If not now, then when ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If not now, then when ?

Of course I realise that there are no guarantees, but if we don’t make an effort to trade up when will our next opportunity to nab a QB come along ? I’ve not seen anything in Lock to think he will lead us to the promised land so want to resolve this problem position ASAP.

Originally posted by EngBronco View Post
    Of course I realise that there are no guarantees, but if we don’t make an effort to trade up when will our next opportunity to nab a QB come along ? I’ve not seen anything in Lock to think he will lead us to the promised land so want to resolve this problem position ASAP.
    With all due respect, the Denver Bronco QB situation is already being discussed in this forum in a few other threads. No need to start another one, IMO.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Trade up to where to take the 4th QB taken? This isn’t the draft to trade up for a QB unless it’s Fields that starts to drop. Lance is a multi year project and Jones has the lowest ceiling of the group. If we’re trading up for a QB I’d like him to at least beat out Lock in year 1.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Trade up to where to take the 4th QB taken? This isn’t the draft to trade up for a QB unless it’s Fields that starts to drop. Lance is a multi year project and Jones has the lowest ceiling of the group. If we’re trading up for a QB I’d like him to at least beat out Lock in year 1.
        Right. Seems like the first three picks will be for QBs. Spending draft capital to trade up for the fourth QB is foolish and reckless.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

LOL Lawrence is the only QB worth trading up for and the Jags ain’t giving up that #1 pick.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Only the front office knows the answer to this. How bad is Lock? I don't know. I know he was bad, but Nobody knows how bad except the front office. They know what was called, they know his reads, and they know what he was supposed to do.

Who cares if it's the 4th QB? If they like the QB, and think it's a significant upgrade, they should do it. If not, don't.

We just need to support what they choose to do with faith. We don't know the whole story and I support what they do. Especially since we didn't get a retread QB once again.

Comment

You draft the quarterback you believe will help your team compete for championships.

If he happens to be the fourth quarterback, so be it.

If you think he will be drafted before he gets to your spot, trade up to get him. Another team might think the same about him as you do.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

If we move up and draft a qb are we going to give him 18 games and move on?

sigpic

Comment

When?

Never.

Never again into infinity.

Just ask anyone.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Next year.

Comment

When have the Broncos ever won by drafting a QB?
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Lock was selected by the Denver Broncos in the second round with the 42nd overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.[9][10][11] He suffered a thumb injury in the preseason and was placed on injured reserve on September 1, 2019.[12] He was designated for return from injured reserve on November 12, 2019, and began practicing with the team again.

On November 30, 2019, the Broncos activated Lock off of injured reserve and named him the starter for their game the next day against the Los Angeles Chargers.[13] He threw for 134 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception, and he moved the Broncos down the field in the last 15 seconds (via a pass interference penalty on the Chargers' Casey Heyward Jr.) to set up a Brandon McManus 53-yard field goal as time expired, leading the Broncos to a 23–20 win, his first NFL victory.[14] During Week 14 against the Houston Texans, a game in which the Texans were favored by nine points, Lock threw three touchdowns in the first half and led another scoring drive to start the second half, giving his team a 38–3 lead. The Broncos eventually won the game 38–24, and Lock finished with 309 passing yards, three touchdowns, and an interception.[15] He ended up starting the remainder of the season. In five games, he finished with 1,020 passing yards, seven touchdowns, and three interceptions.[16] He went 4–1 as a starter in 2019 and in the process, tied with legendary Broncos quarterback John Elway for the most franchise wins by a rookie QB with four, only needing five games to accomplish the feat that Elway did not reach until his 10th game.[17]

2 years with no stability in coaching, play calling, and lack of any resemblance of a Normal NFL Season. Let him GROW with the other rockies hope for a return to normal and see what he has. Now his coaches and game plans will effect his success. But the man is rough around the edges. Hope Paton makes the right choice as this is the Most important job on th field.

Comment

I have seen steady improvement in Lock and an impressive arm and elusiveness. I like him. I think you wait until next year. Josh Allen needed time, Drew Brees needed time, John Elway needed time. I don't get why you draft a guy to sit on the bench when a guy with talent is on a rookie contract and improving when you could be building your team with a very solid OT or a LB who could be with your team for years and may be the best player at his position in the draft.

Everyone knew Drew Lock would need some time so give him a new offensive coordinator every year (just like college), injure half of his receivers and half of his tight ends and then toss him head first out the door when he diesn't make the Pro Bowl after 18 games.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post
                            I have seen steady improvement in Lock and an impressive arm and elusiveness. I like him. I think you wait until next year. Josh Allen needed time, Drew Brees needed time, John Elway needed time. I don't get why you draft a guy to sit on the bench when a guy with talent is on a rookie contract and improving when you could be building your team with a very solid OT or a LB who could be with your team for years and may be the best player at his position in the draft.

Everyone knew Drew Lock would need some time so give him a new offensive coordinator every year (just like college), injure half of his receivers and half of his tight ends and then toss him head first out the door when he diesn't make the Pro Bowl after 18 games.
                            100% this. I think a lot of fans (maybe not the majority) understand this. Maybe it's the FOMO on this years QB crop, when the board is strong and our draft position makes it feasible to trade up to get one of the top 4-5 prospects? It will be interesting to see how these hot prospects look in 2 or 3 years.

Lock will improve and develop into a decent starting QB, with potential for more. That should be enough. As you say, build the roster with quality players and let's get play-off competitive. Lock can deliver.

Comment

I can’t wait to see if Paton and the Broncos brain trust share that same opinion of Lock.

If they do and are not drafting a QB, that #9 has become incredibly intriguing. Seeing a lot of mock speculation that Sewell may make it to #9. Almost an absurd thought just a few weeks ago. But the QB frenzy has made it a real possibility.

And if from r some reason Sewell is selected, either Slater or Parsons would be excellent “consolation prizes”.

All depends on how much confidence they have in Lock becoming the player many of us believe he can.

Comment

Working...
                              X