X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    I'm telling you to go look up where Shanny says "Hayward had the best production in terms of playing time" or something like that. Shanny himself said that Hayward was probably the most productive lineman given his backup role

Pryce was single blocked a lot last year, of course he gets doubled a few times a game, all the linemen did if ou didnt notice, they didnt seek out Pryce every snap,. they reacted to whoever looked like they were gonna beat their man, all the linemen were treated the same as far as doubling.
    First off, if you're going to make a claim that Shanahan said something try quoting it and give a link so it can be verified. That's a lot more effective than telling someone to go look up what you may or may not be recollecting correctly.

Second, I'd be willing to wager that Pryce was double teamed at least twice as much as any other lineman on the Broncos last year. If the Broncos got a serious pass rusher to complement Pryce on the line I'd be seriously surprised if he didn't easily get double figures in sacks.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Hmmm.. .and this coming from who?

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    So, you're telling me that Shanny thought Hayward was better than Berry but kept starting Berry anyway? I don't think Mike is that sentimental.

And you don't think Pryce was double teamed last year? Were we watching the same games? I remember him being double teamed quite a bit. And he's the only lineman we've had recently has even warranted the extra attention.
    I'm telling you to go look up where Shanny says "Hayward had the best production in terms of playing time" or something like that. Shanny himself said that Hayward was probably the most productive lineman given his backup role

Pryce was single blocked a lot last year, of course he gets doubled a few times a game, all the linemen did if ou didnt notice, they didnt seek out Pryce every snap,. they reacted to whoever looked like they were gonna beat their man, all the linemen were treated the same as far as doubling.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    because hayward played in sub roles, berry was a starter, i think the percentage of plays was 52% for hayward, and shanahan even said hayward probably had the highest productivity in comparison to his playing time than any other lineman.

Pryce is supposed to be our top pass rushing lineman, he had an off year, you can say double and triple team all you want, but it just isnt true, pryce was treated like all the other lineman, he didnt produce enough, hopefully he rebounds and has another 10+ sack year.
    So, you're telling me that Shanny thought Hayward was better than Berry but kept starting Berry anyway? I don't think Mike is that sentimental.

And you don't think Pryce was double teamed last year? Were we watching the same games? I remember him being double teamed quite a bit. And he's the only lineman we've had recently has even warranted the extra attention.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    How can you say Hayward performed better than Berry?

Berry: 24 tackles, 12 assists, 11.5 sacks

Hayward: 23 tackles, 4 assists, 8.5 sacks

Regardless, there were a number of times last year when we just couldn't produce a consistent pass rush when we needed one. We really could have used a top pass rushing lineman to take some of the double teams off of Pryce. Our defensive line will probably still be adequate be it could be what prevents us from having one of the league's best defenses.
    because hayward played in sub roles, berry was a starter, i think the percentage of plays was 52% for hayward, and shanahan even said hayward probably had the highest productivity in comparison to his playing time than any other lineman.

Pryce is supposed to be our top pass rushing lineman, he had an off year, you can say double and triple team all you want, but it just isnt true, pryce was treated like all the other lineman, he didnt produce enough, hopefully he rebounds and has another 10+ sack year.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    there is nothing wrong with the d-line at all, hayward performed BETTER than berry so there is no dropoff just cause berry's gone
    How can you say Hayward performed better than Berry?

Berry: 24 tackles, 12 assists, 11.5 sacks

Hayward: 23 tackles, 4 assists, 8.5 sacks

Regardless, there were a number of times last year when we just couldn't produce a consistent pass rush when we needed one. We really could have used a top pass rushing lineman to take some of the double teams off of Pryce. Our defensive line will probably still be adequate be it could be what prevents us from having one of the league's best defenses.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    there is nothing wrong with the d-line at all, hayward performed BETTER than berry so there is no dropoff just cause berry's gone

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Luther Ellis at one time was a dominating DT for the Lions. If he can come back to form he could be fantastic for us. My vote is for Luther Ellis as one of the DT's. Remember though D-Lineman rotate in and out in the Denver System. The only one that did not was Trevor Pryce.
    He might find that fire and drive to be dominate once again now that he's playing for what was probably his favorite team growing up (being from Mancos). Aside from his obvious play-making abilities in the past the guy was the Detroit Lions' version of John Lynch. He's a great leader and has donated a lot his time & money to many charitable organizations. I'm glad we picked him up and think we'll be able to squeeze a couple/few good years out of him.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    look i think our line will be ok without a all pro tackle look what trhe pats are doing all without the big top name people just good smart , hard playing people mebe thats what we got nowwith the free agents and with a better secondary we just need to chill cause its gonna be alll right

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Luther Ellis at one time was a dominating DT for the Lions. If he can come back to form he could be fantastic for us. My vote is for Luther Ellis as one of the DT's. Remember though D-Lineman rotate in and out in the Denver System. The only one that did not was Trevor Pryce.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Wilfork MIGHT be good.. and he might be a bust. We won't know. Doesn't MATTER.. we didn't get him. I'm HAPPY with the pick of Williams... we NEEDed and OLB, and Boulware isn't as good as Williams, period. HEll, Seattle is moving him to SS.. they too know he can't play LB in the NFL. We don't know if we would have gotten Watts in the third round, and to be honest, the teams have a better feel as to whats going to happen MUCH more than we do. Thats why they trade and move around, they have 'feelers' and know what the chances are if someone is going to fall. We didn't have a fourth round pick to move UP to get Watts if we passed on him. Will he turn out? I have no idea. I know we needed a OLB, a DT, a WR, and a RB.. we got three of those in the draft. Considering our backround of picking QUALITY LBs in the first round, and picking RBs in the draft... I certainly can't say these were bad picks. I have confidence THESE will be GOOD for us.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Wrong team, Gan.....

Luther Ellis and Raylee Johnson......
    Ok, someone didn't know to use commas and named an actual player at the DT position in the league. I thought they were confused and that we signed Ellis Johnson and not Luther Ellis.
    Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 05-07-2004, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JED Bronco
    replied
    One affects the other

D line and Secondary feed off of each other and both need to get it done so as not to burn the other one out.

I think that we will have a good D line for now but the age factor is closing in. Next years draft DL and TE.

I think LeSueur was drafted for ST, and he hits pretty hard.

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    The pass rush will be o.k. i think because our strength is the secondary. That is why champ is so important. He will allow us to blitz alot more. I wish we would blitz like Philly.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Hell, I have a good feeling about Ellis Johnson, hes a Pro Bowl DT that is either going to retire or play this year for Atlanta.
    Wrong team, Gan.....

Luther Ellis and Raylee Johnson......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X