• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's now...

20-0 for the perfect season?

So now it can be anywhere from
    0-17 to 20-0... excluding ties.

What's your expectation for 2021/22 season.

I'm going for 10-7 regular season and 14-7 in total... but I'm wildly optimistic.

Love the optimism. I try to annually be equally optimistic.

But still too early for me to get there. Too many unanswered questions still.

Need to see how the FO goes into training camps and the season. Will they be confidently following a plan or going into the season with lame duck coaches and QB?

Until those directions are decided, how can you be confident? On the positive, I see a solid roster developing which the draft will hopefully make it deeper. But who are the Broncos? Who are their leaders, especially on the offensive side?

10-7 and a Wild Card spot would be some massive progress in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Love the optimism. I try to annually be equally optimistic.

But still too early for me to get there. Too many unanswered questions still.

Need to see how the FO goes into training camps and the season. Will they be confidently following a plan or going into the season with lame duck coaches and QB?

Until those directions are decided, how can you be confident? On the positive, I see a solid roster developing which the draft will hopefully make it deeper. But who are the Broncos? Who are their leaders, especially on the offensive side?

10-7 and a Wild Card spot would be some massive progress in the right direction.
      Like you stated, "Too many unanswered questions", especially our QB situation.

Let's see what happens on 29 April and into the summer camp activities to allow for more realistic expectations regarding win / loss predictions.
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

10-7 looks like such a weird number. 10-6 used to represent a good season--at least a playoff birth in all but the toughest of years. 9-7 was always a bubble--you were almost always at the mercy of someone else. Now 10-7? What the heck does that mean? Something between, I know. It is just different.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post
          10-7 looks like such a weird number. 10-6 used to represent a good season--at least a playoff birth in all but the toughest of years. 9-7 was always a bubble--you were almost always at the mercy of someone else. Now 10-7? What the heck does that mean? Something between, I know. It is just different.
          I felt the same way when I started to think about it, and it was even stranger when I wrote 10-7.

On balance I think it's a good thing but regular season records will have to be qualified (again) saying 17 game season, until it becomes the norm and then the 16-game seasons will be **.

I love comparing stats and records, just for fun, now it's less straightforward.
          Last edited by BiscuitBronco; 03-31-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I like the change to 17 games AND only 3 preseason games. There are some players that don't like the idea. I don't get it. It is not an increase in games all together. With one less preseason game (where more injuries occur than other games) and also as part of the labor agreement, the players now will receive 48.5% of shareable revenues with a 17th game, up from 47% last season. The potential for larger salary caps with increased revenues means relative higher paying contracts in the near future.
            And better for fans by getting another 'real' game and not paying for a 'fake' game.
            sigpic

Comment

I guess some people don't like odd numbers. Maybe they suffer from:

Imparnumerophobia:

Imparnumerophobia (from Latin impar, "odd", and numerus, "number") is the fear of odd numbers. Imparnumerophobes would make sure everything they do is even, like the amount of foods eaten.
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

True enough. Though only a slight adjustment, it will take a year or two to reestablish my bearings as to what a more typical playoff season amounts to. In past, 10 and 6 was likely a playoff team, though not always. 9 and 7 also had playoff hopes, but not nearly as reliable. Of course there's a few exceptions, like the NFC East this year.

For now I will assume that 10 and 7 gives you a pretty good chance to make the playoffs, whereas 9 and 8 does not. And if anything, 11 and 6 is a really good record. Of course it all depends on how hard it is to win your division, and if your conference is one-sided, in that, a number of teams have really good seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

True enough. Though only a slight adjustment, it will take a year or two to reestablish my bearings as to what a more typical playoff season amounts to. In past, 10 and 6 was likely a playoff team, though not always. 9 and 7 also had playoff hopes, but not nearly as reliable. Of course there's a few exceptions, like the NFC East this year.

For now I will assume that 10 and 7 gives you a pretty good chance to make the playoffs, whereas 9 and 8 does not. And if anything, 11 and 6 is a really good record. Of course it all depends on how hard it is to win your division, and if your conference is one-sided, in that, a number of teams have really good seasons.
                  Going forward It will be interesting to see as the NFL season(s) get close to the playoffs how much difference the one game will play into each conference and division scenarios.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Going forward It will be interesting to see as the NFL season(s) get close to the playoffs how much difference the one game will play into each conference and division scenarios.
                    I am an old fart who does not love change....unless it works for me, right?! I accept whatever was voted for. I do wonder if reduced training preparation and adding games to the season are a formula for increased injuries. And from a sentimental perspective, I hope that not too many records fall as a result. Many will. I guess that's a casualty of "progress".

And as an aside, hmmm, how does that affect fantasy football? Extra game?? (Many will say, "who cares'!!)

Comment

I wonder if the season will start earlier or if it will end later?

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
                        I wonder if the season will start earlier or if it will end later?
                        Thought I heard guys on NFLR say it will start at the same time and end later. They don't want to open the season on Labor Day. SB Sunday will be 13 February, I believe.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I am an old fart who does not love change....unless it works for me, right?! I accept whatever was voted for. I do wonder if reduced training preparation and adding games to the season are a formula for increased injuries. And from a sentimental perspective, I hope that not too many records fall as a result. Many will. I guess that's a casualty of "progress".

And as an aside, hmmm, how does that affect fantasy football? Extra game?? (Many will say, "who cares'!!)
                          Regarding season / team records, when the NFL went from 14 to 16 games a season I don't think they used asterisks to show number of games played for the record that was broken. So I don't believe tons of records will be broken due to adding one game but you never know, we'll see. I'm one of the many who say....who cares?
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Thought I heard guys on NFLR say it will start at the same time and end later. They don't want to open the season on Labor Day. SB Sunday will be 13 February, I believe.
                            I heard the exact same thing on ESPN.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

The regular season will begin on September 9, 2021, and will conclude on Sunday, January 9, 2022. The playoffs will begin the following weekend and will conclude with Super Bowl LVI, the league's championship game, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, February 13, 2022

Comment

Working...
                              X