Which back-up would YOU rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which back-up would YOU rather have?

I think the title of the post says it all. What do you guys think. IF you had the choice, which one would you take as our backup? Which one do you guys feel would be the BEST for us if Plummer goes down?
    Stewart
    27.12%
    Collins
    25.42%
    Brees
    22.03%
    Kanell
    3.39%
    Mauck
    6.78%
    Van Pelt
    10.17%
    other
    5.08%

Brees will be a great #2 but as starter he is not the guy.....

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Originally posted by Helderht_
      Brees will be a great #2 but as starter he is not the guy.....

hence the (who would you want as a backup) brees is a good Qb you could see that in 2002 hes just getting ruined by SD ,,he would be a great back up. brees has got great skills and would be a benifit to another team with a good system
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I agree. Idon't think Brees was the problem in SD at all. I think he COULD be a decent starter if he had SOME help around him (meaning and offensive line and a WR or two to throw to. I know he had LT).

But considering his talent, I think he would be a GREAT fit here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          I agree. Idon't think Brees was the problem in SD at all. I think he COULD be a decent starter if he had SOME help around him (meaning and offensive line and a WR or two to throw to. I know he had LT).

But considering his talent, I think he would be a GREAT fit here.
          The question is: would he take the number 2 positon? Would he start a quarterback controversy here? We don't need that.

I still like Van Pelt.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

It is a difficult choice. I had to pick Collins because he is the best QB of the bunch but Im almost sure he would start a controversy because he is in fact that good. Tough choice to make.

Comment

I think if we get Brees, then we should get rid of Plummer, although I think Van Pelt is the best bet for a backup, Brees can start somewhere else and be effective. Marty ruins QB's, especially the young ones.
              I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ghost
                I think if we get Brees, then we should get rid of Plummer, although I think Van Pelt is the best bet for a backup, Brees can start somewhere else and be effective. Marty ruins QB's, especially the young ones.

Get rid of Plummer? Are you kidding me? Why in the hell would we do something that stupid?

Comment

Anyone ever consider Doug Flutie? I think he'd be great for our offense. He can run those bootlegs and he's a playmaker. If he was on the Broncos, Im sure Shanny would have some good plays for him to run. He doesn't look like he's aged at all.

Comment

I'm all for bring Gus Ferotte back.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                      Get rid of Plummer? Are you kidding me? Why in the hell would we do something that stupid?
                      Well, someone mentioned bringing in Brees, I feel that if you're going to bring him, he should be a starter somewhere, so that person is telling me they want Plummer gone, Brees is as good as Plummer, they're the same type of QB.
                      I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

Comment

Well, someone mentioned bringing in Brees, I feel that if you're going to bring him, he should be a starter somewhere, so that person is telling me they want Plummer gone, Brees is as good as Plummer, they're the same type of QB.
                        the thread was who we want for a backup? and brees is my choise, just cause we want a good back up that can start in the nfl doesnt mean we want to replace plummer,, in your logic we might as well keep kanell cause hes not good enuff to start
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

If you mean they are the same type in that they both have 2 arms, 2 legs and all their fingers then yes your right but apart from that, they are nothing alike.

Comment

I didnt vote for anyone in particular but, wanted to say that Denver should try to aquire Mike McMahon from the Lions...I just read that he was almost dealt to the Browns on Draft day but, the trade fell apart...With the Lions basically not wanting him anymore, Denver should try to trade or sign him if they get the chance...I'd take him over any of those guys mentioned in the POLL...thats just me though...

Comment

Originally posted by CB-Champ24
                              I didnt vote for anyone in particular but, wanted to say that Denver should try to aquire Mike McMahon from the Lions...I just read that he was almost dealt to the Browns on Draft day but, the trade fell apart...With the Lions basically not wanting him anymore, Denver should try to trade or sign him if they get the chance...I'd take him over any of those guys mentioned in the POLL...thats just me though...
                              Good choice. I don't understand why Brees is even brought up on this poll, both him and Warner can start somewhere else, that's like saying "let's bring in Tim Couch" as our backup. Couch can start somewhere else, he doesn't have to resort to backing up.

Comment

Working...
                              X