No Fly Zone 5 Year Reunion! (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    That was such a great video to watch. Loved listening to the NFZ players talking about their own experiences of that year.

I’ve tried explaining to my neighbor just how amazing that defense was but if you weren’t a fan you just can’t understand.

I want it back.
    Us as Broncos fans have seen a lot of special things. I was born 1980 and watched Elway, The Drive, our SB appearances. Seen the play of Champ, Sharpe, Rod and Eddie. Watched TD bring the Mile High salute and 2000 yards. My inaugural season tickets season was filled with Tebow magic. PFM! Von dominating the playoffs! Our Super Bowl wins! The No Fly Zone! Man...we are blessed in the football sports world. Here’s to Denver, here’s to the Orange and Blue coming back!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Players wanted to be in Denver to be in Denver to play for Fox/Elway. Remember that the franchise (McDaniels) had completely destroyed the relationship with Champ Bailey, one of the first things Elway did when he was hired was to fix that relationship and re-sign Champ. They also completely revitalized the defense, which was as bad as any Broncos D in team history in 2010. In 2011 they were middle of the road in stats, however thy were able to keep the team in games until Tebow turned into a QB for the last 5-10 minutes of the game. By 2012 they were statistically equal to the 2015 defense. Oh and those first 4.5 games, in the first 3 the Broncos won one and lost the other two by one score. The team was showing an obvious effort that was missing in 2010. Yes they were blown out by GB and SD, but both of those teams were considerably better than Denver at that point. The TEAM got better as the season went on.

Without John Elway and John Fox completely changing the culture, Manning doesn't even consider the Broncos. And without that culture change Tebow probably doesn't have the success he did.

One QB can have a big effect when put in the right culture.
      Now we are talking that players wanted to come and play for Fox/Elway in 2011.
      Who exactly on this list is it that chose to come and play for Fox/Elway, that other teams were in hot pursuit of?
      While I liked Fells and McGahee I don't really think that they would have refused pay checks from other teams, and in reality I thought that Correll Buckhalter in the last three games of 2010 was a better complimentary player for screen plays etc than Willis, though McGahee ran tough.

WR David Anderson Houston Texans signed July 30,[57] waived September 3[36]
      LS David Binn San Diego Chargers signed January 13, 2012,[54] on final roster
      LB Alvin Bowen Jacksonville Jaguars signed August 15,[45] waived September 3[36]
      S Rafael Bush Atlanta Falcons signed October 17,[58] on final roster
      CB Tony Carter Practice squad player promoted to the active roster on December 13,[46]
      on final roster
      WR/RS Quan Cosby Cincinnati Bengals signed September 20,[59] waived December 27[53]
      TE Daniel Fells St. Louis Rams signed August 1,[52] on final roster
      RB C. J. Gable New Orleans Saints signed August 6,[47] waived August 29[17]
      DE Derrick Harvey Jacksonville Jaguars signed August 1,[52] on final roster
      OT Tony Hills Pittsburgh Steelers signed September 6,[18] on final roster
      LB Brian Iwuh Chicago Bears signed January 3, 2012,[60] on final roster
      RB Jeremiah Johnson Practice squad player promoted to the active roster on September 16,[61]
      waived September 20,[59]
      promoted to the active roster on November 14,[62]
      on final roster
      FB Quinn Johnson Tennessee Titans signed October 10,[63] waived December 17[64]
      S Kyle McCarthy Practice squad player promoted to the active roster on November 28,[34]
      waived December 13,[46]
      promoted to the active roster on December 17,[64]
      waived January 3, 2012[60]
      RB Willis McGahee Baltimore Ravens signed July 31,[65] on final roster
      WR Greg Orton Spokane Shock (AFL) signed August 13,[44] waived September 3[36]
      DT DeMario Pressley Houston Texans signed August 17,[66] waived September 3[36]
      TE Dante Rosario Carolina Panthers signed August 1,[56] released September 3,[36]
      re-signed September 22,[33] on final roster
      DT Ty Warren New England Patriots signed August 2,[67]
      placed on injured reserve September 17[68]
      CB Jonathan Wilhite New England Patriots signed September 4,[48] on final roster

Comment

Ware
        Sanders
        Talib
        TJ Ward

Was interesting how Ware and Talib were on the same flight to Denver

Stewart was post Fox but since this whole thread supposed to be about the No Fly Zone lets include him too.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Shiz View Post

Us as Broncos fans have seen a lot of special things. I was born 1980 and watched Elway, The Drive, our SB appearances. Seen the play of Champ, Sharpe, Rod and Eddie. Watched TD bring the Mile High salute and 2000 yards. My inaugural season tickets season was filled with Tebow magic. PFM! Von dominating the playoffs! Our Super Bowl wins! The No Fly Zone! Man...we are blessed in the football sports world. Here’s to Denver, here’s to the Orange and Blue coming back!
          It is so true and even in the down years - post Elway before Plummer we were competitive, the Cutler years we were close enough and could tell ourselves that if just...., 2009 with Orton/McDaniels - pretty interesting - and right there... Tebow mania, PFM, Siemian that was much better than anyone expected..... forget the past 4 years

Comment

That was for sure a special year. But whenever I think of Talib, I think first of him shooting himself (I'm a responsible gun owner/user since I was brought up hunting as a young boy), and I just have to laugh about how moronic that was. Fortunately it didn't spill over into something worse.

I wonder if it'll be another 20 or more years before we see some team's defense dominate like that through an SB run? 2015 sure was a strange year....

Comment

Working...
            X