Xavien Howard on Jerry Jeudy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Well, let's look at this offseason alone. Who do you want to re-sign? Say we have the 43 or so to play with. Simmons is 14 per, the tender on AJ is 3.5 (re-signed is probably around 10) and, assuming the other teams still don't think Shelby is all that, let's call it 5. Then, we can say that Simmons is structured to lower the '21 cap hit. So, let's just say that keeping those three around will be a floor of around 20. If we're tendering Patrick, there's another 3.5. Lindsay is another 3.5. One of our right tackles is another 1-2. Then, we have the rookies (10+), followed by depth signings. So, what I'm saying is, where is he supposed to splurge? We have guys who we can cut like Vannett, Driskel, and Hamilton to save a little, but not a lot. If we do cut Vannett, we have to make decisions on Butt and Fumagalli. Conversely, we can cut Jackson, but then we're down a starting safety. A lot of people here think Parks, who also needs to be re-signed, can step in seamlessly for him, but I don't.
    First, they have more than $43M to play with.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

There are 12 teams in the red. Of those 12, 7 are good enough to have been in the post season chase.

But, if we stick with the $43M.....it all depends on what the Broncos strategy is. Working this based only on player and cap space is stupid. So is planning only for the next year. The Broncos "strategic" thought has been piss poor.

What's the goal? Is it bring in Watson to improve the offense for years to come? If so, Simmons probably has to go and they'd have to find "economical" players on defense. So, the defense would suffer somewhat. The money would be better spent in that scenario on offense.

If Watson isn't realistic (I don't believe he is this year), then what's the plan for the future (and not just this year)? That "win with defense" thing? Ok, then you maybe keep Simmons and even pay him that extra $2M to sign a contract. Same with AJ. Might even keep Miller with the hopes that you can buy enough very good defensive players to make a run while Miller is here alongside Chubb. Then, hope the speculation on the offense will get better this year is true and there's enough to pull itself out of the bottom of the league.

There are many more scenarios. My personal one isn't one of the two I've mentioned, btw. But, it's close to the defense approach I mentioned, with one added twist that they move up in the draft to grab one of the best QB's and use their 2nd pick for someone who might be able to play RT. The future doesn't look rosy to get a good QB in here if they go 7-9 and won't be in the top 10 drafting for another 4 years. Might as well use this draft as an opportunity to try to get that guy. What surprises me is Elway didn't realize how important the QB was even after watching the Broncos slide to middle of the league play after he left, and how much of a difference Manning made while he was here.

There's plenty of money to work with, provided the Broncos actually have it. I'm not sure if they do, considering how tight they've been with their finances.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

First, they have more than $43M to play with.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

There are 12 teams in the red. Of those 12, 7 are good enough to have been in the post season chase.

But, if we stick with the $43M.....it all depends on what the Broncos strategy is. Working this based only on player and cap space is stupid. So is planning only for the next year. The Broncos "strategic" thought has been piss poor.

What's the goal? Is it bring in Watson to improve the offense for years to come? If so, Simmons probably has to go and they'd have to find "economical" players on defense. So, the defense would suffer somewhat. The money would be better spent in that scenario on offense.

If Watson isn't realistic (I don't believe he is this year), then what's the plan for the future (and not just this year)? That "win with defense" thing? Ok, then you maybe keep Simmons and even pay him that extra $2M to sign a contract. Same with AJ. Might even keep Miller with the hopes that you can buy enough very good defensive players to make a run while Miller is here alongside Chubb. Then, hope the speculation on the offense will get better this year is true and there's enough to pull itself out of the bottom of the league.

There are many more scenarios. My personal one isn't one of the two I've mentioned, btw. But, it's close to the defense approach I mentioned, with one added twist that they move up in the draft to grab one of the best QB's and use their 2nd pick for someone who might be able to play RT. The future doesn't look rosy to get a good QB in here if they go 7-9 and won't be in the top 10 drafting for another 4 years. Might as well use this draft as an opportunity to try to get that guy. What surprises me is Elway didn't realize how important the QB was even after watching the Broncos slide to middle of the league play after he left, and how much of a difference Manning made while he was here.

There's plenty of money to work with, provided the Broncos actually have it. I'm not sure if they do, considering how tight they've been with their finances.

Well play it out. I'm not disagreeing with your philosophy, but how does it play out? Who are you bringing back this year? What picks are you giving up to get Fields or Wilson? If you spend your next pick on a RT, who will likely sit behind James this season, when is your next pick going to be, and what positions, like CB, need to be addressed? In other words, if you give away 9 and 40, and take a T at 71, you're getting a corner in the 4th round. So, then you have to think that maybe we should try to bring Bouye back if he will re-sign on the cheap. Or, we have to find FA value somewhere. Unless, of course, we find a diamond in the rough in the 4th round, trade back up, or trade for one.

And I know you want to sign Patrick long term, so next year we need to make decisions on Von, Gordon, Callahan, Sutton, Johnson, Lindsay, Chubb, and Jackson.

I'm not against trading up, but it's going to be expensive given what the market is for a quarterback right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Jerry needs to work on his ball skills. That is on him.

IMO the Broncos offensive coaching need to work on how they use Jerry. After we drafted Jerry I watched tons of his highlights and immediately realized how his route running could put him on the same level as Welker / Edelman / Stokes....but Jerry has way better physical tools than all them. I saw scary few plays ran all season that actually allowed Jerry to take advantage of his skillsets.

It is not just Jerry....in general our offensive game plans and plays seemed to have little thought about the skill sets of the 2020 Broncos and more to do with other players Shurmur has used in his previous teams.

It got slightly better as the season went on but it was obvious to me the lack of preparation going on before the games because I have seen good coaches make better adjustments during a 2 game stretch than Shurmur made over the course of a whole season.

Losing Sutton for the year screwed us pretty badly and the passing game was already going to be sketchy with a new OC, not enough time with the players to get the new Offense up to speed, and trying to slip a couple of raw rookies into the lineup. And then Jeudy got the yips for some reason so we all got to witness and join in on the frustration of his sudden impotence. He did bounce back somewhat though. We should get a better O this next season.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Losing Sutton for the year screwed us pretty badly and the passing game was already going to be sketchy with a new OC, not enough time with the players to get the new Offense up to speed, and trying to slip a couple of raw rookies into the lineup. And then Jeudy got the yips for some reason so we all got to witness and join in on the frustration of his sudden impotence. He did bounce back somewhat though. We should get a better O this next season.
          I think with the young players getting a year older we should have a better offense in 2021 just by natural progression. As long as Shurmur is the top mind on the offense it will have a lower ceiling than if we have a really good vet QB or better offensive coach.

My best hope is our QB play goes to the next level some how and Shurmur gets hired as a HC to another team in 2022
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I think with the young players getting a year older we should have a better offense in 2021 just by natural progression. As long as Shurmur is the top mind on the offense it will have a lower ceiling than if we have a really good vet QB or better offensive coach.

My best hope is our QB play goes to the next level some how and Shurmur gets hired as a HC to another team in 2022
            To be honest although I don't value Shurmur highly I also saw Lock not making the plays that were there, O-Linemen not blocking or protecting well, WR's and TE's losing track of plays/failing to beat defenders/muffing catches/showing physical limitations, and Lindsay coming back to Earth while seeming to lose his mojo. There is enough blame to go around for last season. As for me I'm giving them this next season to fix it before I start calling for heads to roll.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

To be honest although I don't value Shurmur highly I also saw Lock not making the plays that were there, O-Linemen not blocking or protecting well, WR's and TE's losing track of plays/failing to beat defenders/muffing catches/showing physical limitations, and Lindsay coming back to Earth while seeming to lose his mojo. There is enough blame to go around for last season. As for me I'm giving them this next season to fix it before I start calling for heads to roll.
              I am hoping no heads need to roll. Shurmur has put together a few good seasons between all of his garbage.

Maybe 2021 can be one of his good seasons and he gets a HC gig some where because of it because I am certain if 2021 is a good season we will see multiple seasons of a hot mess after that.

Unfortunately if heads roll after 2021 we probably go into deep rebuild mode and do not see the team contend for a Super Bowl for min 2-3 more years AFTER 2021. I see the possible option in that but hope we manage a different path.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

His contract management reflects itself in the team's record, not in a few cherry-picked instances. What about his signing of James, who had a history of doing what he's doing here? Flacco? After Manning left, and much of the stars of that team, the Broncos are basement dwellers. They've become insignificant. Elway's car salesman mentality is glaringly evident.

Look at that ranking of teams by cap space. It's pretty obvious the good teams, for the most part, spend money, and the penny pinchers with their economical prudence have the most space and scare nobody in the league. I'm hoping Paton changes that, although I'm not sure if he will. Time will tell.

Saving space for Watson? Umm....tell ya what....if Watson gets signed (which I highly doubt will happen, and I don't believe the front office is planning on it), I'll admit Paton's a genius and was planning ahead. If he doesn't, you get to admit this team is cheap and willing to stay at the bottom of the league. Ok? I'm done buying the glass-half-full speculation with this team. They need to prove it before I believe it.
                Perhaps Munchak will work his magic on James, as he did with Bolles.
                James underwhelmed year 1 and sat out year 2, but the talent is there.

Manning and Flacco were placeholders, given their experience.
                Lock showed great promise in year 1, despite being the third Bronco drafted in '19.
                Whereas Os took Houston's money and is nowhere to be found.

Throwing money around doesn't make a contender if it's misspent.
                Again, Elway is the reason Denver has the cap to bring in Watson.

We fans have the luxury of hindsight; Elway did not.
                That's why I graded him a B+, not an A.
                Therefore, your cherry-pick comment is moot.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Perhaps Munchak will work his magic on James, as he did with Bolles.
                  James underwhelmed year 1 and sat out year 2, but the talent is there.

Manning and Flacco were placeholders, given their experience.
                  Lock showed great promise in year 1, despite being the third Bronco drafted in '19.
                  Whereas Os took Houston's money and is nowhere to be found.

Throwing money around doesn't make a contender if it's misspent.
                  Again, Elway is the reason Denver has the cap to bring in Watson.

We fans have the luxury of hindsight; Elway did not.
                  That's why I graded him a B+, not an A.
                  Therefore, your cherry-pick comment is moot.
                  James' issue isn't a matter of technique or talent. He's fine, there. His problem is a combination of attitude and health. He's been an every other year player prior to the Broncos. Why expect that to change? If the problem was technique, I'd say Munchak could help. In James' case, he can't.

Manning a placeholder? Uh, that was "win now", and it worked. Flacco was a placeholder, so why offer him that much money? He was broken prior to getting here.

Lock didn't show great promise. That's your perception, but it isn't reality. His performance at the end of year 1 was pretty much the same as what we saw the entire last year. What helped him is what often helps many rookie QBs: that the opposition doesn't have film on them and they get a few games early in their career where they can get away with things before the opposition can plan against them. There were some who rightly pointed out he had a lot of technique issues as well as was more of a reactionary QB and needed a lot of work. What also helped Lock in year 1 was Flacco set the tone with even worse play at the position, and the Broncos fans were optimistic since they've been starved at the QB position.

I never said just throw money around. That's a thought rattling around in your mind, not mine.

Nothing what you said invalidates my cherry pick comment. The overall performance and outlook of the roster is what grades Elway, not picking out his successes and making excuses for his failures. The team has never had a losing streak like this since several decades ago. The team's overall future outlook isn't great at all, either. The defensive secondary is in need of a rebuild. The interior defensive line needs improvement. Miller has gotten old and will maybe be here one more year, if that. The offensive line is only half built. The running back corp will need new personnel within 1 year, and even arguably now. And, let's not forget that the team still doesn't have its franchise QB.

Elway gets a D for his work post Manning.

Comment

Well play it out. I'm not disagreeing with your philosophy, but how does it play out? Who are you bringing back this year? What picks are you giving up to get Fields or Wilson? If you spend your next pick on a RT, who will likely sit behind James this season, when is your next pick going to be, and what positions, like CB, need to be addressed? In other words, if you give away 9 and 40, and take a T at 71, you're getting a corner in the 4th round. So, then you have to think that maybe we should try to bring Bouye back if he will re-sign on the cheap. Or, we have to find FA value somewhere. Unless, of course, we find a diamond in the rough in the 4th round, trade back up, or trade for one.

And I know you want to sign Patrick long term, so next year we need to make decisions on Von, Gordon, Callahan, Sutton, Johnson, Lindsay, Chubb, and Jackson.

I'm not against trading up, but it's going to be expensive given what the market is for a quarterback right now.
                    Ok, my "plan" would be: 2021 is first of a 3 year rebuild, based on moving up for one of the top QBs. 2022 would be the first true year with the QB (either Lock or Lawrence/Wilson). 2023 is the target to start the dynasty push for the Broncos.

By the numbers for the value of draft position, the #2 slot is "worth" 2649 points. The Broncos #9 pick is worth 1887 points. That's a difference of only 762 points. Technically, giving the Jets the Broncos 70th position (round 3) pick along with the Broncos #9 pick is worth more than that #2 slot. Also, the Jets already have a young QB, plus that talk of them chasing Watson might be enough to encourage them to trade off that #2 position. However, like you say, the league is always hungry for the top draft QBs. So, I'd say offer them the #9 slot and the Broncos 2nd round pick this year, which is a total value of 3018 points, well more than the value of that #2. Also, throw in Von Miller, since having Lock (who still has yet to show he's the franchise QB and isn't even close to it) and what would either be Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson means at least one year of development at the QB position, but really 1-1/2 to 2 years is realistic to develop that guy.

Whether or not Miller's gone in that trade-up doesn't change that I'd still release him if he wouldn't take an option of a longer term, reduced pay, incentive based contract. That would free up some of that money that would be going to Von in his present contract, which I'd then use to bring in healthy vets that aren't considered top performers at their positions (guys like Bashaud Breeland). That would allow the team to perform decently for the next 2 years, and provide mentors for the young draftees that the Broncos would still have since they only gave up that 2nd round pick this year for their move up to get their QB. It would be short-term contracts for those guys (one or two seasons), since within 2 years the team would be paying for the draftees that worked out from last year and the year before.

Expect Gordon gone after this upcoming season. Lindsay's limited role capabilities along with his health issues would be either an inexpensive offer or he's gone. But, they're here for 2021, so I wouldn't sweat that until the 2022 draft.

Simmons is no longer a necessity for 2021, but since Miller's salary is off the books, I'd still want to sign him. He'd be an "anchor" on defense for the future. Offer him an incentive based, longer term contract at something close to what he wants, which in 3 or 4 years will look like a deal. Call it $16M this year, which frees up a bit of money from miller being released. That money would go to those players filling slots in position of need this year and next.

As you said, sign Patrick per my opinion of him.

Draft priorities would be: 2021 (assuming that 2nd round was gone as part of the trade up): Edge, cornerback, and linebacker would be the first three positions since the Broncos won't draft until the 3rd after their 1st round pick. Defensive players are easier to estimate performance than offense, so drafting them later isn't as big a risk as drafting offensive players. Grab a back-up RB in the later rounds, and maybe an interior D lineman guy.
                    2022 draft would be offensive lineman for the first pick, then a running back. Fill what didn't at defense after those first two. Drafting anything other than O-lineman at that first pick would not be an option.

The only big money on the books in 2022 is Simmons and Bolles, so the Broncos would then be freed up to spend bigger on impact positions for 2022/2023, when they're really needed. And, they might have to fill WR positions if Jeudy or Hamler don't work out.
                    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-28-2021, 04:44 AM.

Comment

James' issue isn't a matter of technique or talent. He's fine, there. His problem is a combination of attitude and health. He's been an every other year player prior to the Broncos. Why expect that to change? If the problem was technique, I'd say Munchak could help. In James' case, he can't.

I believe people can change given the right motivation.
                      Maybe Munchak can help James become the OT Miami drafted in R1.

Manning a placeholder? Uh, that was "win now", and it worked. Flacco was a placeholder, so why offer him that much money? He was broken prior to getting here.

A placeholder, as in his time was limited until Denver obtained a more long-term QB.
                      If Elway was a "penny-pincher" then why did he offer Flacco "that much money"?

Lock didn't show great promise. That's your perception, but it isn't reality. His performance at the end of year 1 was pretty much the same as what we saw the entire last year. What helped him is what often helps many rookie QBs: that the opposition doesn't have film on them and they get a few games early in their career where they can get away with things before the opposition can plan against them. There were some who rightly pointed out he had a lot of technique issues as well as was more of a reactionary QB and needed a lot of work. What also helped Lock in year 1 was Flacco set the tone with even worse play at the position, and the Broncos fans were optimistic since they've been starved at the QB position.

Lock wasn't drafted to start immediately, hence Flacco.
                      My perception is reality because the Broncos won more games with Lock (rookie year) than without him.

I never said just throw money around. That's a thought rattling around in your mind, not mine.

Calling Elway a penny-pincher and a car salesman are thoughts running marathons in your head.

Nothing what you said invalidates my cherry pick comment. The overall performance and outlook of the roster is what grades Elway, not picking out his successes and making excuses for his failures. The team has never had a losing streak like this since several decades ago. The team's overall future outlook isn't great at all, either. The defensive secondary is in need of a rebuild. The interior defensive line needs improvement. Miller has gotten old and will maybe be here one more year, if that. The offensive line is only half built. The running back corp will need new personnel within 1 year, and even arguably now. And, let's not forget that the team still doesn't have its franchise QB.

It does invalidate your comment because I never graded Elway an A+.
                      Hopefully, the draft will fix several of the team's deficiencies.

Elway gets a D for his work post Manning.

Again, we fans have the luxury of hindsight. Elway didn't.
                      Replies in bold.

Comment

Ok, my "plan" would be: 2021 is first of a 3 year rebuild, based on moving up for one of the top QBs. 2022 would be the first true year with the QB (either Lock or Lawrence/Wilson). 2023 is the target to start the dynasty push for the Broncos.

By the numbers for the value of draft position, the #2 slot is "worth" 2649 points. The Broncos #9 pick is worth 1887 points. That's a difference of only 762 points. Technically, giving the Jets the Broncos 70th position (round 3) pick along with the Broncos #9 pick is worth more than that #2 slot. Also, the Jets already have a young QB, plus that talk of them chasing Watson might be enough to encourage them to trade off that #2 position. However, like you say, the league is always hungry for the top draft QBs. So, I'd say offer them the #9 slot and the Broncos 2nd round pick this year, which is a total value of 3018 points, well more than the value of that #2. Also, throw in Von Miller, since having Lock (who still has yet to show he's the franchise QB and isn't even close to it) and what would either be Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson means at least one year of development at the QB position, but really 1-1/2 to 2 years is realistic to develop that guy.

Whether or not Miller's gone in that trade-up doesn't change that I'd still release him if he wouldn't take an option of a longer term, reduced pay, incentive based contract. That would free up some of that money that would be going to Von in his present contract, which I'd then use to bring in healthy vets that aren't considered top performers at their positions (guys like Bashaud Breeland). That would allow the team to perform decently for the next 2 years, and provide mentors for the young draftees that the Broncos would still have since they only gave up that 2nd round pick this year for their move up to get their QB. It would be short-term contracts for those guys (one or two seasons), since within 2 years the team would be paying for the draftees that worked out from last year and the year before.

Expect Gordon gone after this upcoming season. Lindsay's limited role capabilities along with his health issues would be either an inexpensive offer or he's gone. But, they're here for 2021, so I wouldn't sweat that until the 2022 draft.

Simmons is no longer a necessity for 2021, but since Miller's salary is off the books, I'd still want to sign him. He'd be an "anchor" on defense for the future. Offer him an incentive based, longer term contract at something close to what he wants, which in 3 or 4 years will look like a deal. Call it $16M this year, which frees up a bit of money from miller being released. That money would go to those players filling slots in position of need this year and next.

As you said, sign Patrick per my opinion of him.

Draft priorities would be: 2021 (assuming that 2nd round was gone as part of the trade up): Edge, cornerback, and linebacker would be the first three positions since the Broncos won't draft until the 3rd after their 1st round pick. Defensive players are easier to estimate performance than offense, so drafting them later isn't as big a risk as drafting offensive players. Grab a back-up RB in the later rounds, and maybe an interior D lineman guy.
                        2022 draft would be offensive lineman for the first pick, then a running back. Fill what didn't at defense after those first two. Drafting anything other than O-lineman at that first pick would not be an option.

The only big money on the books in 2022 is Simmons and Bolles, so the Broncos would then be freed up to spend bigger on impact positions for 2022/2023, when they're really needed. And, they might have to fill WR positions if Jeudy or Hamler don't work out.
                        I generally agree with the draft approach. If we were to move up for a QB, even though we have a glaring need at corner, I wouldn't be against building heavily in the trenches and then defense. I've stated before that there are corners I like in the back half of this draft, so I wouldn't disagree with grabbing a couple of them. If we were to move up for a QB, given reported trade interest for Lock, it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to trade him. Preferably get a high 3rd round pick or get a corner that way. I don't know if someone would offer a 2nd, but if multiple teams are in fact interested, it might be possible.

But I took us way off topic on this, so I'm going to bring it back around. The main reason I think solidifying the trenches after trading up for a QB, is I think we're set at skill position players. I think Jeudy is going to be really good. If Hamler can stay healthy, I feel pretty good about him. That's why I think it would be hard for us to sign Patrick long term right now. My guess is they'll tender him, and then wait and see on trade value and Sutton's status. We're in a precarious situation, because you can't expect Sutton to be 100% next year, and when he's right, he's worth a lot of money. Well north of 10M per.

Comment

I generally agree with the draft approach. If we were to move up for a QB, even though we have a glaring need at corner, I wouldn't be against building heavily in the trenches and then defense. I've stated before that there are corners I like in the back half of this draft, so I wouldn't disagree with grabbing a couple of them. If we were to move up for a QB, given reported trade interest for Lock, it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to trade him. Preferably get a high 3rd round pick or get a corner that way. I don't know if someone would offer a 2nd, but if multiple teams are in fact interested, it might be possible.

But I took us way off topic on this, so I'm going to bring it back around. The main reason I think solidifying the trenches after trading up for a QB, is I think we're set at skill position players. I think Jeudy is going to be really good. If Hamler can stay healthy, I feel pretty good about him. That's why I think it would be hard for us to sign Patrick long term right now. My guess is they'll tender him, and then wait and see on trade value and Sutton's status. We're in a precarious situation, because you can't expect Sutton to be 100% next year, and when he's right, he's worth a lot of money. Well north of 10M per.
                          LMAO.....I completely got lost and forgot the thread was about Jeudy. I don't "think" too deeply when it comes to players. There's the initial expectation, I watch them play, and then it's either it worked out or they need to prove themselves because I'm not sold that they are what was hoped. Jeudy is that last guy. He may be pretty close, though. I'd still want to sign Patrick now and see if they can get a deal. Sutton may or may not fully recover. If he does, he'll have to be paid or he'll walk. I'd only pay him if the Broncos had the QB that could use him. If it was QB performance like we've been seeing since Manning, I wouldn't pay for a big-money receiver. That's throwing money away.

Comment

I saw a list that showed the drop rates of some pretty good WRs their rookie year and their second year. The list was on the local sport talk show so there's no link, but the point was there were a number of good WRs that as rookies that had drop rates around where Jeudy was last year (about 16%) and improved to around 6-7% their second year. The only one that didn't improve was Amari Cooper and he improved in his third year. It's pretty common for rookies to have drops early in their career.

What isn't common is for vet CBs to talk about how impressive a rookie WR's route running is.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                              I saw a list that showed the drop rates of some pretty good WRs their rookie year and their second year. The list was on the local sport talk show so there's no link, but the point was there were a number of good WRs that as rookies that had drop rates around where Jeudy was last year (about 16%) and improved to around 6-7% their second year. The only one that didn't improve was Amari Cooper and he improved in his third year. It's pretty common for rookies to have drops early in their career.

What isn't common is for vet CBs to talk about how impressive a rookie WR's route running is.
                              The catching should improve over time but just because everyone praises his route running doesn’t mean there aren’t areas there that need work. If we’re talking purely about routes, then yes he’s great. However, his releases can tend to be a little too much extra movement as he tries to set up his route. Physicality really bothers him too and he seems to want to avoid it at all costs which sometimes takes his route way off course. He needs to spend as much time in the weight room as he does working on fixing his hand technique.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

The catching should improve over time but just because everyone praises his route running doesn’t mean there aren’t areas there that need work. If we’re talking purely about routes, then yes he’s great. However, his releases can tend to be a little too much extra movement as he tries to set up his route. Physicality really bothers him too and he seems to want to avoid it at all costs which sometimes takes his route way off course. He needs to spend as much time in the weight room as he does working on fixing his hand technique.
                                Just because everyone praises Jeudy for his route running doesn't mean he won't improve either. Whether he improves or not isn't the point of this thread and that some folks just can't accept anything positive being said and think everything needs "balance" while actually tilting things out of balance. Sometimes it's good to just look at the good.

Comment

Working...
                                X