X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    The very definition of a sell-out.
    ...and a loser.

When he sees the Broncos hoist the Lombardi Trophy I bet he'd give it all back just to be a part of it.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

yeah its all supposition at this point I just think they are going to take a fall next year. They got pretty lucky with the injury bug atleast on the O line... I think they are in for an unlucky year kinda like the unlucky few years injury wise we've been goign through
      My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
        ...and a loser.

When he sees the Broncos hoist the Lombardi Trophy I bet he'd give it all back just to be a part of it.
        Football players only have a limited amount of time to make their money. He was offered an incredible deal to play football for a team that is rebuilding. He would be a fool for not taking it.

He hasn't "betrayed" anyone. This is a business. And he did was was best for him (Just like Denver would have cut his ass had he not performed last year).

Denver gave him an oppertunity to play and they got their money's worth from his performance last season. He owed Denver nothing. There is no guarantee Denver wins a Superbowl this year, but what is guaranteed is all the money he is going to make this year.

Making a financially responsible decision for himself and for his family should never been made fun of. Almost every single one of us would have done the exact same thing.

Comment

Lots of questions at this point:

1. Will the Broncos offense be able to move the ball consistently? (potential weak spots are OL that has new players and players at new positions and WR where Lelie hasn't proved himself yet, Rod Smith is no spring chicken & no proven #3 WR).

2. Will the Broncos D be able to generate a pass rush?

K.C.

3. Will the Chiefs really be that much better on Defense, simply because of Cunningham, without having acquired much new talent on Defense?

4. Will the Chiefs' offense be as good as last year? Their WR's aren't exactly world beaters and much still depends upon Tony G. and Priest Holmes. Can Trent Green turn in another good year?

My guess is that the Chiefs d. will be improved, but they can't count on as much offense as last year. Donte Hall won't win 2-3 games for them this year and their receivers don't inspire fear in anyone. TE is of course a strength.

Overall: It's going to be a nail-biter between Denver & K.C. for the division.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ARBroncos
            about the Chiefs I don't know if the D coordinator always has a big effect I mean just look at Ray Rhodes here.. he was suppossed to turn our D around..
            In theory he did. The Broncos went from like 30th to 7th in the year he took over. But we all know from the last couple of years that top ten D's don't mean as much when they can't force turnovers.

Comment

It's nice to see...

the Broncps get some respect, but there are a couple of issues that need to be resolved:

1. Portis's replacemnt/s need to perform at or near the level CP performed last year.

2. Lelie needs to step up this year and be the WR the Broncos drafted him to be!

3. D-line must provide a better pass rush.

4. Special teams need to be more consistent.

IMO these are the most important areas the Broncos must address if they are going to step the step to the nest level and be a true SB contender.

That siad I haven't been this excited about the Broncos chances to contend for the SB since the great Elway days!

I can't wait until the HOF game becasue...
              - Elway in the HOF!
              - Footabll season finally begins!
              Bronco Fan 4 Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                Lots of questions at this point:

1. Will the Broncos offense be able to move the ball consistently? (potential weak spots are OL that has new players and players at new positions and WR where Lelie hasn't proved himself yet, Rod Smith is no spring chicken & no proven #3 WR).

2. Will the Broncos D be able to generate a pass rush?

K.C.

3. Will the Chiefs really be that much better on Defense, simply because of Cunningham, without having acquired much new talent on Defense?

4. Will the Chiefs' offense be as good as last year? Their WR's aren't exactly world beaters and much still depends upon Tony G. and Priest Holmes. Can Trent Green turn in another good year?

My guess is that the Chiefs d. will be improved, but they can't count on as much offense as last year. Donte Hall won't win 2-3 games for them this year and their receivers don't inspire fear in anyone. TE is of course a strength.

Overall: It's going to be a nail-biter between Denver & K.C. for the division.
                Im actually thinking that the Raiders will do some damage this year. They improved both of their offense and defensive lines. That should improve everything else dramatically. The root of any offense or defense begins at the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ARBroncos
                  about the Chiefs I don't know if the D coordinator always has a big effect I mean just look at Ray Rhodes here.. he was suppossed to turn our D around..
                  I think that's a bit unfair to Rhodes.

Broncos 2000 defense under Robinson:
                  -- Yards allowed: 5,544
                  -- Points allowed: 369
                  -- Overall defense ranked #24

Broncos 2001 defense under Rhodes:
                  -- Yards allowed: 4,774
                  -- Points allowed: 339
                  -- Overall defense ranked #8

Obviously, Rhodes wasn't a perfect fit for Denver but he did a better job than Robinson. Rhodes took our defense from #24 in the league to #8 in 2001 and #6 in 2002. Expect a decent turnaround with Cunningham in KC.

I'm just glad Coyer was able to move us up to #4 in the league. Now if he can just get the defense creating more sacks and turnovers, we'll be a definite Super Bowl contender.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Im actually thinking that the Raiders will do some damage this year. They improved both of their offense and defensive lines. That should improve everything else dramatically. The root of any offense or defense begins at the line.
                    You're a year or 2 early. Maybe more. The Raiders WILL be improved, no doubt about it. BUT. . . .

There's an AWFUL LOT OF GROUND TO BE GAINED WHEN YOU'RE 4-12! :p

They're older and slower at key positions, without proven quality backups. They have problems at RB.

The additions to their OL are ROOKIES! Rookies don't win championships. Gallery may be great in the future and may well deserve to start right away.

But, he's a couple of years away from a pro-bowl.

Bottom line: The Raiders have too many holes to compete for the division this year, and they're not a young team at key spots.

By the time their young players mature, guys like Gannon, Rice, Brown will be gone to the Hall of Fame.

The window of opportunity has already closed for that team.

And it couldn't happen to a finer bunch! :p Good riddance and thank God we don't have to look forward to their fans tearing up the streets, burning cars, and generally violating the conditions of their work-release this year!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                      I think the Raiders will be better, but I don't know about damage. I mean, they have Norv Turner as their coach (gag) and unless Ganon got younger in the off-season, no one to throw the ball.

In the AFC I would expect the Titans to (finally) fall off a little bit, although their draft was pretty spiffy.

Up and coming teams? I would wager the Jaguars are going to be pretty good. As much as I hate them, they have a dominating D and the offense is going to be much improved. Week 2 for the Broncos scares me.

Comment

I'm sorry if my comments on Rhodes seemed overly critical. I actually liked what he did for the D what killed us was getting so few turnovers.. also there were tons of times that our O put the D in a bad situation but then again the reverse was also true. Your comments really were on point and I guess what it came down to is that he wasn't the perfect fit here. I would really like to see our D get some more picks and fumbles this year so we can work with a shortened field and get a nice cushion on teams.
                        My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

I'm not sure why we are criticizing Rhodes or Berry. Both gave it their all when they wore Orange and Blue, and had moderate to high levels of success. One would think we would thank them for their time spent here and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                            I'm not sure why we are criticizing Rhodes or Berry. Both gave it their all when they wore Orange and Blue, and had moderate to high levels of success. One would think we would thank them for their time spent here and move on.
                            Your comments are in line with my post about Berry. There are several members on this board that think Berry should have given up a million dollars a year for the CHANCE to win a Superbowl.

A MILLION DOLLARS!

That's a lot of zeros! And yeah, he is a millionaire either way and if he had made that decision he would not be crazy, but at the same time, the idea of BLAMING him for not giving up a huge pay raise IS insane.

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3
                              Your comments are in line with my post about Berry. There are several members on this board that think Berry should have given up a million dollars a year for the CHANCE to win a Superbowl.

A MILLION DOLLARS!

That's a lot of zeros! And yeah, he is a millionaire either way and if he had made that decision he would not be crazy, but at the same time, the idea of BLAMING him for not giving up a huge pay raise IS insane.
                              I'm not sure who else there is to "BLAME" but himself. He IS the one that made the decision to leave the team. It's not so "insane" to claim that he is to blame for not giving up a huge pay raise because that's exactly what he did, or didn't do in this case. Maybe you meant "bash", or something like that, but "blame" is not the right word here.

I'm not saying he's wrong or right or that I know the factors other than money (if any) that were involved in his decision. You are right though; there's only a "CHANCE" for us to win the Super Bowl this year, or next year, or maybe in the next 3 years, but what chance does Arizona have in the next few years to win a Super Bowl? I know they'll be better off with Green and they'll have a great 1-2 receiver punch for years to come, but they have a lot more problems than that, and most of these come from the top. By the time Arizona gets their act together it might be too late for Bert. Who knows, maybe their dedication to Tillman will have them contending, but I highly doubt it. (In fact, I'm hoping, and confident, that Tillman's memory will give Jake a boost.)

There's many guys who play their whole careers and never get the chance to hoist that trophy. Many, especially the ones who performed well and were paid well for it, would gladly give up a paltry few of their millions to have the opportunity to experience that feeling. I'm thinking that he's going to be one of those guys. Some of our own beloved Broncos DID give up millions for a BETTER chance at winning, and who knows, if Elway, Davis, et al. didn't restructure their contracts we might be 0-5 or 0-6, or still even 0-4 at the big game.

I have nothing against Bert Berry, nor do I hate him for leaving the Broncos - in fact, I've heard many great things about him. I just think that he made a mistake by leaving our team AND going to the Cardinals. I hope he does well - I know we will.
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3
                                I love the Broncos but when another team offers me twice as much money I'm going.
                                Ok, sombody on here said this is the definition of a sale out. I look at it like this, I am a huge broncos fan, may dad was a fan, so I have been watching them sence i was 8 year old. Now if a dude came to my house and said " i'll give you two millon dollars to be a bucks fan, im there, no ifs and's or buts, You would be stupid not too go. This world is all about money, everything you do takes money and that is alot of money.You have to take care of your own first, everthing else second.
                                Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X