No announcement yet.

Which back-up would YOU rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THey DO have to resort to backing up somewhere though. McMahan was signed to a bigger contract extension earlier this year with the Lions. COUCH, so far, is most likely going to sign up with the Packers.. as a BACKUP to Favre. Favre signed a contract that showed he will most probably play 2 more years. What teams right now NEED a starting QB??

Brees is NOT as good as Plummer...at least he hasn't shown it yet... and they certainly are not the 'same' type of QB. I don 't know how you get that. Bringing Brees or Collins in to be a backup would just make sense considering we lost some important games last year with our back-up in the lineup.

I know Collins is the best of the bunch on the list, But I know he's not the type of QB that can run the offense the way Mike likes to run it... so I don't think he could/would start a controversy. I think if you bring ANY quality QB in, that QB always has his name mentioned IF the starter has a couple bad games, thats just the nature of the beast and the fans. But I would rather have a GOOD back-up to 'mention' than have another year with Kanell and be SCARED to DEATH if Plummer goes down.

We can NOT afford to let a rookie be our back-up. It won't happen. Mike will bring a Veteran in. I think that is why we haven't signed a vet yet, because we know there are going to be some available. Brees, Collins, Couch (though he will sign in GB), Stewart... we will have a CALIBER back-up, and not some rookie. Mike sees those three games lost as games that slipped through our fingers, and won't let a Kanell or a rookie be the man in the huddle if a back-up is needed.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 05-05-2004, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Brees is by far the best choice for Denver. Brees has started against other AFC teams such as the chiefs and Raiders. That experience alone would be a great asset to our team. I liked what jake did last season (only one season keep in mind) we sucked with out him... Brees would be a adequate backup and also at the same time be a vision for our future. Brees is young and I think he would be our best pickup besides Champ this off season... just my two cents

Comment

Kerry Collins is a fair choice.

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
        Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ghost
          I think if we get Brees, then we should get rid of Plummer, although I think Van Pelt is the best bet for a backup, Brees can start somewhere else and be effective. Marty ruins QB's, especially the young ones.
          Dude you are smoking some good [email protected]#!!! plummer is the best thing we have going for us. when he plays, the D never knows whats coming at them.
          Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think Stewart would be the best fit for our style of offence, although I had to chuckle, then think maybe with the Flutie suggestion. But back to Stewart, he's athletic, got good size & a good arm. OK his decision making's not been brilliant, but the same things were being said about Jake, and Shanahan & Kubiak have done alright with him. I'd like to see if they can do the same with Kordell.

I thought this article, which was posted on another thread yesterday is quite interesting:

Kordell wants chance

How much you willing to bet that Shannon's been bending Kordell's ear about what a great place Denver is, and that he'll then spend minicamp bending Mike's ear about what a great guy Kordell is?

My gut feeling is that he'll either end up here or Buffalo with Mularkey.
            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Whats the criteria? If finances and being realistic is involved, I sign Jeff Blake if I'm the Broncos.

Comment

I'd say Collins, although he probably wont settle for being a back up, he'd be the best choice on that list. Brees would be great too, and I hate SD for ruining every good player they touch.

Comment

I'd take Kordell. I think he is a really capable back-up, besides, look what he did to us last year. I think he would be a great fit in Denver.

Comment

i dont ever reallisticly see collins coming to denver....... he would cost way too much and expect a chance at starting, which will not happen,,, brees is good,, just screwed up by sd and is young, has been a backup, has set on the bench, and would not expect to run for the starting job, if he comes he knows his place as a back up to plummer, and to be ready to take over the team if needed
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Jeff Blake? The only thing Jeff Blake can do is throw the long ball... I don't see us hitting the 'bomb' very often. If I had the choice, it would be Brees I think. Not because we would be grooming him to be the heir after Plummer, because that would be silly. I think Brees is a little more mobile than Collins, but Collins has proven to be one of the better passers in the NFL. I would be THRILLED with either one of them. I think that Shanahan is thinking something too, otherwise the signing of Kordell would be a done deal by now. He's waiting to see what else is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        I would be THRILLED with either one of them. I think that Shanahan is thinking something too, otherwise the signing of Kordell would be a done deal by now. He's waiting to see what else is out there.
                        I think the reason they havent gone after anyone is they cant. Until the june first release's we only have like 300k available.

Comment

we could have a tender offer with Kordell. Kordell is cut and available.

Comment

Re: Which back-up would YOU rather have?

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                            I think the title of the post says it all. What do you guys think. IF you had the choice, which one would you take as our backup? Which one do you guys feel would be the BEST for us if Plummer goes down?
                            Kordell.
                            sigpic

Comment

At the moment we couldn't offer Kordell $h1t. Unless he came in on a minimum like Hearst did, until we create some cap room, ie getting shot of Gardner (at last), we haven't got the funds. I wouldn't put it past Shanny to get Shannon to have a word in Kordell's ear though. BTW, is this work out a new thing or have Kordell & Shannon worked out together before?
                              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

I think they were just throwing the ball around since they were both in the same spot

Comment

Working...
                                X