Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Simmons Signs 4 Year / $61M deal With Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Simmons Signs 4 Year / $61M deal With Broncos!!

Simmons locked in for 4 years. $35M guaranteed!

Wow!! Imo, he's worth it.....now if they can just find a way to land Kyle Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Wow!! Imo, he's worth it.....now if they can just find a way to land Kyle Fuller
      Don't get me started!! Given our QB situation is possibly looking towards drafting another, I would love to see us sign at least one more Dback before the draft, so as to minimize the pain of not having a 1st rounder, maybe even 2nd, to use on dbacks.

Comment

Cha-ching!

Comment

Way to go, George.

Comment

Let’s go!!! Well-deserved for a class act off the field and an elite player on the field. So glad Justin will be a Bronco for years to come.

Comment

Glad we signed him.

Like always waiting the contract details to form an opinion...specially with some of the really odd things going on this year with contracts.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This guy is like solid gold. We're talkin one of the best in the league!! Signed Darby, and if we could land Fuller...my goodness!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  This guy is like solid gold. We're talkin one of the best in the league!! Signed Darby, and if we could land Fuller...my goodness!!
                  If they somehow get Fuller, Denver will have a top 5 D if Von is really healthy....

Comment

If they somehow get Fuller, Denver will have a top 5 D if Von is really healthy....
                    And yes, it would lessen the draft expectations. I still see The Broncos going DBs in many mocks, in round one. With speculation about what to do at QB, we might end up losing early round draft capital. So I unlike some, I am cool with wise Free Agent acquisitions. Like I posted elsewhere, the word was often "be careful" in FA....but now that Belichick went all hands on deck in the process, suddenly he is a genius once again!! Regardless, if we can get good prices (within our budget) for one or two more Dbacks, who are solid players, why not??

As I post this...it states that The pats have spent $271.1M in FA so far!!!
                    Last edited by CanDB; 03-19-2021, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Nice to get this done, as others have said signing Kyle Fuller ( Vic should press for this) would bring back another year of Orange Crush Defense. sigh.

Comment

Really glad Simmons is here long term. I was hoping that they could agree on a little lower per year # but it doesn't surprise me that he got into 15M/yr avg. The most important part is the guaranteed money and that is actually a little lower than I expected at 35M. I suspect his cap this season will be ~10M depending on the signing bonus money... that actually saves ~3.7M on the cap this season but means a little higher in coming seasons.

Sure would be nice to get Kyle Fuller, I imagine that it will cost $$. He is already 30 years old for this season though, last season was not a great season for him. OTOH, Chicago doesn't have Fangio anymore either.

EDIT: he is actually only 29 for the season, my mistake.
                        Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 03-21-2021, 07:19 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is another great move by our New GM. Way to go!!
                          Signing Justin Simmons who happens to be one of the Best Safeties in the game to and Long Term contract is just plain Awesome 😎. I look forward to watching J.S make plays for the Denver Broncos for the years to come oh yeah!!

Comment

Broncos S Justin Simmons' four-year $61 million deal.

-$15 million to sign, $2 million base in '21

-Base salaries for '22-24: $15.1M, $14.4M, $14.5M.

-All $32.1M for '21 and '22 is fully guaranteed

- $2.9M in '23 becomes fully guaranteed in '22.

So, am I understanding this right that his number against the cap this year is only 2 mil??

Comment

Broncos S Justin Simmons' four-year $61 million deal.

-$15 million to sign, $2 million base in '21

-Base salaries for '22-24: $15.1M, $14.4M, $14.5M.

-All $32.1M for '21 and '22 is fully guaranteed

- $2.9M in '23 becomes fully guaranteed in '22.

So, am I understanding this right that his number against the cap this year is only 2 mil??
                              OTC and Spotrac still have no information do you mind linking the source please so I can read? Contracts interest me a lot.

I herd Simmons cap number will be low in 2021. So is Harris and Darby. It would follow the theme. When this happens I am curious as to the cap hits in future years.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X