Come May 1st...Who Are The Broncos??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Boy are we lucky! We are only a couple of weeks from knowing our team identity.....according to the thread starter.

Yep, we are all waiting anxiously for 29 April to arrive. I'm also looking forward to this forum to light up like it hasn't for a very long time.

Hang on for some "thread posting madness." or or

Also looking forward for "Sparkler baph" to show up and condemn what the Broncos did wrong and what the Dolts did perfectly on 04-29 - 05-01.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Yep, we are all waiting anxiously for 29 April to arrive. I'm also looking forward to this forum to light up like it hasn't for a very long time.

Hang on for some "thread posting madness." or or

Also looking forward for "Sparkler baph" to show up and condemn what the Broncos did wrong and what the Dolts did perfectly on 04-29 - 05-01.
      baph won't drop by in the interim to reveal any of his true feelings about what The Broncos should do, because then he can't attack those same transactions when they happen. He's playing it safe. He keeps his cards way too close to the vest....way too close

Comment

baph won't drop by in the interim to reveal any of his true feelings about what The Broncos should do, because then he can't attack those same transactions when they happen. He's playing it safe. He keeps his cards way too close to the vest....way too close

True. He won't show up until "draft - FA action" takes place. He has learned (maybe) to keep quiet and not repeat another gaff like when he basically guaranteed in March per "his source" that Dolt QB Tyrod Taylor would be signed by the Broncos. I'm sure he still has a nasty residual taste of crow in his large mouth.
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

True. He won't show up until "draft - FA action" takes place. He has learned (maybe) to keep quiet and not repeat another gaff like when he basically guaranteed in March per "his source" that Dolt QB Tyrod Taylor would be signed by the Broncos. I'm sure he still has a nasty residual taste of crow in his large mouth.
          he can be "baphling"......

Comment

he can be "baphling"......
            Very good.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I hope in this draft to see M Parsons and another LB.i hope to see the RB from Clemson Travis.three off.lineman that turn into the best off.line in football.this is the team I live and die with 24/7 along with my Sooners.i hope at the end of the year, we are talking about Drew Lock is a Boss.we forget about Melvin Gordon,and talking about Travis at RB.can't wait to see Courtland KJ and Tim tearing the AFC West and the rest up.Parsons and another good LB sticking it to the team in kc dressed in those Ronald McDonald uniforms, just like Tampa Bay did.
              I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Not that you folks need another calendar tool (as in "me"), but this time a week from now we will be much closer to understanding the roster and some of the direction we are going in '21 and beyond. Two nights will have passed, resulting in 3 rounds of drafting, and a portion already of rounds 4-7.

So many dynamics in play:

- Did we draft a QB in round one, which to me says, "that's our long term guy". That's not so bad if Lock steps up his game, because trade value will grow. Conversely, if both he and a new QB look the part, but Lock impresses more, the draftee might be worth a lot on the trade market.
                - Did we go non QB in the first two nights? Which would translate to Lock being the guy for '21, while we stock up on other positional talent. And yes, there's always '22 to go 100% in on a new QB. Like to end the drought personally, sooner than later. But it's the way of the football world, there's always next year.
                - Did we draft a tier 2 QB? I'm good with that, if we really like one of them. Allows us to select quality non QBs in the key early picks and then add that layer of competitiveness at the QB position. Not a bad situation. And think of the value of selecting your long term QB past the 2nd round. Besides, if the QB is a decent backup, that's not a wasted pick.
                - Did we make any sizable trades? Of course that may pertain to a QB, but what if we covet a player and go get them? Or better yet from my perspective, what if a desperate team wants to give a load of draft capital to move up? I tend to love that possibility because you can do so much damage with multiple early rounders, or even package various picks (using the additional ones traded for) to go get a stud. That fits perfectly when there a few players you love in the early rounds, and you can maneuver to acquire them.
                - Did we play it relatively safe throughout? If that translates to wise choices, and good value per pick, that's always a good plan. It may not make you an instant contender, but it gives you one more year of value add.

There are other possibilities, but in any event, most of what we do by this time next week will give us a much bigger view of our strategy and to some degree, the identity we are trying to achieve. AlI I hope in the end is that Paton and Elway give us a positive glimpse about the future, and their ability to make us as competitive as can be.

Comment

Working...
                X