We need a pass rusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a pass rusher

We really need somebody who will do Berry's job, if with him last year we dint put enough pressuro in other's Qb without him what will happen?? I really dont believe in Raylee and in Marco our De aro not so bad (Hayward and Pryce) But we need a DT, I tought that shanny would brig us a Dt from the draft but wasn't this way, now I hope to see a sign after June 1st...

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Re: We need a pass rusher

Originally posted by Helderht_
    We really need somebody who will do Berry's job, if with him last year we dint put enough pressuro in other's Qb without him what will happen?? I really dont believe in Raylee and in Marco our De aro not so bad (Hayward and Pryce) But we need a DT, I tought that shanny would brig us a Dt from the draft but wasn't this way, now I hope to see a sign after June 1st...
    We have two veteran pass rushing DT's (Johnson and Ellis). Obviously the management thought that they were goodenough to bring in. So don't worry about DT.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Re: Re: We need a pass rusher

Originally posted by broncosbeast
      We have two veteran pass rushing DT's (Johnson and Ellis). Obviously the management thought that they were goodenough to bring in. So don't worry about DT.
      ...and don't forget about Holland, Fatafehi, Pope, and Eason. Nobody's really standing out right now, but they're all DT's with potential. Let's hope they bring it and that the older guys can teach them a thing or two. Eason isn't exactly tearing it up over in Europe, but he's a brick wall with a motor.
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

...and don't forget about Holland, Fatafehi, Pope, and Eason. Nobody's really standing out right now, but they're all DT's with potential. Let's hope they bring it and that the older guys can teach them a thing or two. Eason isn't exactly tearing it up over in Europe, but he's a brick wall with a motor.
        Those guys don't inspire great shouts of joy in Broncoville. Most of them are marginal players. I think Denver is counting on Reggie Hayward to step up now that Berry is gone. The players they've brougth in like Marco Coleman are just role players. The Broncos hope someone will emerge from the group, just as the Patriots have done it: with low priced free-agents who have a specific role.

The idea is to build team of solid role players on both offense and defense. I would have been a lot happier if they could have found some veteran at WR though.

There's little doubt that Shanahan is on the right track. The way he's trying to do it is the right way in the NFL now as the Patriots have proved, but . . .

the key is getting the RIGHT players. Getting low-priced free-agents who actually fit in and CONTRIBUTE is the hard part.. We'll see.

Jury is still out. . . .
        sigpic

Comment

I agree

the Broncos need to get more pressure from the D-line. IMO that is going to be the factor between the Bronco D being better than good (last years D), or dominant.The Broncos D could be very scary this year it we can get some better production out of the D-line.
          Bronco Fan 4 Life

Comment

Re: I agree

Originally posted by EPBroncFan
            the Broncos need to get more pressure from the D-line. IMO that is going to be the factor between the Bronco D being better than good (last years D), or dominant.The Broncos D could be very scary this year it we can get some better production out of the D-line.
            I really think that's the main reason we brought in some of the older guys - to teach the younger guys things that took them 10+ years to learn. They may not have the younger and quicker bodies, but they have the experience. There's probably a lot of 10+ year veterans that wish they had their 22 year old bodies back now that they know how to play in this league. Now, if they can only instill in those youngsters some of those techniques then we might be on to something here. I think Shanahan IS on to something here, but only time will tell if it all pans out.
            Winter is Coming!

Comment

D-Line

Seems alot of us agree that the big ? is the players we have on the D line. I looked at the draft and thought we could have had a better DT but we would have had to give up something we got.

What would have worth giving up in you alls opinion?
              This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

I was also surprised we didn't take a DT in the draft, but remember last year how everyone thought our secondary was going to be our biggest weakness and Shanny didn't draft and DB help? Well the guys we had (Walls, Herndon, Ferguson) that people DIDN'T think were starter material came to play and did exceptionally well (except in the turnover department). I'm hoping it's the same case this year, because honestly, how can you say losing Bertrand freakin' Berry is going to have this big of an effect? The guy was old, only 250 lbs as a DE, and barely had ANY sacks coming into Denver, no one even thought he'd be a factor. I believe our D-Line strength has stayed the same or at least improved a little, seeing as how Gardner did absolute ****e last season and Luther Elliss should be a grand replacement. Notice how last year we did good with Fatafehi, Holland, Davis and Pope all rotating? Well throw a pro bowler into the mix (and don't talk about how he's so old and can't make it a whole season) and I think we're pretty solid in that area. And back to DE, I really think Raylee Johnson still has enough juice in his tank, and with what limited playing time Reggie Hayward saw, he racked up 9.5 sacks. Wow. Hope the kid keeps working 'cause he could turn into a beast of a DE.

Comment

The other factor in this discussion is that with the much improved secondary, we should be able to get alot of coverage sacks.

Comment

Re: D-Line

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                    Seems alot of us agree that the big ? is the players we have on the D line. I looked at the draft and thought we could have had a better DT but we would have had to give up something we got.

What would have worth giving up in you alls opinion?
                    We could of had either Darnell Dockett or Randy Starks instead of Watts. I'd take either.

Personally, I would have taken Udeze, Smith, or Wilfork over DJ Williams in the first round. A star DT or DE can make your existing linebackers better all by theirselves.

Again, in retrospect...

1) DT Wilfork (Dominating DT who played every snap and never got tired for Miami, weight is not an issue.

2a) OLB Boulware (Outperformed DJ Williams, Ian Gold size and amazing pass coverage skills) NOT a safety.

2b) RB Greg Jones (Someone who complements Quentin Griffin rather then replace him) Think Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott.

3) DT Sopoaga (No clue how this guy slipped this far, but he will be a star for years to come. Can play every down, clog blockers, and grab a few sacks as well).

5) WR P.K. Sam (Big, strong receiver who was clutch at FSU. Had no business dropping past the third round despite coming out of school a year too early)

6-7) I like and agree with all the picks made in the last two rounds. Wouldn't change a thing.

Just my 2 cents.
                    Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 05-05-2004, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: D-Line

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                      We could of had either Darnell Dockett or Randy Starks instead of Watts. I'd take either.

Personally, I would have taken Udeze, Smith, or Wilfork over DJ Williams in the first round. A star DT or DE can make your existing linebackers better all by theirselves.
                      Since the Broncos' last ditch efforts to re-sign Gold didn't work, I'm still glad we took Williams with our first. (You like Boulware but I still like Williams.) What bugs me is that, even though the staff was obviously high on Watts, we most likely still could have gotten Watts in the third and picked up Dockett or Starks with our 2b pick.

1) D.J. Williams
                      2a) Tatum Bell
                      2b) Randy Starks
                      3) Darius Watts

Then we've got our linebacker, lineman, running back, and receiver. Just one little difference and yet still a big one. All I can figure is that the Broncos really liked Watts to not chance his falling to the third. I hope they were right.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

With respect to picking players up too early I've just thought that the way NFL teams do thier boards has to be more accurate then the way the press does the board. Who knows there might have been someone hanging around hoping Watts would have fallen just a pick or two more. Never know.
                        My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

They liked him so much they almost took him with the 2a pick, so I think you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by ARBroncos
                            With respect to picking players up too early I've just thought that the way NFL teams do thier boards has to be more accurate then the way the press does the board. Who knows there might have been someone hanging around hoping Watts would have fallen just a pick or two more. Never know.
                            I agree with that. That's why I said they must've really like Watts to not chance it.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

What anois me is the choice of pick 2 CB why not other position and another RB in 7th round, to me was useless picks

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Working...
                              X