If not now, then when ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    A new rumor is Paton likes Lance and Fields the same and that if SF takes Mac Jones that the Broncos feel one of the two will fall either to them at 9 or to 7 where it would be a lot cheaper to trade up for one of them.

For me, I feel Detroit is the wildcard that no one is talking about in that they could take a QB. I'm not sure how sold they are on Goff and it would make sense for them to draft a QB like Lance to sit behind Goff for a year or two when it's cheap to move on from Goff.
    These rumours are always interesting. Sometimes rumours equate to solid stuff and sometimes it's like they get brewed by some magical party. Believe me, I am not doubting you or your comment, it's just that it gets hard to keep on top of reality this time of year.

What I do know is Fields had a pretty good session yesterday, and he can throw with the best of them. Jones did not show off as strong an arm, though pretty good, but it often comes down to football intellect/instinct. I have yet to see Lance in a pro day, but I can only assume he is talented. The thing I like about Joes is his apparent thirst for details, and hunger to practice.

Comment

Originally posted by S037474 View Post
      Only the front office knows the answer to this. How bad is Lock? I don't know. I know he was bad, but Nobody knows how bad except the front office. They know what was called, they know his reads, and they know what he was supposed to do.

Who cares if it's the 4th QB? If they like the QB, and think it's a significant upgrade, they should do it. If not, don't.

We just need to support what they choose to do with faith. We don't know the whole story and I support what they do. Especially since we didn't get a retread QB once again.

New Here @ Bronco C...I came across one of several Patriot's News Feed's and it had the Patriots especially BILL.Showng BIG interest in KELLEN MOND TEXAS A&M QB Who BTW is Ranked #4 in many Draft Reports.He has played in the SEC The toughest if not- one -of the thoughest Conferences in CFL.Many GM's Put a premium on SEC players. Denver Would be A instant top 10 Automatically .MOND Could be the next PRESCOTT Or Better.He's just as dynamic with his feet as a accurate passer and Good at throwing on the run.
      Last edited by BCfL; 04-23-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

If Cincinnati is after Chase, we might be able to move up there, because at 9 they would still get their man. I don't see Miami motivated for any reason and I doubt Detroit would fail to take a QB. Same with Carolina. I think they would take a QB as well before they traded out of their position. If the 49ers take Jones (I doubt it) then I see a path to Fields.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

These rumours are always interesting. Sometimes rumours equate to solid stuff and sometimes it's like they get brewed by some magical party. Believe me, I am not doubting you or your comment, it's just that it gets hard to keep on top of reality this time of year.

What I do know is Fields had a pretty good session yesterday, and he can throw with the best of them. Jones did not show off as strong an arm, though pretty good, but it often comes down to football intellect/instinct. I have yet to see Lance in a pro day, but I can only assume he is talented. The thing I like about Joes is his apparent thirst for details, and hunger to practice.
          I don't know if it's true either. Even if true this plan depends on the actions of other teams so Paton isn't totally in control of the situation and we may never know. But it is a reasonable plan, assuming you like both a lot, to gamble a bit to see if one drops. The payoff is that Paton isn't mortgaging the future and if Lock or one of the two QBs don't work out, you still have enough draft capital to try again next year or improve the team in other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

I don't know if it's true either. Even if true this plan depends on the actions of other teams so Paton isn't totally in control of the situation and we may never know. But it is a reasonable plan, assuming you like both a lot, to gamble a bit to see if one drops. The payoff is that Paton isn't mortgaging the future and if Lock or one of the two QBs don't work out, you still have enough draft capital to try again next year or improve the team in other ways.
            I get what you are saying, but I feel it's a little rich to spend any extra capital. or even just stay at 9 and select a QB, and not end up with your franchise guy this year. I would really not want to go this route, and then be unsure again next year.

My preference is to look for a tier 2 QB, and use the first couple of picks on key non QBs. That allows us to maybe land our franchise QB with Lock and the tier 2 players, and still refresh with other key positional players.

Conversely, if we had a crystal ball and we knew that either Lock or the high draft pick QB would be "the guy", I am with ya. It's the added risk and extra capital that starts worrying me. Therefore if we choose a first round QB, we have to be really confident!

Comment

Owusu-Koramoah /Mayfield /Moehrig (or Cisco) sort of draft would be doable, I think, and a team improvement package that would outweigh all but the Wilson/Fields option (I think those are the best two, sorry Trevor).

Comment

Working...
              X