Xavien Howard on Jerry Jeudy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavien Howard on Jerry Jeudy

Chris Collinsworth had Xavien Howard and Richard Sherman on his podcast and briefly mentioned Jerry Jeudy. He talks about him @ 38:29.

sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post
    Chris Collinsworth had Xavien Howard and Richard Sherman on his podcast and briefly mentioned Jerry Jeudy. He talks about him @ 38:29.

Thank You.

Comment

His route-running was never in doubt; I just hope he can be more consistent catching the football in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
        His route-running was never in doubt; I just hope he can be more consistent catching the football in the future.
        He better step it up "big time" going forward or he could be kicking the proverbial turd down the "got traded road" in the near future.

As long as the passes are accurate, Lock / Broncos can't afford to have a "butter fingers" player on the roster.
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Why the heck don't they sign Tim Patrick? The guy's been nothing but solid aside from his hand injury. And, last season he dropped no passes.

Comment

Thx for this. Impressive how Howard took the time to mention Jeudy, and his first step(s). That's a good sign, because the other guy they mention is Adams, a proven stud....but how his first steps are amazing. Adams uses his lower legs/feet as good as anyone in the league, probably the best, and he has good hands of course. BUT, Adams was not a sure handed receiver in his earlier years, and I used to wonder if he'd ever be more than the 3rd receiver on the field. Clearly he is now one of the very elite, so this might bode well for Jeudy, who will definitely be working on his ability to catch the ball...unless he is not listening to the critiques/coaches (and everyone else).

I learned at a pretty young age that I was never going to be fast....so I worked on my moves, whether it be feet/leg originated, or with other parts of the body. I also worked on catching. So yes, I would never be the one to outrun a defender, but I could get open, (and even get open long) and with the extra work, I could catch. One compliment I remember is that I had great ankles! Jeudy has signs of being an elite player given his ability to get open, and he can run, so there's the one other aspect we all talk about that can be cleaned up. Start with the basics of receiving a ball, and gradually move up the speed/difficulty scale.

OR.....try him out as a CB!!!

(Or maybe a QB????)
            Last edited by CanDB; 02-26-2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
              Why the heck don't they sign Tim Patrick? The guy's been nothing but solid aside from his hand injury. And, last season he dropped no passes.
              He’s a RFA so he’ll likely be on the team next season. Although I do expect him to be dangled on the trading block. An interesting albeit far fetched scenario would be putting him in a package for Orlando Brown and paying him LT money to play on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

He’s a RFA so he’ll likely be on the team next season. Although I do expect him to be dangled on the trading block. An interesting albeit far fetched scenario would be putting him in a package for Orlando Brown and paying him LT money to play on the right.
                They should just sign the bird they have in the hand, instead of trying to be smarter than everyone else and chasing the two birds in the bush. Player signings here since Pat's been gone have been a dumpster fire. They let a few good players go, reach with a contract on some junk (aka James and Flaccid) in panic moves, and wonder why the team is doing so poorly. Just sign Patrick now for decent (not ridiculous) money, and put together a plan to fill that RT slot. The Broncos have plenty of cap space to bring in solid guys and not something "amazing" but high risk, like James and Flaccid.

Comment

They should just sign the bird they have in the hand, instead of trying to be smarter than everyone else and chasing the two birds in the bush. Player signings here since Pat's been gone have been a dumpster fire. They let a few good players go, reach with a contract on some junk (aka James and Flaccid) in panic moves, and wonder why the team is doing so poorly. Just sign Patrick now for decent (not ridiculous) money, and put together a plan to fill that RT slot. The Broncos have plenty of cap space to bring in solid guys and not something "amazing" but high risk, like James and Flaccid.
                  Yes but he’s probably the 3rd WR, at best 2nd next year but he’s definitely not in the plans to be that high on depth chart for long. He’s unfortunately caught in a numbers game here and he knows it, I doubt he’d even want to resign here knowing that he has to hold off a 1st and 2nd round pick that have vastly different skill sets than his which resembles the skill set of our top WR in Sutton. Not to mention Cleveland who showed a bit in week 17 and offers special teams value. They’ll tender him and likely keep him long enough for Sutton to show that he’s fine after the ACL injury and then try to get some compensation for him before he walks.

It’s a shame because he’s a very good player when he’s healthy.

Comment

they aint going to pay bolles his starter Lt money, james his starting OT money and then brown starting LT money
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

they aint going to pay bolles his starter Lt money, james his starting OT money and then brown starting LT money
                      Well Bolles is cheap next year, only a 5 mil cap hit, and we can cut James after next season so we’d never really be paying 3 guys starting OT money. Plus we have a lot of cap space currently after the release of Bouye and Casey. And with the cap being higher than initial projections we’re sitting in a pretty good place. Only issue is, does Brown really want to play LT or does he just want to be paid like one?

I admit it’s far fetched, but I like the idea of being set with bookend tackles.

Comment

Actually glad some players believe Jeudy has elite route running skills. One of the reasons it was so frustrating to see the drops is that he was so wide open on several of them. Of course unless he double teamed, Jerry Jeudy is open a lot of the time. The Drops will go down next year, hopefully significantly.

Comment

Well Bolles is cheap next year, only a 5 mil cap hit, and we can cut James after next season so we’d never really be paying 3 guys starting OT money. Plus we have a lot of cap space currently after the release of Bouye and Casey. And with the cap being higher than initial projections we’re sitting in a pretty good place. Only issue is, does Brown really want to play LT or does he just want to be paid like one?

I admit it’s far fetched, but I like the idea of being set with bookend tackles.
                          Money isn't a problem with the Broncos. They've kept their cap space in the black. In fact, that might be part of their problem. Look at what other teams are there alongside the Broncos in positive cap space:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Pretty much the worst in the league. Look at the other end of teams that operate in the red, and what do you see? Many of the top contenders. You get what you pay for, even in the NFL.

That said, Patrick's the bird in the hand. He's proven himself a strong, capable player at the WR position. Jeudy and Hamler haven't. I'd pay for Patrick and let Jeudy and Hamler earn their way to contracts, which they don't have to worry about for a few years anyway.

Comment

Money isn't a problem with the Broncos. They've kept their cap space in the black. In fact, that might be part of their problem. Look at what other teams are there alongside the Broncos in positive cap space:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Pretty much the worst in the league. Look at the other end of teams that operate in the red, and what do you see? Many of the top contenders. You get what you pay for, even in the NFL.

That said, Patrick's the bird in the hand. He's proven himself a strong, capable player at the WR position. Jeudy and Hamler haven't. I'd pay for Patrick and let Jeudy and Hamler earn their way to contracts, which they don't have to worry about for a few years anyway.
                            I agree. As of right now we have Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, and Hamler looking like NFL players at the WR position. Patrick stepped up last year. They should be making the effort to sign him on for a few years.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

why would he demand a trade to play LT and then just move back to the right. seems like a pipe dream at best.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X