeks of agreeing to a contract for all guaranteed money to the player, cashflow is essential. Don't confuse profit or equity with cashflow.

My complaint with Elway isn't the price he's paid for the QBs he's brought here. It's how risk-adverse he's been and the QBs he's passed on. Since we had higher picks than the teams that traded for them I assume we could have traded up for either Mahomes or Watson. I totally agree that Elway has been very conservative when it comes to QBs. Some of that may be financial, but not when it comes to a lot of the QB decisions he's made. He's been afraid to pull the trigger and make a big deal for a QB. Moving up to 23/24? to get Paxton Lynch is his biggest deal for a QB.
                          I don't think it is the lack of investing in the QB position - it is that Elway does not seem to know what to look for. Trevor Siemian is the best QB he has drafted, and that is not planned when you draft at the bottom of the 7th round for that player.

Comment

Please Please Please go get Watson Paton, 3 first rounders and some other trash should do the trick.
                            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                              Please Please Please go get Watson Paton, 3 first rounders and some other trash should do the trick.
                              Here's how I see it...lots of other teams can say the same thing. The Jets and Miami both have higher picks than us, as well as two picks this year. They also have Darnold and Tua to offer.

If the Jets or Miami offer 3 #1s and Darnold or Tua. Then consider the Raiders could offer 3 #1s and Carr giving the Texans a decent starting QB and 3 #1s.

We have to beat that. I just don't see a viable deal for Watson. It's a combo of salary cap space and player/draft assets. Watson will take up cap space and we have no drat choices to build a team either. I love Watson but the Texans were 4-12 with him. If we have to give up the team to get him and can't sign FAs because of cap space, how do we build a team? I just don't see how we can beat the other possible offers AND still build a team around Watson.

Comment

Working...
                              X