Broncos ranked #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Hoagie
    For sure? Aren't you forgetting the team that just nailed TO, Kearse, Dhani Jones and have gone to the NFC Championship 3 years in a row??? And the 6th youngest team in football???
    Do you guys have Darrius Holland and Marcus Fatefahei (sp?) still? Watching them I thought they were pretty good against the run. Although the Cowboys D proved that if you can't make plays no matter how good your D is, it doesn't mean anything.

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
    Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

I would really like to see us challenge in both those categories.. then again I am one of those guys who enjoys D more than offense.
      My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

For sure? Aren't you forgetting the team that just nailed TO, Kearse, Dhani Jones and have gone to the NFC Championship 3 years in a row??? And the 6th youngest team in football???
        They just lost one of the best corner tandems in the league...

Comment

Originally posted by justusj101679
          They just lost one of the best corner tandems in the league...
          Those guys were getting old anyway. But you also have to realize Troy Vincent played 5 games last year and Bobby Taylor played only 4. Lito Sheppard is in the Top 10 of passes defended and pretty much shut down Moulds in the first half when he was covering him. And also licked TO and out him out for the season. But then again we also have this guy starting at corner http://www.maceagle.com/2003/sheldonhit.html

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

Those guys were getting old anyway. But you also have to realize Troy Vincent played 5 games last year and Bobby Taylor played only 4. Lito Sheppard is in the Top 10 of passes defended and pretty much shut down Moulds in the first half when he was covering him. And also licked TO and out him out for the season. But then again we also have this guy starting at corner http://www.maceagle.com/2003/sheldonhit.html
            Eagles will be fine. You just need to worry about the Bucs this year. I think they may be the most improved team in football period.

** Basically an All-Pro O-line across the board this year.
            ** Healthy Alstott and Garner is an explosive upgrade.
            ** Deep at WR and no distracting Johnson.
            ** A healthy and improved secondary. Edwards as a nickel back is elite. Lynch always was a liability in coverage despite being a leader. They think Phillips will be better overall.
            ** Improved LBs with Ian Gold on the strongside.
            ** Vastly improved Special Teams with many players signed including Keith Burns and Ian Gold. And a return to form by Grammatica.
            ** They think DT McFarland will put up better numbers in the rush spot then Sapp did. Darby is fine as the gap plugger.

They were lackluster last year due to a crappy O-line (now completely overhauled and fixed), a crappy running game (Garner fixes that and Alstott healthy makes a huge difference), and injuries to their secondary with no depth (fixed nicely). They have no holes at all anywhere.

If the Eagles get an injury at corner, man, you guys are in some trouble. TO needs to fit in and be a team player, and McNabb better not get hurt with Feeley and Detmer gone. Now, those aren't glaring questionmarks, but they are certainly more glaring then anything the Bucs have.

As far as I'm concerned its a two team race in the NFC, maybe three if the 'Skins step it up under Gibbs. And no, I don't think Carolina even makes the playoffs this year.

As for the AFC, its wide open with the Pats and Colts being the early favs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
              Eagles will be fine. You just need to worry about the Bucs this year. I think they may be the most improved team in football period.

** Basically an All-Pro O-line across the board this year.
              ** Healthy Alstott and Garner is an explosive upgrade.
              ** Deep at WR and no distracting Johnson.
              ** A healthy and improved secondary. Edwards as a nickel back is elite. Lynch always was a liability in coverage despite being a leader. They think Phillips will be better overall.
              ** Improved LBs with Ian Gold on the strongside.
              ** Vastly improved Special Teams with many players signed including Keith Burns and Ian Gold. And a return to form by Grammatica.
              ** They think DT McFarland will put up better numbers in the rush spot then Sapp did. Darby is fine as the gap plugger.

They were lackluster last year due to a crappy O-line (now completely overhauled and fixed), a crappy running game (Garner fixes that and Alstott healthy makes a huge difference), and injuries to their secondary with no depth (fixed nicely). They have no holes at all anywhere.

If the Eagles get an injury at corner, man, you guys are in some trouble. TO needs to fit in and be a team player, and McNabb better not get hurt with Feeley and Detmer gone. Now, those aren't glaring questionmarks, but they are certainly more glaring then anything the Bucs have.

As far as I'm concerned its a two team race in the NFC, maybe three if the 'Skins step it up under Gibbs. And no, I don't think Carolina even makes the playoffs this year.

As for the AFC, its wide open with the Pats and Colts being the early favs.
              Huh? Detmer didn't leave... and how did AJ Feeley do in Dolphins camp? And the bucs do NOT have a good o-line. They signed one player. And Alstott is not exactly healthy.

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"

Comment

Re: Broncos ranked #4

Originally posted by justusj101679
                ESPN Rankings

Kinda shocked that they are that high. I guess the national media is giving the Broncos more respect than I thought they would.
                LOVE THAT PICTURE!! LMFAO!!!

Comment

AWESOME!! The Falcons fall back into number seven! I'll take it! Haha.

Hawaiian, Stylin, and Profilin'!

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a special flavor, the protected will never know." - Unknown U.S. Marine in WWII

May 1,000,000,000 crabs infest the crotch of anyone that spoils your day!

RIP - Pat Tillman 1976 - 2004

Comment

speaking of the Chiefs...

That first game, national on Sunday night is gonna be huge. It very well could set the tone for the season for both teams. Thank god we got home field. Such an early matchup is almost un-nerving. I suspect that the final preseason game will be a bit more important this year than ever before. It's not like we can aford to stumble against a San Diego and still pull out a win. We gota be on the top of our game right out of the gate. It would be so awesome to send those red creeps home, tails betwen their legs, season in an immediate tailspin!
                    I shudder to think about a home los to them to start the season off! HUGE GAME.
                    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

No doubt about it, KC has the kind of offensive potential to be an ideal test for what Denver is trying to do defensively. KC doesn't have to worry about Portis chewing them up- now they have to concentrate on 3 different backs!
                      Better still is the possibility that the Chiefs' biggest concern is wether they can actually put more than a couple of field goals on the board! Hall's about to become the EX FACTOR!

Go Broncos!

Comment

Huh? Detmer didn't leave... and how did AJ Feeley do in Dolphins camp? And the bucs do NOT have a good o-line. They signed one player. And Alstott is not exactly healthy.
                        Bleh, got confused on Koy and Ty. Saw Ty signed with the Falcons and thought of Koy.

As for the Bucs though....

They signed...

1) Derrick Deese as the LT, who hasnt allowed ONE sack in two years.

2) Todd Steusie as the RT, who was an All-Pro as a LT.

3) Matt Stinchcomb as LG, who was the Raiders former LT.

4) Matt O'Dwyer who was a starting guard in Cincy, and is now merely depth.

Cosey Coleman, Roman Oben (last year's LT), and Kerry Jenkins will compete for RG. John Wade is the center.

The Bucs are stacked on the O-line with plenty of depth.

Alstott is 100% healthy. Completely medically cleared.

According to the St. Petersburg Times, Alstott has been medically cleared to resume playing football after offseason surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck. "I've just gotten good reports," coach Jon Gruden said. "That's all I can go by, what the doctors say and what he says. He's been in there every day early in the morning. He looks great, feels great and has been cleared to play."
                        (Updated 04/01/2004).

Oh well, at least you caught me on the Detmer mistake. Still, Koy has had one start and has thrown 48 passes in the last 4 years. And that is your backup QB. Pray, pray, pray McNabb doesnt get hurt.

Comment

Bleh, got confused on Koy and Ty. Saw Ty signed with the Falcons and thought of Koy.

They signed...

Cosey Coleman, Roman Oben (last year's LT), and Kerry Jenkins will compete for RG. John Wade is the center.

According to the St. Petersburg Times, Alstott has been medically cleared to resume playing football after offseason surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck. "I've just gotten good reports," coach Jon Gruden said. "That's all I can go by, what the doctors say and what he says. He's been in there every day early in the morning. He looks great, feels great and has been cleared to play."
                          (Updated 04/01/2004).

Oh well, at least you caught me on the Detmer mistake. Still, Koy has had one start and has thrown 48 passes in the last 4 years. And that is your backup QB. Pray, pray, pray McNabb doesnt get hurt.
                          alstott is going to be the next steve young one concusision {sp} after another.
                          Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Apples
                            I am thinking that it won't be so much on unexpected turnovers but moreso on 4th down turnovers that we'll see this year compared to last. I'd be thinking also that we'll be challenging the NFL lead in total yards allowed, and time of posession.
                            God that would be great.
                            Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They signed...

(Updated 04/01/2004).

Excellent point. They also got Clayton in the draft. But, they still might not have a running game, being an eagles fan, I know Charlie Garner isn't an 18 carry back. However, Alstott won't be the same player. Also they don't have the defense they once had. Simeon Rice is not going to get ANY help inside and will be doubled.

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"

Comment

You gotta love the quote for the Chargers:

"The weather is great and all, but we're not sure we'd want our son playing for the Chargers, either."

ROFLMMFAO
                                My other love...
                                sigpic
                                305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X