Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Simmons Signs 4 Year / $61M deal With Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Broncos S Justin Simmons' four-year $61 million deal.

-$15 million to sign, $2 million base in '21

-Base salaries for '22-24: $15.1M, $14.4M, $14.5M.

-All $32.1M for '21 and '22 is fully guaranteed

- $2.9M in '23 becomes fully guaranteed in '22.

So, am I understanding this right that his number against the cap this year is only 2 mil??
    Going by your numbers here I would say that the 2021 cap hit looks like 5.75M ... 15M signing bonus / 4 = 3.75 + 2M base salary = 5.75. Very low but then the future years will be at least the 15.25M average cap hit in the 2022 season and then higher after that ... >15.25M. It is good to have cap relief this season with the cap being lowered and as TV deals are done the future years the cap potentially will be a lot higher than 2021.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

Going by your numbers here I would say that the 2021 cap hit looks like 5.75M ... 15M signing bonus / 4 = 3.75 + 2M base salary = 5.75. Very low but then the future years will be at least the 15.25M average cap hit in the 2022 season and then higher after that ... >15.25M. It is good to have cap relief this season with the cap being lowered and as TV deals are done the future years the cap potentially will be a lot higher than 2021.
      Teams have been using a trick to lower the signing bonus cap effect. Check out what the Cowboys did with Dak. I think they used a voidable years in 2025 and 2026 so that 13 mil of his signing bonus goes against 2025 when technically he is not even under contract. Well techincally right now he is under contract in 2025 but the 2025 and 2026 years automatically void on the last league day in 2024.

The details of the contract have always been key in understanding the effects on putting together a team but with the voidable years going on now it is even more important.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

OTC and Spotrac still have no information do you mind linking the source please so I can read? Contracts interest me a lot.

I herd Simmons cap number will be low in 2021. So is Harris and Darby. It would follow the theme. When this happens I am curious as to the cap hits in future years.
        https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1373670259933208583

This answers my own question.....5.75 against the cap this year

Comment

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1373670259933208583

This answers my own question.....5.75 against the cap this year
          Thank you. They just updated their website as it was not giving me the details when I asked for the link. The Broncos still seem to not want to use voidable years in contracts to play with cap hits.

Not sure how I feel about Simmons being the highest cap hit for a safety by 2 mil in 2022. These are the kind of contracts where fans do not notice now but start to complain when the cap hit comes into play in 2022. That is when fans will start to bash the player. Hope his plays merits it.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Thank you. They just updated their website as it was not giving me the details when I asked for the link. The Broncos still seem to not want to use voidable years in contracts to play with cap hits.

Not sure how I feel about Simmons being the highest cap hit for a safety by 2 mil in 2022. These are the kind of contracts where fans do not notice now but start to complain when the cap hit comes into play in 2022. That is when fans will start to bash the player. Hope his plays merits it.
            I think the hope is the cap number will climb back up and add a bigger cushion to absorb the hit?? Either way I think he earned it and there are always other ways to create space with restructures

Comment

I think the hope is the cap number will climb back up and add a bigger cushion to absorb the hit?? Either way I think he earned it and there are always other ways to create space with restructures
              I am not a big fan of restructures.

Von was originally scheduled to count 18 mil against the cap this year. Now because of a restructure that number is 22.225 mil. When his deal was signed 18 mil would have been a great number if we did not have the reduced cap issue.

Comment

Working...
              X