We need a pass rusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    there is nothing wrong with the d-line at all, hayward performed BETTER than berry so there is no dropoff just cause berry's gone
    How can you say Hayward performed better than Berry?

Berry: 24 tackles, 12 assists, 11.5 sacks

Hayward: 23 tackles, 4 assists, 8.5 sacks

Regardless, there were a number of times last year when we just couldn't produce a consistent pass rush when we needed one. We really could have used a top pass rushing lineman to take some of the double teams off of Pryce. Our defensive line will probably still be adequate be it could be what prevents us from having one of the league's best defenses.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      How can you say Hayward performed better than Berry?

Berry: 24 tackles, 12 assists, 11.5 sacks

Hayward: 23 tackles, 4 assists, 8.5 sacks

Regardless, there were a number of times last year when we just couldn't produce a consistent pass rush when we needed one. We really could have used a top pass rushing lineman to take some of the double teams off of Pryce. Our defensive line will probably still be adequate be it could be what prevents us from having one of the league's best defenses.
      because hayward played in sub roles, berry was a starter, i think the percentage of plays was 52% for hayward, and shanahan even said hayward probably had the highest productivity in comparison to his playing time than any other lineman.

Pryce is supposed to be our top pass rushing lineman, he had an off year, you can say double and triple team all you want, but it just isnt true, pryce was treated like all the other lineman, he didnt produce enough, hopefully he rebounds and has another 10+ sack year.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

because hayward played in sub roles, berry was a starter, i think the percentage of plays was 52% for hayward, and shanahan even said hayward probably had the highest productivity in comparison to his playing time than any other lineman.

Pryce is supposed to be our top pass rushing lineman, he had an off year, you can say double and triple team all you want, but it just isnt true, pryce was treated like all the other lineman, he didnt produce enough, hopefully he rebounds and has another 10+ sack year.
        So, you're telling me that Shanny thought Hayward was better than Berry but kept starting Berry anyway? I don't think Mike is that sentimental.

And you don't think Pryce was double teamed last year? Were we watching the same games? I remember him being double teamed quite a bit. And he's the only lineman we've had recently has even warranted the extra attention.
        ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
          So, you're telling me that Shanny thought Hayward was better than Berry but kept starting Berry anyway? I don't think Mike is that sentimental.

And you don't think Pryce was double teamed last year? Were we watching the same games? I remember him being double teamed quite a bit. And he's the only lineman we've had recently has even warranted the extra attention.
          I'm telling you to go look up where Shanny says "Hayward had the best production in terms of playing time" or something like that. Shanny himself said that Hayward was probably the most productive lineman given his backup role

Pryce was single blocked a lot last year, of course he gets doubled a few times a game, all the linemen did if ou didnt notice, they didnt seek out Pryce every snap,. they reacted to whoever looked like they were gonna beat their man, all the linemen were treated the same as far as doubling.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Hmmm.. .and this coming from who?

Comment

I'm telling you to go look up where Shanny says "Hayward had the best production in terms of playing time" or something like that. Shanny himself said that Hayward was probably the most productive lineman given his backup role

Pryce was single blocked a lot last year, of course he gets doubled a few times a game, all the linemen did if ou didnt notice, they didnt seek out Pryce every snap,. they reacted to whoever looked like they were gonna beat their man, all the linemen were treated the same as far as doubling.
              First off, if you're going to make a claim that Shanahan said something try quoting it and give a link so it can be verified. That's a lot more effective than telling someone to go look up what you may or may not be recollecting correctly.

Second, I'd be willing to wager that Pryce was double teamed at least twice as much as any other lineman on the Broncos last year. If the Broncos got a serious pass rusher to complement Pryce on the line I'd be seriously surprised if he didn't easily get double figures in sacks.
              ------

Comment

Working...
              X