Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fly Zone 5 Year Reunion! (Video)

https://youtu.be/AAqvBefZQH0

That was seriously so much fun to watch.

Arguably the GREATEST secondary ever, and the bond they had was so contagious!

Would have been fun to see them match up against this Chiefs team today!

Thanks for sharing. I actually listened to this in the office today and that group was fun to listen too for sure. Man No Fly Zone was special and so was that D! Talib is a funny dude!
    sigpic

Comment

Of course! I figured most of you guys are as die hard as I am and have seen it, but it’s seriously so awesome listening to those guys reminiscing!

Roby talking about how he hates not winning now and how terrible Houston is lol.

Them talking about Peyton in training camp that SB season looking like the real Peyton and being shocked at how he looked when the season started. They said Peyton had his own workout/rehab room and the coaches kept it under wraps that he was hurting.

They LOVEDDDDDD that coaching staff. They said they would go to Wade with suggestions and he would utilize them in games. Coaches don’t do that! Hahaha

CLUB 58 shhhhhhhh not gonna talk about Vons house hahaha.

They KNOW they were more dominating than the Legion of Boom because they played man across the board while LOB played zone. They said they could have played zone and it would have fit fine but the LOB def couldn’t have played man across the board.

These guys will be family and connected forever and you can see how much they love each other. Every single one seriously has its own personality.

I miss those guys but we will be back soon!

Comment

Originally posted by No_Fly_Zone50 View Post
        Of course! I figured most of you guys are as die hard as I am and have seen it, but it’s seriously so awesome listening to those guys reminiscing!

Roby talking about how he hates not winning now and how terrible Houston is lol.

Them talking about Peyton in training camp that SB season looking like the real Peyton and being shocked at how he looked when the season started. They said Peyton had his own workout/rehab room and the coaches kept it under wraps that he was hurting.

They LOVEDDDDDD that coaching staff. They said they would go to Wade with suggestions and he would utilize them in games. Coaches don’t do that! Hahaha

CLUB 58 shhhhhhhh not gonna talk about Vons house hahaha.

They KNOW they were more dominating than the Legion of Boom because they played man across the board while LOB played zone. They said they could have played zone and it would have fit fine but the LOB def couldn’t have played man across the board.

These guys will be family and connected forever and you can see how much they love each other. Every single one seriously has its own personality.

I miss those guys but we will be back soon!
        While Manning had struggled the second half of 2014, I 100% believe that the reason the drop-off was so significant in 2015 was that they switched offences. In the previous offense he knew it so inside and out that he just had to look at the D and he knew exactly where all of his receivers were going to be and that allowed him to overcome his skills degrading. But in 2015 because the offense was new to him he'd have to spend the extra half second thinking about things, and that extra time was all that was needed for the defense to make him pay.

Comment

When Robey was talking about Rodgers only having like 70 yards, or whatever it was. Man...you know what my only memory of that game was? Lacy running down the field on their first drive, and TJ Ward turning him into a slinky. Set the tone for that whole game. So much to talk about though. Thanks for posting this. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. I think everybody forgot about Talib poking that dude in the eye though. lol.

We'll be back, because elite secondary play, especially at safety, is what the Broncos do. It'll never be what it was though. The game has changed too much. I think that was the last, truly physical secondary we'll ever see in the NFL, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            When Robey was talking about Rodgers only having like 70 yards, or whatever it was. Man...you know what my only memory of that game was? Lacy running down the field on their first drive, and TJ Ward turning him into a slinky. Set the tone for that whole game. So much to talk about though. Thanks for posting this. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. I think everybody forgot about Talib poking that dude in the eye though. lol.

We'll be back, because elite secondary play, especially at safety, is what the Broncos do. It'll never be what it was though. The game has changed too much. I think that was the last, truly physical secondary we'll ever see in the NFL, unfortunately.
            Talib talking about not knowing who DStew was when he signed and his brother called him and said yooooooo you guys got the OPPOSITE of Rahim Moore, you got another TJ Ward who can get interceptions. Hahhaha I thought that was funny.

Talib is hilarious man. Was cool seeing Strap on there even after his last season playing with the Chargers.

Every single one of them realize just how special that unit was. I mean WADE PHILLIPS leading the attack, with Joe Woods as the unit coach?! Cmonnnnnn

The NFL will NEVERRRRR have a defense hold opposing defenses UNDER 200 passing yards a game. There is just no way.

Talib forgetting Brock Os name hahaha. Just a classic reunion!

DStew is def the outcast but also the glue!
            Last edited by No_Fly_Zone50; 02-19-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I miss that secondary and had not watched that yet. Thank you for posting.
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

https://youtu.be/AAqvBefZQH0

That was seriously so much fun to watch.

Arguably the GREATEST secondary ever, and the bond they had was so contagious!

Would have been fun to see them match up against this Chiefs team today!
                Interesting to hear the dynamics, and at the same time the influence ex. Von has had on the defense.
                Interesting - but Bradley Roby really confirms why I don't want us getting Deshaun Watson - https://youtu.be/AAqvBefZQH0?t=701
                It is just not worth persuing a guy that has star status and cannot bring a team together. It is blatently absurd that you have bickering, infighting and blamegames going on.
                The QB is far and away the most important player on a team and it is his primary responsibility to make sure that the team functions. Sure other plays roles, but thy are not even close in influence and importance.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Interesting to hear the dynamics, and at the same time the influence ex. Von has had on the defense.
                  Interesting - but Bradley Roby really confirms why I don't want us getting Deshaun Watson - https://youtu.be/AAqvBefZQH0?t=701
                  It is just not worth persuing a guy that has star status and cannot bring a team together. It is blatently absurd that you have bickering, infighting and blamegames going on.
                  The QB is far and away the most important player on a team and it is his primary responsibility to make sure that the team functions. Sure other plays roles, but thy are not even close in influence and importance.
                  Look no further than the Broncos during the time your beloved Tebow was here. In 2010 the team was an absolute mess, no leadership anywhere and a coach who seemed to be starting fires everywhere (started in 2009 carried over to 2010) even when Tebow played the final few games that year they were still a mess overall. The Broncos hired Elway and Fox and the culture change started. Then once they put Tebow in and started winning everything started going the right direction and it laid things out for Manning to even consider Denver, which he most certainly wouldn't have done if not for the culture change in 2011.

Houston had an absolute trainwreck at GM/HC the last two years. Very McDaniels like, except McDaniels did a decent job of getting good value in trades. They've got a complete mess in the culture of that team. The most powerful guy in the organization, Jack Easterby, has no credentials to be in that position other than having become close to the owner. The GM they just hired wasn't recommended by the search committees (both the external one they paid for and the internal one) but got his job because Easterby wanted him. That organization is rotten to the core.

A QB, or really any leader, can only do so much when there are so many other things going on that are poisoning the culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Houston had an absolute trainwreck at GM/HC the last two years. Very McDaniels like, except McDaniels did a decent job of getting good value in trades. They've got a complete mess in the culture of that team. The most powerful guy in the organization, Jack Easterby, has no credentials to be in that position other than having become close to the owner. The GM they just hired wasn't recommended by the search committees (both the external one they paid for and the internal one) but got his job because Easterby wanted him. That organization is rotten to the core.

A QB, or really any leader, can only do so much when there are so many other things going on that are poisoning the culture.
                    Yep, 100%. How can one player rally the guys in the locker room when they, and everyone else in the NFL, know that they’re on a sinking ship? Of course they aren’t going to sit back and just lose games, but the job is that much harder when the roster construction is miserable. Most of these guys saw themselves go from leading KC (at one point) in the divisional round of the playoffs the prior season to now being a bottom-3 team in the league. That has to cause some fraction. Watson isn’t responsible for the behavior of every man there, and exemplary leadership alone isn’t going to resolve every dispute or prevent disagreements from flaring up. To say it’s Watson’s job to make sure the team functions is ridiculous. There is a head coach for a reason, lol.
                    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Talib talking about not knowing who DStew was when he signed and his brother called him and said yooooooo you guys got the OPPOSITE of Rahim Moore, you got another TJ Ward who can get interceptions. Hahhaha I thought that was funny.

Talib is hilarious man. Was cool seeing Strap on there even after his last season playing with the Chargers.

Every single one of them realize just how special that unit was. I mean WADE PHILLIPS leading the attack, with Joe Woods as the unit coach?! Cmonnnnnn

The NFL will NEVERRRRR have a defense hold opposing defenses UNDER 200 passing yards a game. There is just no way.

Talib forgetting Brock Os name hahaha. Just a classic reunion!

DStew is def the outcast but also the glue!
                      I actually ran into Rahim at restaurant in Deep Ellum, Dallas right before this past season started. Very nice guy! I saw TJ's reaction and it looked like he felt bad about that comment.
                      sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Look no further than the Broncos during the time your beloved Tebow was here. In 2010 the team was an absolute mess, no leadership anywhere and a coach who seemed to be starting fires everywhere (started in 2009 carried over to 2010) even when Tebow played the final few games that year they were still a mess overall. The Broncos hired Elway and Fox and the culture change started. Then once they put Tebow in and started winning everything started going the right direction and it laid things out for Manning to even consider Denver, which he most certainly wouldn't have done if not for the culture change in 2011.

No doubt the culture changed tremendously in 2011, as it did when Plummer came, when he was replaced by Cutler, initially with Orton/McDaniels in 2009, in the few games Tebow played in 2010 and especially the cohesive team after Tebow started in 2011, the tremendous professionalism that Manning brought....

I don't really get what culture change you saw when Elway/Fox ran the team with Orton at QB and what credit it is you want the hint at there. Results and statistics for the 4½ games Orton played were worse than 2010 and that was after drafting Von and getting Dumerville back. What the team needed was hope and the expectation that we could win when everyone pulled together.
                        We have gone many rounds about Tebow's many strengths and many flaws, and how to evaluate the totality of that into whether the glass was half full or half empty. As ugly as his short passes were, he had an innate ability to connect also with defensive players like Bailey and Von. The 2011 team had a lot of flaws and every good to great QB we meet that year put up 40+ points, but one thing was clear they played as a unit and they did not stop giving 110% until the game was over. Just look at how the 2011 defense changed when Tebow took over - that is what leadership at QB should bring.

What I hear about DW is the polar opposite, and on top of that he has a huge contract, jumps ship and will cost a bundle of picks.

While I don't share his beliefs there is something to be said for a QB that stays at home studying football and bible scriptures rather than being a star visiting clubs and having fun. DW reeks like a Cutler to Bears situation with more downside.

Comment

Not even these guys realized just how many plays the No Fly Zone made in securing wins for the Broncos in 2015.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

No doubt the culture changed tremendously in 2011, as it did when Plummer came, when he was replaced by Cutler, initially with Orton/McDaniels in 2009, in the few games Tebow played in 2010 and especially the cohesive team after Tebow started in 2011, the tremendous professionalism that Manning brought....

I don't really get what culture change you saw when Elway/Fox ran the team with Orton at QB and what credit it is you want the hint at there. Results and statistics for the 4½ games Orton played were worse than 2010 and that was after drafting Von and getting Dumerville back. What the team needed was hope and the expectation that we could win when everyone pulled together.
                            We have gone many rounds about Tebow's many strengths and many flaws, and how to evaluate the totality of that into whether the glass was half full or half empty. As ugly as his short passes were, he had an innate ability to connect also with defensive players like Bailey and Von. The 2011 team had a lot of flaws and every good to great QB we meet that year put up 40+ points, but one thing was clear they played as a unit and they did not stop giving 110% until the game was over. Just look at how the 2011 defense changed when Tebow took over - that is what leadership at QB should bring.

What I hear about DW is the polar opposite, and on top of that he has a huge contract, jumps ship and will cost a bundle of picks.

While I don't share his beliefs there is something to be said for a QB that stays at home studying football and bible scriptures rather than being a star visiting clubs and having fun. DW reeks like a Cutler to Bears situation with more downside.
                            Players wanted to be in Denver to be in Denver to play for Fox/Elway. Remember that the franchise (McDaniels) had completely destroyed the relationship with Champ Bailey, one of the first things Elway did when he was hired was to fix that relationship and re-sign Champ. They also completely revitalized the defense, which was as bad as any Broncos D in team history in 2010. In 2011 they were middle of the road in stats, however thy were able to keep the team in games until Tebow turned into a QB for the last 5-10 minutes of the game. By 2012 they were statistically equal to the 2015 defense. Oh and those first 4.5 games, in the first 3 the Broncos won one and lost the other two by one score. The team was showing an obvious effort that was missing in 2010. Yes they were blown out by GB and SD, but both of those teams were considerably better than Denver at that point. The TEAM got better as the season went on.

Without John Elway and John Fox completely changing the culture, Manning doesn't even consider the Broncos. And without that culture change Tebow probably doesn't have the success he did.

One QB can have a big effect when put in the right culture.

Comment

That was such a great video to watch. Loved listening to the NFZ players talking about their own experiences of that year.

I’ve tried explaining to my neighbor just how amazing that defense was but if you weren’t a fan you just can’t understand.

I want it back.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X