Broncos ranked #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos0707
    Ok, sombody on here said this is the definition of a sale out. I look at it like this, I am a huge broncos fan, may dad was a fan, so I have been watching them sence i was 8 year old. Now if a dude came to my house and said " i'll give you two millon dollars to be a bucks fan, im there, no ifs and's or buts, You would be stupid not too go. This world is all about money, everything you do takes money and that is alot of money.You have to take care of your own first, everthing else second.
    You're talking about two different things here... being a fan is completely different than being a player. I think we would all become fans of a different team if someone offered us $2 million... geez... But, what The Dark Knight said is true, BY DEFINITION we would all be "sell-outs"; assuming that we were all true Broncos fans to begin with. That's what a sell-out is.

Just curious. If someone offered you money (pick a figure) to become a Raiders fan would you do it? And, if you decided to become a Raiders fan would you feel the need to change your signature?
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Re: Broncos ranked #4

Originally posted by justusj101679
      ESPN Rankings

Kinda shocked that they are that high. I guess the national media is giving the Broncos more respect than I thought they would.
      This doesn't shock me one bit...with a good RB we would of been #2 fo sho.
      BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
        You're talking about two different things here... being a fan is completely different than being a player. I think we would all become fans of a different team if someone offered us $2 million... geez... But, what The Dark Knight said is true, BY DEFINITION we would all be "sell-outs"; assuming that we were all true Broncos fans to begin with. That's what a sell-out is.

Just curious. If someone offered you money (pick a figure) to become a Raiders fan would you do it? And, if you decided to become a Raiders fan would you feel the need to change your signature?
        There is limits to everything!!!
        Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There is limits to everything!!!
          LOL!!! Good answer!!!

Winter is Coming!

Comment

They are two different thing but its still money and as bad as this may sound if you were a player and sombody offers to double you $$$$ would you stay?
            Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

...and to think that Berry gave up a chance to be on a contending team with a highly regarded defense so he could be a rich player on a team ranked #30
              and eli went to all that trouble to be on #29 (not that i think his decision was wrong, just why the giants?)
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

They are two different thing but its still money and as bad as this may sound if you were a player and sombody offers to double you $$$$ would you stay?
                It would be a hard choice, and harder if that other team was a contender, let's say a KC, or Indy, or Eagles or somebody like that, but, the Cardinals????
                Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                  and eli went to all that trouble to be on #29 (not that i think his decision was wrong, just why the giants?)
                  At least Eli is at the beginning of his career and there's lots of time for the Giants to build a strong team again. Bert is probably well over the half way mark of his career and it would be a miracle if Arizona becomes a contender before his final days. Ironically, or not so, his age was probably part of the equation. Like broncsx3 said, they only have so much time to make their money.

Money-wise, Eli could quit after a few years or when his contract is up and still be set for life. I'm not sure the same could've been said about Bert.
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

[B]I'm not sure who else there is to "BLAME" but himself. He IS the one that made the decision to leave the team. It's not so "insane" to claim that he is to blame for not giving up a huge pay raise because that's exactly what he did, or didn't do in this case. Maybe you meant "bash", or something like that, but "blame" is not the right word here.]
                    I think blame is the right word, as in you blame him for leaving or you don't, in the sense that you hold it against him. You are right the responsibility for him leaving is mostly on his shoulders (I guess you could say the Broncos share a part of that in that they were not willing to pay him what Arizona was -- smartly so if you ask me).

I'm not saying he's wrong or right or that I know the factors other than money (if any) that were involved in his decision. You are right though; there's only a "CHANCE" for us to win the Super Bowl this year, or next year, or maybe in the next 3 years, but what chance does Arizona have in the next few years to win a Super Bowl? I know they'll be better off with Green and they'll have a great 1-2 receiver punch for years to come, but they have a lot more problems than that, and most of these come from the top. By the time Arizona gets their act together it might be too late for Bert. Who knows, maybe their dedication to Tillman will have them contending, but I highly doubt it. (In fact, I'm hoping, and confident, that Tillman's memory will give Jake a boost.)
                    Ah, but my post wasn't about whether he had a chance to win a superbowl in Arizona, quite the contrary. I'm saying would you give up a million dollars a year for a chance to win a superbowl? I guess technically he still has a "chance" to win as a Cardinal, but we all know that ain't gonna happen!

There's many guys who play their whole careers and never get the chance to hoist that trophy. Many, especially the ones who performed well and were paid well for it, would gladly give up a paltry few of their millions to have the opportunity to experience that feeling. I'm thinking that he's going to be one of those guys. Some of our own beloved Broncos DID give up millions for a BETTER chance at winning, and who knows, if Elway, Davis, et al. didn't restructure their contracts we might be 0-5 or 0-6, or still even 0-4 at the big game.
                    Well sure, guys like Karl Malone and Dan Marino would give up a million dollars, probably more for a ring. But this isn't Marino we are talking about here. I read one report that had Arizona offering a million dollars more then the next highest offer (where I got my million dollar question from) and maybe as much as 1.5 million more then Denver. That's a 50-100% pay increase!

No doubt Berry is going to be a lot richer then me at the end of his life either way, but it isn't a "few pultry millions" to him, its half of his money!

You are a better guy then I. I hate seeing former Broncos succeed after they choose another team over ours, even if I can respect their decisions. I guess I'm just a hypocrite.

Comment

Broncos at #4:

We're assuming that Mike Shanahan can find a capable back to replace at least some of Clinton Portis' production.
                      Well Griffin seemed capable of doing that last year. Add Hurst and a powerful rookie in Bell and that should be more than adequate.

Did you notice that 4 out of the top 5 are AFC. Two of them are in the same division as the team who is also in last place.
                      Oh, how the mighty NFC have fallen!
                      And oh, how the Chargers still stink. They are well on their way of becomming the Bangles of the new millennium!

Think about it: weak offense, strong RB, a defense with more holes in it than an old pair of underware, able to trip up the Broncos every once in a while when we're not looking....hmmm, could it be.....?

Go Broncos!
                      Last edited by Mile High Jedi; 05-05-2004, 06:51 PM.

Comment

The only thing I will remember about Greg Robinson, 4th and 26 baby!!!!

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
                        Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

That is so funny what is said about the Chargers "The weather is great and all, but we're not sure we'd want our son playing for the Chargers, either." Hahaha.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                          Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                          Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                          Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                            I know, im just being an ass hole.

lmao, at least you are honest

Comment

For sure? Aren't you forgetting the team that just nailed TO, Kearse, Dhani Jones and have gone to the NFC Championship 3 years in a row??? And the 6th youngest team in football???

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
                              Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

I would really like to see our D get some more picks and fumbles this year so we can work with a shortened field and get a nice cushion on teams.

I am thinking that it won't be so much on unexpected turnovers but moreso on 4th down turnovers that we'll see this year compared to last. I'd be thinking also that we'll be challenging the NFL lead in total yards allowed, and time of posession.

Comment

Working...
                                X