No announcement yet.

We need a pass rusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that I thought Wilfork or Stephen Jackson were better picks than DJ. I now believe the coaching staff has a good feeling about Ellis Johnson Hearst and Griffin. The fact that they really wanted a wr or olb says that we need big time help in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
      I agree that I thought Wilfork or Stephen Jackson were better picks than DJ. I now believe the coaching staff has a good feeling about Ellis Johnson Hearst and Griffin. The fact that they really wanted a wr or olb says that we need big time help in those areas.
      Hell, I have a good feeling about Ellis Johnson, hes a Pro Bowl DT that is either going to retire or play this year for Atlanta.

WE signed Luther Elliss, who hasnt had an injury free or productive year since 2000. WE have journeymen overachievers at DT. Our DE's may be ok, it depends solely on Raylee Johnson's ability to stay healthy and produce, or one of our late round picks last season developing. Clint Mitchell shows promise.

I really dont know what the Broncos are thinking along the D-line. Pryce isnt getting any younger and he could use help. Last year DT was huge need and we splurged on the Gardner fiasco, things havent changed and its suddenly not important now? I have no clue.

I sent like 5 questions to the ask Ted Sunquist interview ranging from his personal opinion on our D-line to how in the hell could you pass up Udeze, Smith, or Wilfork....no answers

Comment

Wilfork would be Great He gives his life for the game and is this that we want in a D-Line

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

The problem with Denver is they have no cap space. Hopefully you guys can free up some space to get some salary cap casualties.

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
          Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

Raylee Johnson and Luther Elliss were staples for thier respective teams for a long while, i believe they will both start and hopefully, Pryce moves back in to take the other tackle slot and Hayward improves his production as he starts and gets more snaps. Looks like a good d-line to me.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Agreed we are pretty well satcked defensively, just a matter of seeign who is starting and who is shifting positions... I kind of think we can rule out Jarious Jackson being a starter on the defensive side.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Hell, I have a good feeling about Ellis Johnson, hes a Pro Bowl DT that is either going to retire or play this year for Atlanta.
                Wrong team, Gan.....

Luther Ellis and Raylee Johnson......
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

The pass rush will be o.k. i think because our strength is the secondary. That is why champ is so important. He will allow us to blitz alot more. I wish we would blitz like Philly.

Comment

One affects the other

D line and Secondary feed off of each other and both need to get it done so as not to burn the other one out.

I think that we will have a good D line for now but the age factor is closing in. Next years draft DL and TE.

I think LeSueur was drafted for ST, and he hits pretty hard.
                    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                      Wrong team, Gan.....

Luther Ellis and Raylee Johnson......
                      Ok, someone didn't know to use commas and named an actual player at the DT position in the league. I thought they were confused and that we signed Ellis Johnson and not Luther Ellis.
                      Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 05-07-2004, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Wilfork MIGHT be good.. and he might be a bust. We won't know. Doesn't MATTER.. we didn't get him. I'm HAPPY with the pick of Williams... we NEEDed and OLB, and Boulware isn't as good as Williams, period. HEll, Seattle is moving him to SS.. they too know he can't play LB in the NFL. We don't know if we would have gotten Watts in the third round, and to be honest, the teams have a better feel as to whats going to happen MUCH more than we do. Thats why they trade and move around, they have 'feelers' and know what the chances are if someone is going to fall. We didn't have a fourth round pick to move UP to get Watts if we passed on him. Will he turn out? I have no idea. I know we needed a OLB, a DT, a WR, and a RB.. we got three of those in the draft. Considering our backround of picking QUALITY LBs in the first round, and picking RBs in the draft... I certainly can't say these were bad picks. I have confidence THESE will be GOOD for us.

Comment

Luther Ellis at one time was a dominating DT for the Lions. If he can come back to form he could be fantastic for us. My vote is for Luther Ellis as one of the DT's. Remember though D-Lineman rotate in and out in the Denver System. The only one that did not was Trevor Pryce.
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

look i think our line will be ok without a all pro tackle look what trhe pats are doing all without the big top name people just good smart , hard playing people mebe thats what we got nowwith the free agents and with a better secondary we just need to chill cause its gonna be alll right
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              Luther Ellis at one time was a dominating DT for the Lions. If he can come back to form he could be fantastic for us. My vote is for Luther Ellis as one of the DT's. Remember though D-Lineman rotate in and out in the Denver System. The only one that did not was Trevor Pryce.
                              He might find that fire and drive to be dominate once again now that he's playing for what was probably his favorite team growing up (being from Mancos). Aside from his obvious play-making abilities in the past the guy was the Detroit Lions' version of John Lynch. He's a great leader and has donated a lot his time & money to many charitable organizations. I'm glad we picked him up and think we'll be able to squeeze a couple/few good years out of him.
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

there is nothing wrong with the d-line at all, hayward performed BETTER than berry so there is no dropoff just cause berry's gone
                                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X